link to forum on the main site ! ?

General discussion about Celestia that doesn't fit into other forums.
Topic author
Bluespace
With us: 19 years
Location: Cosmos - MilkyWay- Solar System- Earth- Asia- India- Kerala- Kochi (All Aliens R Invited)

link to forum on the main site ! ?

Post #1by Bluespace » 26.09.2007, 16:23

i was just wondering why isn't there any links to the 'celestia forum' on the main page of shatters.net, of course everyone doesn't always add the link to the favorites, and for the new users (and some old) typing celestiaproject.net/forum will be inconvenience, and why isn't there atleast an attractive page as a homepage, i remember the old days, when i type shatters.net i get the apache "server okay" page, but the only change now is just a couple of links

ElChristou
Developer
With us: 19 years 7 months

Post #2by ElChristou » 26.09.2007, 16:46

The main Celestia site is:

http://shatters.net/celestia/index.html

... and there is a link to the forum on this page...

Topic author
Bluespace
Location: Cosmos - MilkyWay- Solar System- Earth- Asia- India- Kerala- Kochi (All Aliens R Invited)

Post #3by Bluespace » 26.09.2007, 16:54

please try to understand my post, (READ IT ONCE MORE, PLEASE), uuf i am fed up with this, it look like CM peoples here, just have only one thing in their mind "criticize" whatever they see/read here

ElChristou
Developer

Post #4by ElChristou » 26.09.2007, 18:35

:?:

Sorry, I misunderstood your little then... I thought that by "main" you were referring to "main" site...

Then are you talking about http://shatters.net?

(BTW, curiosity, could you explain what makes you think my post is a critic? critic of what first?)

selden
Developer
With us: 22 years

Post #5by selden » 26.09.2007, 19:30

(www.) shatters.net is Chris Laurel's personal system which he runs out of his home. Let's just say that making its root Web page pretty is not one of his priorities. It does contain a link to the Celestia home page, which is what matters, I think. The Celestia Web pages were designed by Runar Thorvaldson, not by Chris.
Selden

Topic author
Bluespace

Post #6by Bluespace » 27.09.2007, 04:39

selden wrote:(www.) shatters.net is Chris Laurel's personal system which he runs out of his home. Let's just say that making its root Web page pretty is not one of his priorities. It does contain a link to the Celestia home page, which is what matters, I think. The Celestia Web pages were designed by Runar Thorvaldson, not by Chris.
ok, thanks :) (but, IMHO, if someway you can say to him just a link to "celestia forum" would be great, )

ElChristou wrote
BTW, curiosity, could you explain what makes you think my post is a critic? critic of what first?)
the term "criticize" means to "find the fault" and your reply came like as if, what i said was utterly idiotic and the answer to that was

http://celestiaproject.net/celestia/index.html

... and there is a link to the forum on this page.

which was a Negative answer .

I hope i made it clear :!: :?: :idea: :)

ni1s
With us: 17 years 7 months

Post #7by ni1s » 27.09.2007, 06:34

The "main page" of shatters.net isn't necessarily Celestias "main page". On Celestias homepage there is a link to these forums.

ElChristou
Developer

Post #8by ElChristou » 27.09.2007, 11:24

Bluespace wrote:...the term "criticize" means to "find the fault" and your reply came like as if, what i said was utterly idiotic and the answer to that was

http://celestiaproject.net/celestia/index.html

... and there is a link to the forum on this page.

which was a Negative answer.

SO if I follow your logic, a Positive answer should have been:

"No, there is no link on the main Celestia site..."

is that right?

The problem is that I cannot make such statement because it's a non sense, there is a link to the forum on the Celestia MAIN site...

Now perhaps you are right your first post may be "utterly idiotic"... (note that I haven't say, those are your words.)

(BTW, I suppose by negative you mean that the answer wasn't in the right way (your way), right? Now, out of your very personal vision, I see nothing negative in the meaning of my response nor in the grammar... (Note that what I had to write to please you is a Negative answer...))

Between us, if you want things to go ahead, try to choose correctly your words, else you will always face what seems to you "Negative answers".
You seems to say that the CM people are always criticizing without reasons, but here you are plainly wrong. If I follow you, we should accept to deal with idiotic reasoning without trying to help people to see their faults. I think this would be really cruel... (perso I wait for everybody to correct me if I say some stupidity)
Now if personally you have no intention to higher yourself, just say it once for all and at least I (don't know for the others) won't interfere anymore in your threads...
Last edited by ElChristou on 27.09.2007, 12:40, edited 2 times in total.

ElChristou
Developer

Post #9by ElChristou » 27.09.2007, 11:25

ni1s wrote:The "main page" of shatters.net isn't necessarily Celestias "main page". On Celestias homepage there is a link to these forums.

Hey ni1s, stop those Negative answers! :lol:

t00fri
Developer
With us: 22 years 6 months

Re: link to forum on the main site ! ?

Post #10by t00fri » 27.09.2007, 12:14

Bluespace wrote:i was just wondering why isn't there any links to the 'celestia forum' on the main page of shatters.net, of course everyone doesn't always add the link to the favorites, and for the new users (and some old) typing celestiaproject.net/forum will be inconvenience, and why isn't there atleast an attractive page as a homepage, i remember the old days, when i type shatters.net i get the apache "server okay" page, but the only change now is just a couple of links

Sorry this is really not a very sensible suggestion.

http://www.shatters.net is the name of the SERVER.

The SERVER hosts a number of services. Their web-addressing has been implemented according to correct, professional standards.

In fact, going to

http://www.shatters.net

lets you choose (by clicking) between
  • Chris' personal Home page, located at http://www.celestiaproject.net/~claurel in a standard way.
  • Celestia related services at http://www.celestiaproject.net/celestia, which obviously brings you to the Celestia HOMEPAGE. There one finds correctly a link to the Celestia Forum, which is a Celestia-related service.

----------------------------------
    It is logically appropriate, to expose the link to the Celestia Forum on the Celestia home page and not on some server/index at a higher level!
    ---------------------------------

It would certainly not be a good service to new users to break such standard tree hierarchies, just because the former seem unable to place the forum URL into there favorite list or simply remember the URL.

In such cases it would be much better if new users learn how such things are done CORRECTLY!

Please remember I am not only a CM "person", but also one of the earliest, active members of this Celestia forum.

I found your statements towards ElChristou completely misplaced!

Bye Fridger

Hungry4info

Post #11by Hungry4info » 27.09.2007, 14:32

Bluespace wrote:please try to understand my post, (READ IT ONCE MORE, PLEASE), uuf i am fed up with this, it look like CM peoples here, just have only one thing in their mind "criticize" whatever they see/read here

Though that's often true, I don't believe El Christou's reply qualified as a criticism in the manor of which you're implying.
Current Setup:
Windows 7 64 bit. Celestia 1.6.0.
AMD Athlon Processor, 1.6 Ghz, 3 Gb RAM
ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics

Topic author
Bluespace

Post #12by Bluespace » 27.09.2007, 14:46

First of all, all of you supporting ElChristou, please tell

1) Why the hell did he posted something like that
2) What is the relation of that answer with my questions ( (wtfh ? did i mentioned about main celestia page? i was only mentioning shatters.net )

The only way to getinto the celesita forum is
either type the
celestiaproject.net/forum (which was the subject og my doubt) or
go to shatters.net
then click celestia
then click forum

What my intention was just

a newbie remember shatters.net
then when he want o come again to shatters.net
then click the "forum" link (which is not there,now) and happily enters here :

if shatters.net has nothing to do with celestia (directly), if it just some service and every other things working on this site have another name then why isn't the below part says "Celestia Forum" ? instead of Look below(question is not to Selden :) )

Whoever says ElChristou answer was a meaningful reply to the FIRST POST IN THIS TREAD, please go on, post again i was the idiot
i just don't give a f**

:)

ajtribick
Developer
With us: 21 years 1 month

Post #13by ajtribick » 27.09.2007, 15:10

Ah yes, a simple misunderstanding must be an attempt to denigrate you.

In the world of Bluespace, there are no misunderstandings, only malice.

ElChristou
Developer

Post #14by ElChristou » 27.09.2007, 15:20

Hungry4info wrote:
Bluespace wrote:please try to understand my post, (READ IT ONCE MORE, PLEASE), uuf i am fed up with this, it look like CM peoples here, just have only one thing in their mind "criticize" whatever they see/read here

Though that's often true, I don't believe El Christou's reply qualified as a criticism in the manor of which you're implying.

Hey guys, indeed you are incredible!

Ok, let's talk clearly. First by the CM peoples, I suppose you are not targeting Runar because he is less present here than Fridger and I.

So seems that Fridger and I have only one thing in mind: criticizing people.

Let's suppose it's true (because definitively reading the above, I doubt some are able to know what I have in mind), what's the problem with that?
Everyone is free to answer the critic. This is called a dialogue. A dialogue is an exchange of arguments around a problem to solve it. In such dialogue, if the argument is not founded it will disappear alone. At the final of such dialogue all parts can make conclusion an solve the problem. Fine.
Now if there is a critic, it's because there is something to critic, no? Else one would be banned from a community for being a troll (troll in general are quickly banned).

So what you mean is that Fridger and I are trolls, right?

Are you know conscientious of what you are saying?
I can disappear tomorrow from the community, apart a few addons that won't be a big lost, but in Fridger's case that would be a HUGE lost for the community and for Celestia...

So to conclude, will you dare say Fridger is a troll?

ElChristou
Developer

Post #15by ElChristou » 27.09.2007, 15:28

Bluespace wrote:First of all, all of you supporting ElChristou, please tell

1) Why the hell did he posted something like that

To point out that there is a link to the forum on Celestia main page.

Bluespace wrote:2) What is the relation of that answer with my questions ( (wtfh ? did i mentioned about main celestia page? i was only mentioning shatters.net )

AND THE TITLE?? ARE YOU COMPLETELY NUT? YOU ARE NOT CONCIENSIOUS OF WHAT YOU ARE WRITING OR WHAT?

Bluespace wrote:The only way to getinto the celesita forum is
either type the
celestiaproject.net/forum (which was the subject og my doubt) or
go to shatters.net
then click celestia
then click forum

Type "Celestia" in Google, the first link is the MAIN site! Then you have the link to the forum... Crystal clear...

Bluespace wrote:What my intention was just

a newbie remember shatters.net
then when he want o come again to shatters.net
then click the "forum" link (which is not there,now) and happily enters here :

A newbie don't now the term "shatters"; he know "Celestia" and at best "MotherLode"...

Bluespace wrote:if shatters.net has nothing to do with celestia (directly), if it just some service and every other things working on this site have another name then why isn't the below part says "Celestia Forum" ? instead of Look below(question is not to Selden :) )

Yes you are right, but that is Chris L fault; he never took the time to change 2 lines of PHP config, and what?

Bluespace wrote:Whoever says ElChristou answer was a meaningful reply to the FIRST POST IN THIS TREAD, please go on, post again i was the idiot
i just don't give a f**

Seems you are right... :?

selden
Developer
With us: 22 years

Post #16by selden » 27.09.2007, 16:13

Guys,

It is clear to me that most of the problem here is a failure to communicate.

Most of the people posting to this thread are not native speakers of English. Most of you are both using the wrong words to describe what you are trying to say and are misunderstanding what has been written by the other people.

You are all violating the Celestia guidelines.
Please reread them.

In particular, when you think someone has written something which upsets you, you are supposed to *ask* if that's what they intended to write. Usually, just as in this case, that is *not* what they meant.

I'm locking this thread.
Selden

Return to “Celestia Users”