Trying to see the sky & sun thru the atmosphere

General discussion about Celestia that doesn't fit into other forums.
Topic author
doctrellor
With us: 20 years 6 months

Trying to see the sky & sun thru the atmosphere

Post #1by doctrellor » 21.08.2006, 23:30

having atmosphere checked, it's thin enough to see the planetary orbits and even a close planet, but the anti-azimuth setting seems to block out the sun

I wanted to see what sun would look like thru the atmosphere and take a screenie..:)

I used cntr-G & cntr-F for the Planetarium setting to be on the surface looking up..

any ideas on what I can do?

selden
Developer
With us: 22 years

Post #2by selden » 22.08.2006, 11:28

Which version of Celestia are you running?
CVS? 1.4.1 final? some other?

I don't know what you mean by "block out the sun". It's visible when I look around on the surface.

You can type the two letters "hc" to center the sun. You can turn on Celestial Coordinates to keep track of your orientation.

Exactly what is your final longitude and latitude at what time (UTC)? Open the Navigation / Goto Object menu after you arrive. It'll show your current coordinates.
Selden

Topic author
doctrellor
With us: 20 years 6 months

Post #3by doctrellor » 22.08.2006, 20:14

I'm using 1.4.1

The planet I had, I made a thin atmosphere, just like Mars. so it's a ruddy brown color, and the sky is fine in the daytime sky, so I figure I'd see a big reddish brown dwarf hanging in the middle of it, but when I took atmosphere off, the sky became black (like nighttime) and I could see the sun again

but when I reckecked atmospheres on, the sky became daylike brown, and the sun went away.. poof

as for the info, thx Selden..:)

selden
Developer
With us: 22 years

Post #4by selden » 22.08.2006, 20:57

In that case, you'll have to provide your SSC definition so it can be tested to determine if it's a bug or not.
Selden

Return to “Celestia Users”