1.3.2, cyrilic alphabet and binary stars :)

General discussion about Celestia that doesn't fit into other forums.
Topic author
Tomasz M. Bladyniec
With us: 20 years 8 months

1.3.2, cyrilic alphabet and binary stars :)

Post #1by Tomasz M. Bladyniec » 07.02.2004, 18:13

I have 3 different things to say, but I'll write it in one post.

1) I downloaded and installed the Celestia 1.3.2 version, but I can't turn on spacecrafts' orbits - when I turn them on, Celestia crashes. Do you have similar problem? (I've got AthlonXP, 256DDR RAM and GeForce2MX400). It's not very important thing for me, I can just wait for new version of Celestia without spaceships' trajectories, but I'd like to notice such problem appeared.

2) I heard new Celestia uses text coding, and "understands" national symbols. I wanted to make cyrilic version of planets' names (I wanted to translate them into Belarusian language, which I know). Anyway I cant do it - sometimes planet has ????? name, and sometimes it disappear completely. How to code text to make cyrilic visible in Celestia? Is it possible anyway?

3) Other stars, when binary or multiple, have no orbits of their movements - why? Is it so cifficult to add to Celestia? Many of them have orbits of extrasolar planets. Maybe same work should be done with, for example A Cen A + A Cen B + Proxima system? Everyone know that they orbiting each other - and they are completely static in Celestia :cry:
I saw an add-on showing binary systems, where smaller stars were orbiting the bigger ones - yes, I know its not a proper model, but, anyway, it's more proper than two static stars!
I hate to see static Alpha Centauri system :roll: and, even more, lonely Sirius (there's no Sirius B in Celestia!!!)

So, there's my proposal new version - let the stars move! Let the A Cen-A and A Cen-B dance! :wink: and others stars too, as I know, Polaris is a multiple star...

granthutchison
Developer
With us: 21 years 10 months

Re: 1.3.2, cyrilic alphabet and binary stars :)

Post #2by granthutchison » 07.02.2004, 21:04

Tomasz M. Bladyniec wrote:1) I downloaded and installed the Celestia 1.3.2 version, but I can't turn on spacecrafts' orbits - when I turn them on, Celestia crashes.
This is a known bug, and it's being fixed.

Tomasz M. Bladyniec wrote:2) I heard new Celestia uses text coding, and "understands" national symbols. I wanted to make cyrilic version of planets' names (I wanted to translate them into Belarusian language, which I know). Anyway I cant do it - sometimes planet has ????? name, and sometimes it disappear completely. How to code text to make cyrilic visible in Celestia?
Celestia currently supports only a subset of Unicode that doesn't include Cyrillic - only accented Latin characters.

Grant

Return to “Celestia Users”