New Asteroids,Trojans,Atens,Centaurs,Kuipers,Tno's,& Com

Post requests, images, descriptions and reports about work in progress here.
JackHiggins
With us: 21 years 9 months

Post #21by JackHiggins » 15.12.2003, 17:49

44 minutes fast...

Chris, you might want to check up on this..!!
- Jack Higgins
Jack's Celestia Add-ons
And visit my Celestia Gallery too!

danielj
With us: 21 years 1 month

Post #22by danielj » 15.12.2003, 21:06

The problem is that Winrar changes all my zip files,and when it did it,I wasn?t able to open the files,although I don?t know why

JackHiggins
With us: 21 years 9 months

Post #23by JackHiggins » 15.12.2003, 21:11

When you install it, you can pick & choose which file types are opened by winrar, and which are opened by whatever other program you had before. If you disable opening of .zip files, this should solve the problem. (Well, hopefully)

There's also an option within the program, I think.
- Jack Higgins

Jack's Celestia Add-ons

And visit my Celestia Gallery too!

maxim
With us: 20 years 10 months

Post #24by maxim » 15.12.2003, 22:09

jestr, nice work :)

I like the red and the grey-blue ones, but I'm not sure about the light gray and the green ones.
Light gray rocks should always be calcite, which to my knowlede, only exists on planets with biologic life forms. And all green rockforms I know of (like olivin for example) need magmatic processes like they happen in crust subduction, or a water circulation with CO? involved. So they shouldn't appear on asteroids.

Ok, don't take too much on what I'm talking :D

greets, maxim

Topic author
jestr
With us: 21 years

changing to dds format textures

Post #25by jestr » 16.12.2003, 16:26

Kolano an easy way to change to dds texture is this-
enter 'Texture' line in ssc to read 'Texture "your new texture.dds"
and remove the original texture from the medres folder.Unfortunately if you remove the original texture then any other asteroids with the same 3ds model will have no texture unless you enter 'Texture' line for them also in the ssc's.I guess a solution to this would be to copy the 3ds file of the asteroid you wish to change the texture of and then rename it (to that particular asteroid)-change the ssc to pick up that model-and then enter the texture line.Hope this helps Jestr

Topic author
jestr
With us: 21 years

Post #26by jestr » 16.12.2003, 16:59

Forget the last bit in the above post,because so long as you still have the original texture in the medres,the model file will still use that one ( no matter what you rename the 3ds file).If you want I can make a copy of the model file which calls a dds texture-but you will have to let me know if you wish to change the texture of one asteroid or all the asteroids with the texture that you wish to change-cheers Jestr

Return to “Add-on development”