Yet another prerelease: 1.3.0pre6

General discussion about Celestia that doesn't fit into other forums.
Topic author
chris
Site Admin
With us: 22 years 8 months

Post #1by chris » 01.04.2003, 19:08

First, the link:
http://www.shatters.net/celestia/files/celestia-win32-1.3.0pre6.exe

Just a few minor fixes in this one. Only download it if these items are important to you, or you don't have a recent 1.3.0 prerelease:

- Added an invisible class for objects in .ssc files
    - Fixed a bug that caused crashes at ringed planets with old hardware (or new hardware when using the *&$# Microsoft OpenGL driver)
    - Got rid of the IgnoreGLExtensions line that was left in the pre5 celestia.cfg
    - Marked objects menu in the KDE version (not in Windows version yet)
    - Fixed broken Windows locations menu (and other menu strangeness)
    - Removed pixel and vertex shaders items from render menu

Objects in an .ssc file may be made invisible by adding this line to the definition:

Class "invisible"

The object will not be rendered or labeled, and will not be pickable. I added this feature so Grant wouldn't be forced to use an empty 3ds just to render nothing. But I'm sure that the scheming minds of this forum will come up with other crafty uses for invisible objects . . .

--Chris

selden
Developer
With us: 22 years

Post #2by selden » 01.04.2003, 20:37

sigh.

One Windows menu bug stomped, another reappears: image capture, movie capture and exit entries have returned to the File menu, but the left border image is missing again from all of the menus.

Perhaps as a side-effect, as soon as I saved a Location entry, the Location menu (when open) expanded to occupy the full width of the screen. Exiting and restarting Celestia made the menu width return to normal. I've seen this same bug in the past on this system (with a Rage card then), but it went away when the menu left border images were repaired.

This is on a 256MB, 2GHz P4, NT4 SP6a;
ATI Radeon 7000, OpenGL v1.3.3064
Selden

Auscreely

Shaders problem

Post #3by Auscreely » 02.04.2003, 02:49

This was grate "once I got it working :? "
When I installed it and ran celestia the nightside of jupiter is gray, earth was a wight ball with black clouds, and all of the other planits dident hav a texture. I checed the scc file first but everything was ok, then i checed the textures and thay were fine to, so then i coppied the shaders folder from celestia 1.2.5, and that fixed the proble!
Is this only my problem or is everybody havving it to?

By the way grate program, I love it now that it works :lol:

Calculus
With us: 21 years 11 months

Post #4by Calculus » 02.04.2003, 11:33

chris wrote:
Class "invisible"

The object will not be rendered or labeled, and will not be pickable. I added this feature so Grant wouldn't be forced to use an empty 3ds just to render nothing. But I'm sure that the scheming minds of this forum will come up with other crafty uses for invisible objects . . .

--Chris

I think it would be great to be able to select or mark some of those objects. I give you an example: If we want to see and model immaterial celestial objects like the Lagrange points. Or even barycenter.
What do you think ?
---Paul
My Gallery of Celestial Phenomena:
http://www.celestiaproject.net/gallery/view_al ... e=Calculus

Aya Reiko
With us: 22 years 6 months

Post #5by Aya Reiko » 05.04.2003, 07:48

Is there a way I can download only the files that have been updated? I'm tired of constantly rechecking my texture directory and ssc files with each prerelease.

granthutchison
Developer
With us: 21 years 10 months

Re: Yet another prerelease: 1.3.0pre6

Post #6by granthutchison » 05.04.2003, 19:17

Calculus wrote:I think it would be great to be able to select or mark some of those objects.
I agree. If you can't select a barycentre, you can't really appreciate the mutual orbits of the bodies around it. (Select Pluto in my barycentric Pluto-Charon model, for instance, and it just looks exactly the same as the original Celestia Pluto-in-the-middle configuration!)

Grant

Topic author
chris
Site Admin
With us: 22 years 8 months

Post #7by chris » 06.04.2003, 18:53

You can select an invisible object by entering its name and then turn on markers to show its location.

--Chris

Post #8by Guest » 07.04.2003, 03:39

Is there a way to install celestia without having it register with windows, sort of like orbiter space flight sim? I had some problems with multiple folders of different versions existing at once.

John Van Vliet
With us: 22 years

re

Post #9by John Van Vliet » 07.04.2003, 20:27

what windows are you using . I am having no problems on XP.

I just make a copy of the Celestia folder then past it in the same directory ,then change the name of the new folder to

TestCelestia
from
Copy Of Celestia

Then put shortcuts to them both on my desktop

Return to “Celestia Users”