Any of you had strange dreams of Celestia?

General discussion about Celestia that doesn't fit into other forums.

Any of you had strange dreams of Celestia?

Post #1by Guest » 03.03.2003, 06:46

Has any of you had some strange dreams of Celestia since you discovered it on Shatters.net? One of mine was
I had Celestia 2.0.0 and the best computer of a lifetime.
I was playing around in Celestia when I noticed something: the textures were all 16777216x8388608 pixels in size! And here I thought the maximum size limit was 16384x8192 pixels :? . I could even explore beyond the edges of the universe 8O ! Then I smacked my head trying to wake up then a URL appeared in front of me. I don't remember what it was this night but I knew it began with "http://" so I knew it had to be a web site.

the bluemarble guy
With us: 21 years 7 months

Post #2by the bluemarble guy » 04.03.2003, 08:00

i had a sleeping dream wherecelestia rendered star movement and star lifetimes.

Rassilon
With us: 22 years 8 months

Post #3by Rassilon » 04.03.2003, 12:47

Ive had dreams of exploration all my life and Celestia has made those dreams come true...Does that count?
I'm trying to teach the cavemen how to play scrabble, its uphill work. The only word they know is Uhh and they dont know how to spell it!

Mad Boris
With us: 22 years 5 months

Post #4by Mad Boris » 06.03.2003, 18:46

I have weird dreams but they're not about Celestia...they're about crocodiles and pyramids and giants who eat policemen...but we won't go into that.

Anonymous wrote :
I was playing around in Celestia when I noticed something: the textures were all 16777216x8388608 pixels in size!

How did you spot the size of the textures in Celestia ? And how did you remeber the numbers ??

- and then he/she wrote :
I could even explore beyond the edges of the universe !

Cool ! But it simply begs the question : what did it look like ? :D

Post #5by Guest » 09.03.2003, 23:08

Mad Boris wrote:Anonymous wrote :
I was playing around in Celestia when I noticed something: the textures were all 16777216x8388608 pixels in size!
How did you spot the size of the textures in Celestia ? And how did you remember the numbers ??
I just happened to have a good memory.
Mad Boris wrote:- and then he/she wrote :
I could even explore beyond the edges of the universe 8O !
Cool ! But it simply begs the question : what did it look like ? :D

One of the other universes had stars and planets, but the planets were giant books! Our own universe was filled with a ton of galaxy clusters, full of galaxies and stars that did not belong to galaxies!

mark03

Dreams of Celestia

Post #6by mark03 » 12.03.2003, 02:52

I am still the same character as I was before (mark02, just brought the name up to date). Anyway, at least a year ago, before I knew how to create custom solar systems, I had a dream in which I was creating a solar system around a red giant star (I'm not quite positive which one). Little did I know that my astronomical dreams were soon to become glorious reality!

mark03

Dreams of Celestia

Post #7by mark03 » 12.03.2003, 02:53

I am still the same character as I was before (mark02, just brought the name up to date). Anyway, at least a year ago, before I knew how to create custom solar systems, I had a dream in which I was creating a solar system around a red giant star (I'm not quite positive which one). Little did I know that my astronomical dreams were soon to become glorious reality! :D

Return to “Celestia Users”