IM NEW AROUND HERE

General discussion about Celestia that doesn't fit into other forums.
Topic author
63RD_Ian
With us: 21 years 7 months

IM NEW AROUND HERE

Post #1by 63RD_Ian » 23.02.2003, 19:55

Hello all,
Ive been looking in on this site for a few weeks now and finaly decided to sign up. This little programe is a Gem! and some of you guys out there are making it even better with some incredible add ons.

i was wondering if there are any plans to create some of the gas nebula ive downloaded a couple of loverly examples but was hopeing for some info on anyother of the objects out there

ie M42 M57 and the likes.

63rd_Ian

t00fri
Developer
With us: 22 years 6 months

IM NEW AROUND HERE

Post #2by t00fri » 23.02.2003, 20:11

63RD_Ian wrote:Hello all,
Ive been looking in on this site for a few weeks now and finaly decided to sign up. This little programe is a Gem! and some of you guys out there are making it even better with some incredible add ons.

i was wondering if there are any plans to create some of the gas nebula ive downloaded a couple of loverly examples but was hopeing for some info on anyother of the objects out there

ie M42 M57 and the likes.

63rd_Ian

I am convinced, our nebula "designers" are working already on the layout of the great Orion nebula and the Ring nebula in Lyra. Sure, the Orion nebula will be quite a challenge to craft;-), while the ring nebula is just a little ring, "trivial" so to speak....;-)

I always wondered, how the great Orion nebula looks like, if viewed from the side.

Bye Fridger

Buzz
With us: 22 years 8 months

Post #3by Buzz » 23.02.2003, 21:01

Here http://vis.sdsc.edu/research/orion.html you will find an impressive animation of the orion nebula; some of the 3D structure is known.

Post #4by Guest » 23.02.2003, 21:23

WOW!

Thanks for the prompt replies I look forward to some of the next generation of add-ons that will be developed.
Thats a fine little movie Buzz thanks for the link its in my favs now :)

63rd_Ian

Return to “Celestia Users”