pasting images

General discussion about Celestia that doesn't fit into other forums.

pasting images

Post #1by Guest » 28.03.2002, 05:34

can someone please tell me how to past an image into a forum message

Incognito
With us: 22 years 5 months

Post #2by Incognito » 28.03.2002, 07:06

You need to store the image somewhere like on you personal web site and the link to it by using the BBCode tags. When you create a message down near the bottom it says options. you can click on BBCode and it will explain all the BBCode tags to do stuff like that

Post #3by guest » 29.03.2002, 12:16

i notice that most users place links to images on their own web site but some users seem to have posted images directly into the forum message itself. does this method also require that you have your own web space. because i don't have any web space to use i was looking for another way.

Post #4by guest » 29.03.2002, 12:17

i notice that most users place links to images on their own web site but some users seem to have posted images directly into the forum message itself. does this method also require that you have your own web space. because i don't have any web space to use i was looking for another way.

Incognito
With us: 22 years 5 months

Post #5by Incognito » 29.03.2002, 18:37

Nope there is no way to post images on this board or most any board for that matter, without storing them somewhere on your own personal webspace. If your isp doesn't provide you with space then you can sign up for free ones like geocities

Michael Kilderry
With us: 19 years 11 months

Post #6by Michael Kilderry » 12.10.2004, 03:27

I have found a way around this problem if you don't have your own webspace and you are trying to post images of your Celestia addon...

When you upload your addon to the Celestia Motherlode, put one or a few screenshots with it. I prefer to place these in the zip file with my addon. If you are doing this remenber to put in your addon announcement in the forum that the screenshot(s) are in the zip files so the Celestia volunteers will know, so then they can put your work down on the Celestia Motherlode site for download with your image(s)!

They may look small, but these are only thumbnails, just click on them to view the full sized image, and copy down the web address of your image(s) so you can put them on the forum. The only problem is that it can take awhile for your screenshots to actually get on the Celestia Motherlode.

Michael Kilderry :)

Return to “Celestia Users”