Latest CVS - Some Questions

The place to discuss creating, porting and modifying Celestia's source code.
Topic author
DT
With us: 16 years 9 months

Latest CVS - Some Questions

Post #1by DT » 27.08.2007, 15:47

I have managed to compile the latest CVS release under VS2005 and I have some questions:

1. Glutmain.cpp - is it important? (Note: I excluded it from the build)
2. Spice.lib - is there a .dll for this?
3. Joystick control - Which file has the F8 toggle in it? (Note: Its not with the rest of the key mappings)
4. 3dsmesh.cpp - This file has coding errors, is it important?
5. Lua Edu Utils - This has no effect when integrated into the extras folder and config file, am I missing some code?
6. solarsysxml.cpp - This file has coding errors, so I excluded it, is it important?
7. oggtheoracapture.cpp - Has coding errors, so it was excluded, is it important?
8. celx.cpp (celestia project) - Again, coding errors, is this important?

Some additional questions:

1. Is there any way of adding explosion effects, for example, a supernova?
2. I know that objects can be scripted, however, can I use an external app to control the movement of objects?
3. Is there any method to enable/disable rendering of specific objects, rather than entire groups?
4. How do you obtain the absolute co-ordinates of an object (i.e. planets, asteroids, satellites)?
A whack in the face with a fish can solve a whole manner of problems.

selden
Developer
With us: 21 years 9 months

Post #2by selden » 27.08.2007, 16:53

1. Glutmain is irrelevant for Windows.

2. Updated dlls and makefiles for building with VS2005 Express are available in
http://www.celestiaproject.net/~claurel/celestia/winbuild/
This includes cspice.lib

However, it does not include updated searchlist definitions for path, library or include. I'll include below what I'm using.

3. I dunno where the F8 key command is defined.

4. There are no fatal errors when building under 32bit Windows XP using the updated script makerelease.bat. Are you using that script?
I think you're the first person to report trying to build under Vista. Are you running 32bit Vista or 64bit Vista?

I get warnings under XP in
texturefont.cpp
cmdparser.cpp
dsodb.cpp
octree.h
marker.cpp
nebula.cpp
overlay.cpp
stardb.cpp
jmorecfg.h (windef.h)
winmain.cpp
vertexlist.cpp

I get no warnings or errors compiling 3dsmesh or 3dsmodel.

Here is the script that I use for updating the path, include and library search lists. Note that you need th current Server 2003 Platform SDK, too.

Code: Select all

Set INCLUDE=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003 R2\include;%INCLUDE%
Set INCLUDE=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003 R2\include\mfc;%INCLUDE%
Set INCLUDE=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\include;%INCLUDE%
Set INCLUDE=C:\ScsiDisk\PrgData\cvs\Celestia\celestia\inc;%INCLUDE%

Set PATH=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003 R2\Bin;%PATH%
Set PATH=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE;%PATH%
Set PATH=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\bin;%PATH%

Set LIB=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003 R2\Lib;%LIB%
Set LIB=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\lib;%LIB%
Set LIB=C:\ScsiDisk\PrgData\cvs\Celestia\celestia\lib;%LIB%

5. Vincent will have to help debug your Lua Edu problems. Did you remember to modify celestia.cfg ?
Do CelX scripts work for you? If so, Lua is built into Celestia properly. If not, then you need to rebuild with Lua support.

6. the XML support is irrelevant.

7. oggtheoracapture.cpp is irrelevant for Windows.

8. celx.cpp genereates no errors for me.

----
1. Not yet.
2. Scripted orbit functions can do I/O to files.
An external app can write a file.
Some commands can be sent to the running copy of Celestia by specifying --once on the command line.
3. Not yet. But there are workarounds using Scripted Orbit functions.
4. Read the Celx/Lua documentation on Harald's web site.
Selden

Topic author
DT

Post #3by DT » 27.08.2007, 17:38

1. Glutmain is irrelevant for Windows.

Sweet.

2. Updated dlls and makefiles for building with VS2005 Express are available in
http://www.celestiaproject.net/~claurel/celestia/winbuild/
This includes cspice.lib

However, it does not include updated searchlist definitions for path, library or include. I'll include below what I'm using.

Thanks, I've downloaded them and will update everything.

3. I dunno where the F8 key command is defined.

I'll try to find it.

4. There are no fatal errors when building under 32bit Windows XP using the updated script makerelease.bat. Are you using that script?
I think you're the first person to report trying to build under Vista. Are you running 32bit Vista or 64bit Vista?

No, I don't use the script. This is a pure VS2005 build from within the IDE. I provided instructions on how to setup the environment and what files to exclude in another thread. I'm using 32bit Vista, I could compile a 64bit version, but I would need the source to the libs. Using the current libs I have (winlibs-new.zip), I get 135 warnings during the build:

Warning   1   warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'GLfloat', possible loss of data   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celtxf\texturefont.cpp   65
Warning   2   warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'GLfloat', possible loss of data   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celtxf\texturefont.cpp   67
Warning   3   warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'GLfloat', possible loss of data   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celtxf\texturefont.cpp   67
Warning   4   warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'GLfloat', possible loss of data   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celtxf\texturefont.cpp   69
Warning   5   warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'unsigned int' to 'float', possible loss of data   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celtxf\texturefont.cpp   353
Warning   6   warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'unsigned int' to 'float', possible loss of data   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celtxf\texturefont.cpp   354
Warning   7   warning C4996: 'strncpy': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using strncpy_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celutil\utf8.cpp   886
Warning   8   warning C4996: '_snprintf': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using _snprintf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celutil\formatnum.cpp   73
Warning   9   warning C4996: '_snprintf': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using _snprintf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celutil\formatnum.cpp   80
Warning   10   warning C4996: '_snprintf': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using _snprintf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celutil\formatnum.cpp   85
Warning   11   warning C4996: '_snprintf': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using _snprintf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celutil\formatnum.cpp   88
Warning   12   warning C4996: 'sscanf': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using sscanf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celutil\color.cpp   88
Warning   13   warning C4996: 'sscanf': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using sscanf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\stardb.cpp   99
Warning   14   warning C4996: 'sscanf': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using sscanf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\stardb.cpp   136
Warning   15   warning C4996: 'sscanf': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using sscanf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\stardb.cpp   155
Warning   16   warning C4996: 'strncpy': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using strncpy_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\stardb.cpp   390
Warning   17   warning C4996: 'std::copy': Function call with parameters that may be unsafe - this call relies on the caller to check that the passed values are correct. To disable this warning, use -D_SCL_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See documentation on how to use Visual C++ 'Checked Iterators'   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\stardb.cpp   612
Warning   18   warning C4996: 'std::copy': Function call with parameters that may be unsafe - this call relies on the caller to check that the passed values are correct. To disable this warning, use -D_SCL_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See documentation on how to use Visual C++ 'Checked Iterators'   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\stardb.cpp   746
Warning   19   warning C4996: 'std::copy': Function call with parameters that may be unsafe - this call relies on the caller to check that the passed values are correct. To disable this warning, use -D_SCL_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See documentation on how to use Visual C++ 'Checked Iterators'   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\stardb.cpp   1182
Warning   20   warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\starbrowser.cpp   30
Warning   21   warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\starbrowser.cpp   30
Warning   22   warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\starbrowser.cpp   30
Warning   23   warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\starbrowser.cpp   31
Warning   24   warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\starbrowser.cpp   31
Warning   25   warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\starbrowser.cpp   31
Warning   26   warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\starbrowser.cpp   46
Warning   27   warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\starbrowser.cpp   46
Warning   28   warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\starbrowser.cpp   46
Warning   29   warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\starbrowser.cpp   47
Warning   30   warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\starbrowser.cpp   47
Warning   31   warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\starbrowser.cpp   47
Warning   32   warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\starbrowser.cpp   84
Warning   33   warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\starbrowser.cpp   84
Warning   34   warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\starbrowser.cpp   84
Warning   35   warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\starbrowser.cpp   85
Warning   36   warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\starbrowser.cpp   85
Warning   37   warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\starbrowser.cpp   85
Warning   38   warning C4996: 'sprintf': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using sprintf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\star.cpp   444
Warning   39   warning C4996: 'sprintf': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using sprintf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\star.cpp   648
Warning   40   warning C4996: 'strncpy': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using strncpy_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\star.cpp   774
Warning   41   warning C4996: 'sscanf': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using sscanf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\spiceorbit.cpp   288
Warning   42   warning C4996: 'sprintf': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using sprintf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celscript\value.cpp   191
Warning   43   warning C4267: 'initializing' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celscript\parser.cpp   686
Warning   44   warning C4996: 'sprintf': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using sprintf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\shadermanager.cpp   224
Warning   45   warning C4996: 'sprintf': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using sprintf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\shadermanager.cpp   236
Warning   46   warning C4996: 'sprintf': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using sprintf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\shadermanager.cpp   254
Warning   47   warning C4996: 'sprintf': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using sprintf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\shadermanager.cpp   263
Warning   48   warning C4996: 'sprintf': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using sprintf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\shadermanager.cpp   272
Warning   49   warning C4996: 'sprintf': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using sprintf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\shadermanager.cpp   332
Warning   50   warning C4996: 'sprintf': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using sprintf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\shadermanager.cpp   357
Warning   51   warning C4996: 'sprintf': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using sprintf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\shadermanager.cpp   367
Warning   52   warning C4996: 'sprintf': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using sprintf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\shadermanager.cpp   377
Warning   53   warning C4996: 'sprintf': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using sprintf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\shadermanager.cpp   386
Warning   54   warning C4996: 'sprintf': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using sprintf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\shadermanager.cpp   396
Warning   55   warning C4996: 'sprintf': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using sprintf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\shadermanager.cpp   405
Warning   56   warning C4996: 'sprintf': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using sprintf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\shadermanager.cpp   414
Warning   57   warning C4996: 'sprintf': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using sprintf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\scriptobject.cpp   50
Warning   58   warning C4996: 'sscanf': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using sscanf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\render.cpp   762
Warning   59   warning C4996: 'strncpy': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using strncpy_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\render.cpp   1051
Warning   60   warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'GLfloat', possible loss of data   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\overlay.cpp   115
Warning   61   warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'GLfloat', possible loss of data   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\overlay.cpp   145
Warning   62   warning C4996: 'vsprintf': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using vsprintf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\overlay.cpp   182
Warning   63   warning C4996: '_snprintf': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using _snprintf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\opencluster.cpp   44
Warning   64   warning C4996: '_snprintf': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using _snprintf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\nebula.cpp   47
Warning   65   warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\nebula.cpp   111
Warning   66   warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\marker.cpp   214
Warning   67   warning C4996: 'fopen': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using fopen_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\image.cpp   451
Warning   68   warning C4996: 'fopen': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using fopen_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\image.cpp   651
Warning   69   warning C4996: '_snprintf': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using _snprintf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\galaxy.cpp   190
Warning   70   warning C4996: 'std::copy': Function call with parameters that may be unsafe - this call relies on the caller to check that the passed values are correct. To disable this warning, use -D_SCL_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See documentation on how to use Visual C++ 'Checked Iterators'   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\dsodb.cpp   313
Warning   71   warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'const float', possible loss of data   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\octree.h   184
Warning   72   warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'const float', possible loss of data   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\octree.h   184
Warning   73   warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'const float', possible loss of data   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\octree.h   277
Warning   74   warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'const float', possible loss of data   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\octree.h   234
Warning   75   warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'const float', possible loss of data   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\octree.h   252
Warning   76   warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'const float', possible loss of data   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\octree.h   253
Warning   77   warning C4996: 'sscanf': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using sscanf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\cmdparser.cpp   412
Warning   78   warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'float', possible loss of data   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\cmdparser.cpp   582
Warning   79   warning C4996: 'sscanf': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using sscanf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\astro.cpp   458
Warning   80   warning C4996: 'sprintf': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using sprintf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\virtualtex.cpp   224
Warning   81   warning C4996: 'sprintf': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using sprintf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\virtualtex.cpp   279
Warning   82   warning C4996: 'sscanf': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using sscanf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\virtualtex.cpp   293
Warning   83   warning C4996: 'std::copy': Function call with parameters that may be unsafe - this call relies on the caller to check that the passed values are correct. To disable this warning, use -D_SCL_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See documentation on how to use Visual C++ 'Checked Iterators'   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\vertexlist.cpp   132
Warning   84   warning C4005: 'FAR' : macro redefinition   d:\software\celestia\winlibs\inc\libjpeg\jmorecfg.h   215
Warning   85   warning C4996: 'strcpy': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using strcpy_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\stellarclass.cpp   77
Warning   86   warning C4996: 'strcpy': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using strcpy_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\stellarclass.cpp   81
Warning   87   warning C4996: 'strcpy': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using strcpy_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\stellarclass.cpp   85
Warning   88   warning C4996: 'strcpy': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using strcpy_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\stellarclass.cpp   125
Warning   89   warning C4996: 'sprintf': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using sprintf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celengine\stellarclass.cpp   134
Warning   90   warning C4996: 'strcpy': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using strcpy_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\wintime.cpp   134
Warning   91   warning C4996: 'strncpy': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using strncpy_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\winstarbrowser.cpp   371
Warning   92   warning C4996: 'strcpy': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using strcpy_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\winmain.cpp   452
Warning   93   warning C4996: 'strcpy': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using strcpy_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\winmain.cpp   1039
Warning   94   warning C4996: 'strcpy': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using strcpy_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\winmain.cpp   1049
Warning   95   warning C4996: 'strcat': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using strcat_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\winmain.cpp   2572
Warning   96   warning C4996: 'strcat': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using strcat_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\winmain.cpp   2573
Warning   97   warning C4996: 'strcat': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using strcat_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\winmain.cpp   2581
Warning   98   warning C4996: 'strcat': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using strcat_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\winmain.cpp   2691
Warning   99   warning C4996: 'strcat': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using strcat_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\winmain.cpp   2692
Warning   100   warning C4996: 'strcat': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using strcat_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\winmain.cpp   2700
Warning   101   warning C4996: 'strncpy': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using strncpy_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\winmain.cpp   2940
Warning   102   warning C4996: 'std::copy': Function call with parameters that may be unsafe - this call relies on the caller to check that the passed values are correct. To disable this warning, use -D_SCL_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See documentation on how to use Visual C++ 'Checked Iterators'   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\winmain.cpp   2946
Warning   103   warning C4996: 'sscanf': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using sscanf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\winmain.cpp   3231
Warning   104   warning C4996: 'gmtime': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using gmtime_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\winmain.cpp   3375
Warning   105   warning C4996: 'sscanf': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using sscanf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\wingotodlg.cpp   26
Warning   106   warning C4018: '<' : signed/unsigned mismatch   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\wineclipses.cpp   90
Warning   107   warning C4996: 'strncpy': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using strncpy_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\wineclipses.cpp   117
Warning   108   warning C4996: 'strncpy': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using strncpy_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\wineclipses.cpp   131
Warning   109   warning C4996: 'sscanf': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using sscanf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\wglext.cpp   155
Warning   110   warning C4996: 'sscanf': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using sscanf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\url.cpp   94
Warning   111   warning C4996: 'sscanf': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using sscanf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\url.cpp   151
Warning   112   warning C4996: 'sscanf': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using sscanf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\url.cpp   158
Warning   113   warning C4996: 'sscanf': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using sscanf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\url.cpp   159
Warning   114   warning C4996: 'sscanf': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using sscanf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\url.cpp   160
Warning   115   warning C4996: 'sscanf': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using sscanf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\url.cpp   161
Warning   116   warning C4996: 'sscanf': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using sscanf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\url.cpp   168
Warning   117   warning C4996: 'sscanf': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using sscanf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\url.cpp   171
Warning   118   warning C4996: 'sscanf': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using sscanf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\url.cpp   174
Warning   119   warning C4996: 'sscanf': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using sscanf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\url.cpp   188
Warning   120   warning C4996: 'sscanf': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using sscanf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\url.cpp   191
Warning   121   warning C4996: 'sscanf': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using sscanf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\url.cpp   199
Warning   122   warning C4996: 'sscanf': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using sscanf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\url.cpp   202
Warning   123   warning C4996: '_snprintf': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using _snprintf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\url.cpp   237
Warning   124   warning C4996: 'sscanf': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using sscanf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\url.cpp   511
Warning   125   warning C4005: 'FAR' : macro redefinition   d:\software\celestia\winlibs\inc\libjpeg\jmorecfg.h   215
Warning   126   warning C4996: 'fopen': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using fopen_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\imagecapture.cpp   65
Warning   127   warning C4996: 'fopen': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using fopen_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\imagecapture.cpp   133
Warning   128   warning C4996: 'gmtime': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using gmtime_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\celestiacore.cpp   1626
Warning   129   warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'int' to 'float', possible loss of data   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\celestiacore.cpp   3111
Warning   130   warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'int' to 'float', possible loss of data   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\celestiacore.cpp   3112
Warning   131   warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'int' to 'float', possible loss of data   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\celestiacore.cpp   3115
Warning   132   warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'int' to 'float', possible loss of data   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\celestiacore.cpp   3116
Warning   133   warning C4996: 'localtime': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using localtime_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\celestiacore.cpp   3251
Warning   134   warning C4996: 'tzname': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using _get_tzname instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\celestiacore.cpp   3262
Warning   135   warning C4018: '<' : signed/unsigned mismatch   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\wintourguide.cpp   122

5. Vincent will have to help debug your Lua Edu problems. Did you remember to modify celestia.cfg ?
Do CelX scripts work for you? If so, Lua is built into Celestia properly. If not, then you need to rebuild with Lua support.

Excellent. I did modify the celestia.cfg, but I couldn't see the corresponding hooks in the latest CVS code. I just checked the CelX scripts (I used the scripts folder) and I get an error saying 'File type not recognised'.

6. the XML support is irrelevant.

One less thing to worry about :)

7. oggtheoracapture.cpp is irrelevant for Windows.

Excellent.

8. celx.cpp genereates no errors for me.

It generates the following errors:

Error   90   error C2248: 'CelestiaCore::views' : cannot access private member declared in class 'CelestiaCore'   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\celx.cpp   1202
Error   91   error C2248: 'CelestiaCore::views' : cannot access private member declared in class 'CelestiaCore'   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\celx.cpp   1204
Error   92   error C2248: 'CelestiaCore::views' : cannot access private member declared in class 'CelestiaCore'   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\celx.cpp   1206
Error   93   error C2248: 'CelestiaCore::views' : cannot access private member declared in class 'CelestiaCore'   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\celx.cpp   1215
Error   94   error C2248: 'CelestiaCore::views' : cannot access private member declared in class 'CelestiaCore'   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\celx.cpp   1217
Error   95   error C2039: 'configParams' : is not a member of 'CelestiaConfig'   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\celx.cpp   5899
Error   96   error C2227: left of '->getString' must point to class/struct/union/generic type   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\celx.cpp   5899
Error   97   error C2248: 'CelestiaCore::font' : cannot access private member declared in class 'CelestiaCore'   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\celx.cpp   5933
Error   98   error C2248: 'CelestiaCore::titleFont' : cannot access private member declared in class 'CelestiaCore'   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\celx.cpp   5949

----
1. Not yet.

Pity. This would be an excellent feature. A nice HDR effect would be sweet.

Some commands can be sent to the running copy of Celestia by specifying --once on the command line.

Basically, I want to know if I can used a separate application to control the path an object takes and make course and speed corrections in real-time. Also, how would I sent these commands?

I can add some fine grain controls if need be.

4. Read the Celx/Lua documentation on Harald's web site.

I'll do that.

selden
Developer
With us: 21 years 9 months

Post #4by selden » 27.08.2007, 18:30

DT wrote:

Excellent. I did modify the celestia.cfg, but I couldn't see the corresponding hooks in the latest CVS code. I just checked the CelX scripts (I used the scripts folder) and I get an error saying 'File type not recognised'.

I've never used the IDE, so I don't know what to suggest to ensure Lua support gets included. Looking at the makefiles may help.

----

1. Not yet.

Pity. This would be an excellent feature. A nice HDR effect would be sweet.

Maybe someday...
My understanding is that the current star database would have to be modified to take into account luminosity changes. They'd currently would require changing where a star is stored in the octree, which would be quite difficult.

Basically, I want to know if I can used a separate application to control the path an object takes and make course and speed corrections in real-time. Also, how would I sent these commands?

Code to support realtime control of Celestia by an external program is not in the distributed version of Celestia. My understanding is that there have been at least two unpublished modifications to Celestia which enable tcp/ip control. A search of the Forum should locate those discussions.

A brief description of how to send commands to Celestia on its command line is in the Celestia WikiBook at http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Celestia/Scripting

I can add some fine grain controls if need be.

I know Chris is planning to add finer grained support in a future version of Celestia, but that may not happen for a while. See the Sticky titled Celestia Development Roadmap.
Selden

Topic author
DT

Post #5by DT » 28.08.2007, 04:34

I've never used the IDE, so I don't know what to suggest to ensure Lua support gets included. Looking at the makefiles may help.

I'll be able to debug this using the IDE. I'll just set a couple of breakpoints and find out what's going wrong. I think it may be to do with Celx.cpp not being present, but I don't know for sure yet.

Maybe someday...
My understanding is that the current star database would have to be modified to take into account luminosity changes. They'd currently would require changing where a star is stored in the octree, which would be quite difficult.

I can see your point. How about a different approach. I just want to add an explosion effect to the rendering pipeline. See this link for an idea:

http://http.download.nvidia.com/developer/SDK/Individual_Samples/samples.html#cg_explosion

Basically, I would like to be able to render an explosion at any co-ordinates on demand. I can create a toggle that will render, or not render, the explosion.

Code to support realtime control of Celestia by an external program is not in the distributed version of Celestia. My understanding is that there have been at least two unpublished modifications to Celestia which enable tcp/ip control. A search of the Forum should locate those discussions.

A brief description of how to send commands to Celestia on its command line is in the Celestia WikiBook at http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Celestia/Scripting

I check around the forum for the tcp/ip mods, thanks for that.

I know Chris is planning to add finer grained support in a future version of Celestia, but that may not happen for a while. See the Sticky titled Celestia Development Roadmap.

I think it is important. The universe changes with time and the ability to stop a single rendering an object at run-time is must for realism. For example, take the Mir space station, it would be nice to watch that burn up.

Vincent
Developer
With us: 19 years 5 months

Post #6by Vincent » 28.08.2007, 08:39

selden wrote:
DT wrote:5. Vincent will have to help debug your Lua Edu problems. Did you remember to modify celestia.cfg ?

Hi,
Have you correctly placed the 'luahookinit.lua' file in your Celestia base folder ?

1- Unzip and paste the lua_edu_tools' folder in the 'extras' folder.
2- Paste the 'luahookinit.lua' file directly in your Celestia base folder.
3- Add the following line to your celestia.cfg file :

Configuration
{
LuaHook "luahookinit.lua" # <-- Line to add
@+
Vincent

Celestia Qt4 SVN / Celestia 1.6.1 + Lua Edu Tools v1.2
GeForce 8600 GT 1024MB / AMD Athlon 64 Dual Core / 4Go DDR2 / XP SP3

Topic author
DT

Post #7by DT » 28.08.2007, 09:36

Have you correctly placed the 'luahookinit.lua' file in your Celestia base folder ?

Yes I have Vincent. I made sure to double checked everything before I posted. I spent 2 days reading the forums before I joined.

The issue appears to with Celx.h/Celx.cpp in the Project Celestia. I dropped them from the build and I got it compile.

Selden give me a link for the latest libs and I added them to the project. Using the latest Lua libs, I get 16 errors when compiling the project with the celx files included:

Error   90   error C3861: 'luaL_newstate': identifier not found   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\celx.cpp   437
Error   91   error C3861: 'lua_iolibopen': identifier not found   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\celx.cpp   662
Error   92   error C3861: 'lua_iolibopen': identifier not found   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\celx.cpp   1096
Error   93   error C2248: 'CelestiaCore::views' : cannot access private member declared in class 'CelestiaCore'   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\celx.cpp   1202
Error   94   error C2248: 'CelestiaCore::views' : cannot access private member declared in class 'CelestiaCore'   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\celx.cpp   1204
Error   95   error C2248: 'CelestiaCore::views' : cannot access private member declared in class 'CelestiaCore'   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\celx.cpp   1206
Error   96   error C2248: 'CelestiaCore::views' : cannot access private member declared in class 'CelestiaCore'   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\celx.cpp   1215
Error   97   error C2248: 'CelestiaCore::views' : cannot access private member declared in class 'CelestiaCore'   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\celx.cpp   1217
Error   98   error C3861: 'lua_baselibopen': identifier not found   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\celx.cpp   5257
Error   99   error C3861: 'lua_mathlibopen': identifier not found   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\celx.cpp   5258
Error   100   error C3861: 'lua_tablibopen': identifier not found   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\celx.cpp   5259
Error   101   error C3861: 'lua_strlibopen': identifier not found   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\celx.cpp   5260
Error   102   error C2039: 'configParams' : is not a member of 'CelestiaConfig'   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\celx.cpp   5899
Error   103   error C2227: left of '->getString' must point to class/struct/union/generic type   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\celx.cpp   5899
Error   104   error C2248: 'CelestiaCore::font' : cannot access private member declared in class 'CelestiaCore'   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\celx.cpp   5933
Error   105   error C2248: 'CelestiaCore::titleFont' : cannot access private member declared in class 'CelestiaCore'   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\celx.cpp   5949

If I revert to the older Lua headers (all dated 2004), I get on 9 errors when I compile with the celx files included:

Error   90   error C2248: 'CelestiaCore::views' : cannot access private member declared in class 'CelestiaCore'   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\celx.cpp   1202
Error   91   error C2248: 'CelestiaCore::views' : cannot access private member declared in class 'CelestiaCore'   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\celx.cpp   1204
Error   92   error C2248: 'CelestiaCore::views' : cannot access private member declared in class 'CelestiaCore'   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\celx.cpp   1206
Error   93   error C2248: 'CelestiaCore::views' : cannot access private member declared in class 'CelestiaCore'   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\celx.cpp   1215
Error   94   error C2248: 'CelestiaCore::views' : cannot access private member declared in class 'CelestiaCore'   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\celx.cpp   1217
Error   95   error C2039: 'configParams' : is not a member of 'CelestiaConfig'   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\celx.cpp   5899
Error   96   error C2227: left of '->getString' must point to class/struct/union/generic type   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\celx.cpp   5899
Error   97   error C2248: 'CelestiaCore::font' : cannot access private member declared in class 'CelestiaCore'   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\celx.cpp   5933
Error   98   error C2248: 'CelestiaCore::titleFont' : cannot access private member declared in class 'CelestiaCore'   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\celx.cpp   5949

If I exclude celx.h and celx.cpp from the build all the errors vanish. The solution builds and I get a functional copy of Celetia 1.5.0.

The only problems are the following:

1. Loading scripts fails with a message box saying 'invalid filetype'.
2. Lua Edu Tools does not function whatsoever.

Topic author
DT

Post #8by DT » 28.08.2007, 10:19

Ok, I checked out Compiler Error C2248:

Error Message
'member' : cannot access 'access' member declared in class 'class'

Members of a derived class cannot access private members of a base class. You cannot access private or protected members of class instances.

See Knowledge Base article KB243351 for more information on C2248.

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/tsbce2bh(VS.80).aspx

So a quick hack was to make the private members, of celestiacore.h, public.

Not pretty, but it works. I rebuilt and I am now down to two errors:

Error   91   error C2039: 'configParams' : is not a member of 'CelestiaConfig'   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\celx.cpp   5899
Error   92   error C2227: left of '->getString' must point to class/struct/union/generic type   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\celx.cpp   5899

Topic author
DT

Post #9by DT » 28.08.2007, 10:52

Scratch that:

I had forgotten to define CELX and increase the LUA_VER to 0x050100.

Just rebuilt and tested it. I've got the overlays working and scripts are fully functional.

I must add this to the primer...

Vincent
Developer

Post #10by Vincent » 28.08.2007, 12:18

DT wrote:Scratch that:

I had forgotten to define CELX and increase the LUA_VER to 0x050100.

Just rebuilt and tested it. I've got the overlays working and scripts are fully functional.

Good ! Let me know if you have any problem with the Lua Tools.
@+
Vincent

Topic author
DT

Post #11by DT » 28.08.2007, 12:50

Good ! Let me know if you have any problem with the Lua Tools.

I've had a good test run and they seem to working fine. I prefer the on-screen menu system.

What would be nice is the following:

1. Replace all Menu bar functions with the overlays.
2. Create a way to toggle which options you would like displayed and where.
3. Remove the Menu bar completely

I'm sure that's were your heading and its looking really good so far.

Fightspit
With us: 19 years 1 month

Post #12by Fightspit » 28.08.2007, 13:01

DT wrote:

Error   91   error C2039: 'configParams' : is not a member of 'CelestiaConfig'   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\celx.cpp   5899
Error   92   error C2227: left of '->getString' must point to class/struct/union/generic type   d:\cvs\celestia\src\celestia\celx.cpp   5899

I have got these two errors but I don't know how to resolve it, how do you do ?

Thx for the help.
Motherboard: Intel D975XBX2
Processor: Intel Core2 E6700 @ 3Ghz
Ram: Corsair 2 x 1GB DDR2 PC6400
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB GDDR3 384 bits PCI-Express 16x
HDD: Western Digital Raptor 150GB 10000 rpm

Topic author
DT

Post #13by DT » 28.08.2007, 13:33

I have got these two errors but I don't know how to resolve it, how do you do ?

Refer to the Update I added to the bottom of the Primer:

UPDATE: 28th Aug 2007

Add celx.h and celx.cpp to the Project celestia...

Obtain the latest libs:

http://www.shatters.net/~claurel/celestia/winbuild/

...add the following libs to the celestia Project:

lua5.1.lib, lualib.lib, ijgjpeg.lib, lua.lib

Define CELX and increase the LUA_VER to 0x050100 (celx.h)

http://shatters.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11419&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Vincent
Developer

Post #14by Vincent » 28.08.2007, 13:50

DT wrote:2. Create a way to toggle which options you would like displayed and where.

This is already possible by editing the config.lua file.
The last version of the Lua Tools is available here:
http://celestiaproject.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10352

Is this the one you've tested ?

PS: We may continue this discussion in the relevant topic:
http://celestiaproject.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10352
@+
Vincent

Topic author
DT

Post #15by DT » 28.08.2007, 15:01

I've come across a rather weird problem. Textures are not being mapped onto the planets. Textures are being mapped onto earth, but not the rest.

Any ideas?

mjoubert
With us: 17 years 2 months

Post #16by mjoubert » 03.12.2007, 17:44

make[3]: *** No rule to make target `Celestia.dsw', needed by `all-am'.  Stop.

Don't know where to post that: CVS seems broken under Linux today. Removing 'Celestia.dsw' from src/Makefile.am seems to solve.

Mathieu

chris
Site Admin
With us: 22 years 4 months

Post #17by chris » 03.12.2007, 17:46

mjoubert wrote:

make[3]: *** No rule to make target `Celestia.dsw', needed by `all-am'.  Stop.

Don't know where to post that: CVS seems broken under Linux today. Removing 'Celestia.dsw' from src/Makefile.am seems to solve.

Celestia.dsw was removed from CVS because it's completely out of date. It's an MS Visual Studio file, so I didn't expect it would affect the Linux build. I'll remove it from src/Makefile.am on CVS.

--Chris

t00fri
Developer
With us: 22 years 2 months

Post #18by t00fri » 03.12.2007, 21:33

Now Celestia-KDE is even more upset ;-)

./celengine/celestia.h:13:5: warning: "_MSC_VER" is not defined

make[3]: *** No rule to make target `Celestia.dsw', needed by `all-am'. Stop.

Bye Fridger

chris
Site Admin
With us: 22 years 4 months

Post #19by chris » 03.12.2007, 21:46

t00fri wrote:Now Celestia-KDE is even more upset ;-)

./celengine/celestia.h:13:5: warning: "_MSC_VER" is not defined

Bye Fridger

Oops. I messed up the nesting of the #define. Oddly enough, it worked when I built with MinGW, which shouldn't defined _MSC_VER.

--Chris

t00fri
Developer
With us: 22 years 2 months

Post #20by t00fri » 03.12.2007, 22:08

Fine now with _MSC_VER

But Celestia-KDE still dies with

Celestia-gtk and Celestia-gnome compile fine under my new OpenSuse 10.3 installation.

Bye Fridger

Return to “Development”