Celestia as ActiveX component?

General discussion about Celestia that doesn't fit into other forums.

Celestia as ActiveX component?

Post #1by Guest » 02.12.2002, 14:00

Does anyone know if is it a big task to make the modifications so that Celestia could be run as an ActiveX component?

This remote control server thing reminded me about this idea, that if celestia could be integrated in to a multimedia application/interface with the possibility to control celestia from the app... It would be very interesting, thinking of all the possibilities of distand learning and that kind of stuff, and experimental digital art installations, interactive public presentations etc. Celestia as it is now, is a incredible app for people experienced both in computer handling and astronomy, but integration with multimedia interface could make it accessible for wider audience.

At least with Magenta Multimedia tools (it?s a commercial product, though) one can use ActiveX controls to display visual components, as well as (somewhat clumsy though,) access dynamic link libraries.

So I am not speaking about using it as a internet browser plugin. And the get all things right, there is no commercial interests involved here, as one could believe so. http://www.neyac.net is the site of our network, if anyone is interested.

Yours, Gaselli

gaselli
With us: 21 years 10 months

Post #2by gaselli » 02.12.2002, 14:04

The forum lost my login session, so the upper post was by me.

Return to “Celestia Users”