Great program!

General discussion about Celestia that doesn't fit into other forums.
Topic author
Siriusmystery
With us: 18 years

Great program!

Post #1by Siriusmystery » 25.09.2006, 09:45

Years ago I found the older version, but had not much time to work with it, resp its possibilities were soon exhausted.
The new version is much better.

What I am missing are more possibilities such as buttons to navigate or to enable or disable performances or for to switch between deeper space and planetary levels. The navigation is still very simple or not simple but every change in it must be thought through and that needs all years It does not make sense to push somebody.

Is the same as if you want to write on a real good book. I once wrote a Science Fiction- my fist book at all., By the way t deals about Sirius. I was working 5 years ( with lots of times just waiting for the best idea) and still I am not ready resp satisfied , because i want the story to be perfect. and I found myself a very difficult story of course.
But Celestia would be for sure a bestseller.
So however many thanks to all who work won it ( I don't know whether i can manage to get the addons to work properly enough) and to provide it for free. But there is for sure still much complicated work to do...

... Must be great projected on a wall with a good high resolution beamer. Unfort I cant afford one, but some day I will get it Most of time we get what we need and we find what we are looking for. Some of course genius or mysterious attribute of mankind..

:roll: :?: :D
Anyway we are never satisfied. and we always search for more? Note: When visiting my homepage you will will probably need Internet Explorer that reads its cfm code

t00fri
Developer
With us: 22 years 6 months

Post #2by t00fri » 25.09.2006, 10:57

How about reading the excellent (German) documentation? Then you will know how to manouver /elegantly/ in space.

Celestia has become a very powerful and therefore also sufficiently complex space simulation. Used by ESA meanwhile. You will only be able to master all the many possibilities after studying the docs.

Bye Fridger

Reiko
With us: 17 years 11 months

Post #3by Reiko » 05.10.2006, 16:10

This is the best space simulation I've seen. I used to play with starry night pro but that seems so clunky compared to celestia.

ElChristou
Developer
With us: 19 years 7 months

Post #4by ElChristou » 05.10.2006, 17:08

Reiko wrote:...I used to play with starry night pro but that seems so clunky compared to celestia.

No doubt...

Starshipwright
With us: 18 years 1 month

Post #5by Starshipwright » 05.10.2006, 22:28

What I am missing are more possibilities such as buttons to navigate or to enable or disable performances or for to switch between deeper space and planetary levels. The navigation is still very simple or not simple but every change in it must be thought through and that needs all years It does not make sense to push somebody.

Many functions can be added to the existing Celestia program through .celx scripts. Check out the scripts available online, and if you want a function that is not there there are good tutorials available on how to write scripts so that you can add exactly what you want. If you have problems with writing a script there are many people at the scripting forum who are willing to answer questions and give advice.

Return to “Celestia Users”