Walking away now

The only place for all Non Celestia Discussion/Stuff
Topic author
Malenfant
With us: 19 years 1 month

Walking away now

Post #1by Malenfant » 30.06.2006, 06:25

So now apparently Purgatory is becoming the new P&A because Fridger's deciding to post all his "sagely discussions" here in his usual prolonged fit of pique based on his highly exaggerated view of P&A?

When it gets to the point that good (albeit badly explained) science is being posted on Purgatory instead of where it should be on P&A, I know this forum is going straight to hell and there is nothing left for me here at all (and this is coupled with the utter lack of development of the Celestia Core and the fact that the developer mailing list has had nothing but spam on it for a while).

We have a perfectly good board for science education that a supposedly intelligent scientist is completely spurning because he's got it in his head that a handful of locked posts are a threat to his credibility (which as far as I'm concerned has already been blown to heck by his past behaviour on these boards anyway). Am I really the only one here who thinks this is completely ridiculous?

Because of all this I've decided once again to give up on the Celestia forums, and I doubt I'll be back in any form at all unless (a) there's a change in management and (b) Fridger is gone from here. It's utterly pointless to continue here while Fridger is left to run amok unchecked, particularly when people here are so apathetic towards how he's taking over the place. I'm sure he'll feign his usual dismay at the thought that he's driven someone else away, but I really don't believe he's ever been sorry to see anyone go for a second (and lord knows he's driven a lot of people away from these boards).

So you win Fridger. You now have free reign to continue doing whatever you like, being rude to newcomers, pretending you're special, bossing around our ineffectual moderator and being all pally-pally with Chris (who will of course do nothing about you anyway). Congratulations.
My Celestia page: Spica system, planetary magnitudes script, updated demo.cel, Quad system

Return to “Petit Bistro Entropy”