image capture

Report bugs, bug fixes and workarounds here.
Topic author
fraazz
With us: 22 years 7 months

image capture

Post #1by fraazz » 29.01.2002, 18:25

I'm using celestia under gnome + gtk on redhat 7.2 ;
- the image capture don't work , I got a message "error writing captured image"
- the mouse right click is inoperant ( no menu appears )
- when I open the menu bar , I've to do it for each selection I want to make ( show orbits , label galaxies ,...)
I noticed during the application starting ( bash output ) two lines which seems like errors :
* parent body '79Cet' of 'b' not found
* 'BD-10 3166' of 'b' not found

Thank you for this software , I like it very much

Post #2by Guest » 29.01.2002, 18:35

The default directory for image capture is the Celestia install directory, which you probably don't have write permission for. Did you try changing the directory?

There's no right click menu in the Gnome version of Celestia yet . . . we'll try and fix that soon.

The Windows version of Celestia has a dialog that makes it easy to pick your render options. There will eventually be one for the Gnome version of Celestia as well.

The star BD-10 3166 is in the extrasolar planet catalog, but not in the star database, which is why you see the error. 79 Cet is actually in the star database, but for some reason 79 Cet isn't in the star name listing. It just means that of the 80 or so known extrasolar planets, there are two you can't yet visit in Celestia.

--Chris

Topic author
fraazz

image capture

Post #3by fraazz » 29.01.2002, 20:44

thank you for your quick and precize answer,
I've tried to change directory for the captured images ( /home/...) ; but always appears the message "error writing captured image"...
I can't see a solution

Post #4by Guest » 30.01.2002, 02:21

Nice board. I thought it was the only one that got the wacky layout with the old one.

I noticed the same problem with saving images. Here's the solution: make sure you add the extension: like .jpg or .png (mypic.png). After I did that, save image worked fine.

The image looks a little weird: the stars are really big and there planet has some tile errors, but I don't get any errors when saving.

I'm using RH 7.2 with a GF2.

Topic author
fraazz

image capture

Post #5by fraazz » 30.01.2002, 09:21

adding an ".png" extension was the solution
thanks for your help

chris
Site Admin
With us: 22 years 8 months

Post #6by chris » 30.01.2002, 18:43

The image looks a little weird: the stars are really big and there planet has some tile errors, but I don't get any errors when saving.

Odd . . .

Could you post an image with tile errors so I can try and figure out what's going on?

--Chris

Topic author
fraazz

image capture

Post #7by fraazz » 31.01.2002, 21:24

I notice that the image capture works fine only with time set to "pause", I presume this is normal.Am I wrong ?
When I capture an image in full screen mode , the selected object appears correctly , but it seems that the background ( stars , galaxies ) appears only in the square delimited by the screen before maximisation of the window.
Can I correct this ?
Really marvelous software !

Doug

Post #8by Doug » 01.02.2002, 01:54

chris wrote:Odd . . .

Could you post an image with tile errors so I can try and figure out what's going on?

--Chris

Hey, I'll even log-in for ya. :)

I just emailed you 2 image captures of Saturn, one live and the other paused. You can see the errors I was talking about.

marquessbr
With us: 7 years 10 months

make problems on Scientific Linux 7.2

Post #9by marquessbr » 22.11.2016, 23:25

I try to build the celestia 1.6.1 in my machine my OS is scientific linux 7.2 my gcc is 4.8.5
so, I command '$./configure --with-gnome' and got this result

Code: Select all

** Celestia configuration complete. Now do a 'make' followed **
** by 'make install'                                         **

Front-End: Gnome
Use Cairo: yes
Use Lua: yes
Use Theora: yes

So, I try to build using '$make' and got this error

Code: Select all

../celmath/intersect.h: In instantiation of ‘bool testIntersection(const Ray3<T>&, const Ellipsoid<T>&, T&) [with T = double]’:
planetgrid.cpp:73:82:   required from here
../celmath/intersect.h:74:43: error: ‘square’ was not declared in this scope, and no declarations were found by argument-dependent lookup at the point of instantiation [-fpermissive]
     Vector3<T> s((T) 1.0 / square(e.axes.x),
                                           ^
In file included from ../celmath/quaternion.h:16:0,
                 from body.h:18,
                 from planetgrid.cpp:17:
../celmath/mathlib.h:52:21: note: ‘template<class T> T square(T)’ declared here, later in the translation unit
 template<class T> T square(T x)
                     ^
In file included from planetgrid.cpp:15:0:
../celmath/intersect.h:75:43: error: ‘square’ was not declared in this scope, and no declarations were found by argument-dependent lookup at the point of instantiation [-fpermissive]
                  (T) 1.0 / square(e.axes.y),
                                           ^
../celmath/mathlib.h:52:21: note: ‘template<class T> T square(T)’ declared here, later in the translation unit
                     ^
In file included from planetgrid.cpp:15:0:
../celmath/intersect.h:76:43: error: ‘square’ was not declared in this scope, and no declarations were found by argument-dependent lookup at the point of instantiation [-fpermissive]
                  (T) 1.0 / square(e.axes.z));
                                           ^

Anyone cam tell-me how I can solve this problem?

thanks in advance!

Return to “Bugs”