the warhammer 40K universe

General discussion about Celestia that doesn't fit into other forums.
Topic author
Lothar_GR
With us: 18 years 6 months

the warhammer 40K universe

Post #1by Lothar_GR » 20.03.2006, 19:08

Is anyone here interested in strategy games and particular to Warhammer 40.000? :) I do play warhammer and i would find it interesting to see a earth texture based on some warhammer 40K fictional map ( those who know some things about the warhammer 40K fiction know that the earth in the warhammer universe is dry - no oceans at all - with a big portion of the planet just serving the imperial palace ... ) or a texture of mars etc.

My brother also has already made a imperial battleship ( also of the warhammer universe ) in 3D studio max. Is there a way to add it in celestia?

selden
Developer
With us: 22 years

Re: the warhammer 40K universe

Post #2by selden » 20.03.2006, 20:10

Lothar_GR wrote:Is anyone here interested in strategy games and particular to Warhammer 40.000? :) I do play warhammer and i would find it interesting to see a earth texture based on some warhammer 40K fictional map ( those who know some things about the warhammer 40K fiction know that the earth in the warhammer universe is dry - no oceans at all - with a big portion of the planet just serving the imperial palace ... ) or a texture of mars etc.
I seem to recall that someone had created a "dry earth" texture. Maybe it was one of the bathymetric textures, though.

My brother also has already made a imperial battleship ( also of the warhammer universe ) in 3D studio max. Is there a way to add it in celestia?
Have him export it in 3DS format rather than MAX format. As a test, you could use it in place of the ISS by creating this one line SSC file:

Code: Select all

Modify "ISS" "Sol/Earth" { Mesh "name-of-model.3ds" }
Selden

Return to “Celestia Users”