Celestia 1.4.0 is ready

General discussion about Celestia that doesn't fit into other forums.
suwalski
Developer
With us: 20 years 9 months

Post #21by suwalski » 26.12.2005, 21:51

Boux wrote:Just to be sure: is the 1.4 final built on exactly same tree than the latest CVS?

Yes, and it's also tagged so you can always check out the release code.

celestia-1.4.0.tar.gz is probably the best way to go.

fsgregs
With us: 21 years 11 months

Post #22by fsgregs » 27.12.2005, 17:44

FYI, I am home this week for winter break and will complete a revision to the User's Manual for 1.4.0. I'll send it to Chris by Friday or so, and post it on the Motherlode in the documentation page as well.

:)

If anyone can convert it to PDF so that all the included cel:url's work, let me know and I'll send it to you via email.

Frank

suwalski
Developer

Post #23by suwalski » 27.12.2005, 18:36

fsgregs wrote:FYI, I am home this week for winter break and will complete a revision to the User's Manual for 1.4.0. I'll send it to Chris by Friday or so, and post it on the Motherlode in the documentation page as well.

This is a Word file?

"My Kingdom for a manual written in TeX or DocBook." :)

fsgregs
With us: 21 years 11 months

Post #24by fsgregs » 27.12.2005, 20:35

suwalski:

Yes, the base file is in MS Word 2003

Frank

BlindedByTheLight
With us: 19 years 6 months

Post #25by BlindedByTheLight » 27.12.2005, 21:27

Another thanks from me. One thought... depending on my uses, I find I keep needing to reset the preferences a lot. I suspect I could do the same thing by just trashing the preferences file. It'd be nice to have a RESET TO DEFAULT hard-coded but I understand if that's not a priority. I'm not a coder... but I thought an Applescript might be a partial stop-gag.

In in other words, you double-click a file (included in the celestia folder) that says - DOUBLE-CLICK TO RESTORE PREFERENCES....

...and it tosses the Celestia preferences file in the trash. I'm not an Applescript coder but I imagine such a thing isn't too difficult so:

1) If trashing the preferences does work and
2) People think this is a worthwhile tool

Let me know and I'll see if I can figure out how to do it.

Thanks,
S
Steven Binder, Mac OS X 10.4.10

dirkpitt
Developer
With us: 19 years 10 months

Post #26by dirkpitt » 28.12.2005, 04:05

BlindedByTheLight wrote:Another thanks from me. One thought... depending on my uses, I find I keep needing to reset the preferences a lot. I suspect I could do the same thing by just trashing the preferences file. It'd be nice to have a RESET TO DEFAULT hard-coded but I understand if that's not a priority. I'm not a coder... but I thought an Applescript might be a partial stop-gag.

In in other words, you double-click a file (included in the celestia folder) that says - DOUBLE-CLICK TO RESTORE PREFERENCES....

...and it tosses the Celestia preferences file in the trash. I'm not an Applescript coder but I imagine such a thing isn't too difficult so:

If enough people think this is useful, this feature could be added to Celestia (OS X) in the form of a button that you could press in the Preferences panel, or perhaps a menu item like in Safari. This would make it easy for anyone to reset their settings, and it wouldn't trash both your settings *and* your favorites like what happens if you trash your preferences file. (Of course the favorites do need to be separated out as a file on its own, but that's a different issue)

alphap1us

Post #27by alphap1us » 28.12.2005, 14:05

dirkpitt wrote:
BlindedByTheLight wrote: It'd be nice to have a RESET TO DEFAULT hard-coded but I understand if that's not a priority.

If enough people think this is useful, this feature could be added to Celestia (OS X) in the form of a button that you could press in the Preferences panel, or perhaps a menu item like in Safari. This would make it easy for anyone to reset their settings, and it wouldn't trash both your settings *and* your favorites like what happens if you trash your preferences file. (Of course the favorites do need to be separated out as a file on its own, but that's a different issue)

+1 from me. I'd love this.

Cheers,
Joe

ANDREA
With us: 22 years 3 months

Post #28by ANDREA » 28.12.2005, 14:30

alphap1us wrote:
dirkpitt wrote:
BlindedByTheLight wrote: If enough people think this is useful, this feature could be added to Celestia (OS X) in the form of a button that you could press in the Preferences panel, or perhaps a menu item like in Safari.

+1 from me. I'd love this.

Cheers,
Joe

I'm the #2, thank you. :wink:
Bye

Andrea :D
"Something is always better than nothing!"
HP Omen 15-DC1040nl- Intel® Core i7 9750H, 2.6/4.5 GHz- 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD+ 1TB SATA 6 SSD- 32GB SDRAM DDR4 2666 MHz- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB-WIN 11 PRO

BlindedByTheLight
With us: 19 years 6 months

Post #29by BlindedByTheLight » 28.12.2005, 20:53

Then I guess I count as +3....

(crap... i couldn't be 1?!!!)

:)
Steven Binder, Mac OS X 10.4.10

ElChristou
Developer
With us: 19 years 7 months

Post #30by ElChristou » 29.12.2005, 01:05

Ok for me... 4, :wink:

(with preference for a menu item if possible.)

Don. Edwards
With us: 22 years

Post #31by Don. Edwards » 29.12.2005, 01:31

So, does this mean that with the present buggs we are better off with an older version of Celestia at this point versus jumping to the update?

Don.
I am officially a retired member.
I might answer a PM or a post if its relevant to something.

Ah, never say never!!
Past texture releases, Hmm let me think about it

Thanks for your understanding.

calder
With us: 18 years 8 months

Post #32by calder » 29.12.2005, 01:56

dirkpitt wrote:
BlindedByTheLight wrote:Another thanks from me. One thought... depending on my uses, I find I keep needing to reset the preferences a lot. I suspect I could do the same thing by just trashing the preferences file. It'd be nice to have a RESET TO DEFAULT hard-coded but I understand if that's not a priority. I'm not a coder... but I thought an Applescript might be a partial stop-gag.

Sounds handy, me 5! :lol:

Maybe we could also have a system where we could save numerous preferences and load them up when necessary. Eg. one for orbits, one for constellations etc.

Return to “Celestia Users”