BlueMarble "October" – Warning Allot of Pics

Tips for creating and manipulating planet textures for Celestia.
t00fri
Developer
With us: 22 years 5 months

Post #21by t00fri » 19.11.2005, 23:10

Don,

fine, still we are statistically quite far away from 5 hurricans with eyes suggesting at least grade 3 or more.

What comes perhaps closer to what is in my mind is this:

Since --in reality-- clouds change continuously, it seems most adequate to use fixed cloud patterns in Celestia that are /generic/, i.e. mostly right /on average/. While you may be correct that multiple hurricane configurations do exist, they are certainly very RARE and thus an earth cloud texture with 5 grade 3 hurricans is all but generic...

Bye Fridger

Cham M
With us: 20 years 8 months

Post #22by Cham » 19.11.2005, 23:38

t00fri wrote:Since --in reality-- clouds change continuously, it seems most adequate to use fixed cloud patterns in Celestia that are /generic/, i.e. mostly right /on average/. While you may be correct that multiple hurricane configurations do exist, they are certainly very RARE and thus an earth cloud texture with 5 grade 3 hurricans is all but generic...

Bye Fridger

Hmm, well but they may not be rare anymore in the immediate future. Climate is degradating.
"Well! I've often seen a cat without a grin", thought Alice; "but a grin without a cat! It's the most curious thing I ever saw in all my life!"

Topic author
Don. Edwards
With us: 22 years

Post #23by Don. Edwards » 29.11.2005, 05:01

Well frankly I don?€™t care anymore, use the cloudmap or don't. It makes no difference to me. I don't consider myself an active member of the Celestia community anymore. There will not be any new ones that are released and I have offered to turn the work for the rest of the 11 seasonal textures to someone else with my data so they can complete them.
Like so many other members that have over time left for various reasons, I am moving on because I simply wish to put my energies into my personal life at this time. I finally have one again and it takes precedence over Celestia. I know this will leave many things unfinished but that is just the way things will have to be.
You all have been great supports but it is time for new blood to move in and take the reigns.

Don. Edwards
I am officially a retired member.
I might answer a PM or a post if its relevant to something.

Ah, never say never!!
Past texture releases, Hmm let me think about it

Thanks for your understanding.

cartrite
With us: 19 years
Location: Pocono Mountains, Pennsylvania, USA Greate Grandfother from Irshava, Zakarpattia Oblast Ukraine

Post #24by cartrite » 30.11.2005, 22:47

Last week I had a (real) taste of the storm Gamma. Or what was left of it. For real. On the CT. coast.
I think it's been a while scince we all had a storm named Gamma. It takes a lot of storms to get that far. Chill out Don. It's all fun.

cartrite

Topic author
Don. Edwards
With us: 22 years

Post #25by Don. Edwards » 01.12.2005, 02:15

See I knew some people would take this wrong way. I haven't left because of any one member saying anything. The fact of the matter is I just don't have the time anymore and I wish to put my energies into other activities. I haven't even launched Celestia on my computer in over a month. I have no problem with fridger and my statement was purely a statment of fact, that you can choose to use my cloudmaps or not and I really don't care if they are used. I just have other things on my mind and in my life. So please no more sarcastic remarks form anyone. Just let me fade off into the back ground as you have with other members that chose to leave. At least I have let most everyone know that I am gone and didn't simply pull a total disapearing act as some have.
Thanx again for your support everyone.

Don. Edwards
I am officially a retired member.
I might answer a PM or a post if its relevant to something.

Ah, never say never!!
Past texture releases, Hmm let me think about it

Thanks for your understanding.

cartrite
With us: 19 years
Location: Pocono Mountains, Pennsylvania, USA Greate Grandfother from Irshava, Zakarpattia Oblast Ukraine

Post #26by cartrite » 01.12.2005, 05:09

hey don
i was not trying to imply anything. about a month ago i was unemployed. with all the time in the world. then work 24/7 no time to scratch my you know what. things change people change so what, thats what life is all about. if i don't here from you again, HAVE A GOOD ONE!!!!!!!!!!!... YOU ARE A GOOD MAN DON'T FORGET IT.

Oniisan
With us: 20 years 10 months

Best Always!

Post #27by Oniisan » 02.12.2005, 00:45

Hey Don,

Sorry we're losing you, but as you said personal life is far more important at this point. I do hope you'll pop back in once in a while and say hi :-) You will be missed and your textures will live on for a very long time. This makes the second Don that's bowed out from the group. I do hope we get that "new blood", but it's sad to see the pioneers leave. Best wishes always! We'll keep a candle in the window for ya :-)
System Specs:
HP m300y WinXP MCE
3.2Ghz P4, 1.5Gb Ram, 640Gb HD
GeForce 6600

Return to “Textures”