New User... I need Help please...

Report bugs, bug fixes and workarounds here.
selden
Developer
With us: 22 years

Post #21by selden » 26.09.2005, 21:27

You will have to decide that for yourself.

For the Earth, I've included a list of the resolutions of the VT levels at
http://www.lepp.cornell.edu/~seb/celest ... html#2.5.3
Selden

Topic author
elie
With us: 19 years

Post #22by elie » 26.09.2005, 22:07

ok selden, thx a lot!!!! well i wil; take a new texture and will see... also in other topics, Jim put a table to see Ram cards and textures.. but i cant see the table..... yours from your lick is great because i see now level of VT and what my card support best!

Topic author
elie
With us: 19 years

Post #23by elie » 26.09.2005, 22:44

ok.. so if i understand selden

with my card (ati 128M) for the 3D models as galaxia for instance, i suppport 2K... ok for this, i have see also that if i charge 4K i dont see anything ... so for that its ok....

for the question on sphere as planet and for textures that can support my Ati card , theorically, you told me that i can see all .... but bigger program i take, lower would be celestia ....
i have now for instance the earth map 18000 BCE as Alernate surface, i can use the 2K or 4K because the 2 are avelable.... i have try both and thats ok, i can see 4K..... but question : a 32K for instance would be difficult for my support right ????? so maybe, thats better to take a 4K in DDS...or a 8k in DDS and thats other question : which is better for my support??? at which level i can go??? also in VT but only level 1 or 2 if i understood your table from your lats lick...
so if i understand, if i use 8k and more, in DDS also, or level 3 and more in VT, my system would be lower but can see it ......
thx

selden
Developer
With us: 22 years

Post #24by selden » 27.09.2005, 10:47

The only way to find out for sure is to try them.

The purpose of VT textures is that the texture files already have been cut into tiny pieces so that Celestia only has to use the parts that you can see.
Selden

Return to “Bugs”