New Shuttle...

Post requests, images, descriptions and reports about work in progress here.
Siterath
With us: 19 years 2 months

Post #181by Siterath » 09.08.2005, 02:45

:lol:

Well I did what I could ... That was hunted down from the NASA website ...

However if that's 2 shuttles, then its prolly ok to assume that the remainder have them...

sundog
With us: 19 years 4 months

Post #182by sundog » 09.08.2005, 09:19

ElChristou, your working too fast, I can't keep up... ;)

Truely fantastic work.

ElChristou wrote:What a stange shot!! There is a support for Canadarm on the right side of the payload 8O (at the left on the pict)...

I think the support is for the "boom" used in SRTM (Shuttle Radar Topography Mission).

As for your flag question, I'll have a look through my nasa pics a bit later.

Thanks again.

sundog
Celestia 1.4.0. pre 6
Win ME
AMD Athlon 1.3Ghz
512Mb DDR
GeForce4 Ti 4200 64Mb (MS-StarForce) 71.84 drivers

jgrillo2002
With us: 22 years 2 months

Post #183by jgrillo2002 » 09.08.2005, 20:27

Tell you the truth ElChristou, I can use your model as the official Space Shuttle Mesh for Orbiter. that is the highest resolution Space Shuttle that I have ever seen. Keep it up pal and dave will bring the beast alive. :P

rthorvald
With us: 20 years 11 months

Post #184by rthorvald » 09.08.2005, 21:34

ElChristou wrote:The doors are almost done; it was a bit long, but now things will go faster.

El Christou, again, this is great, beautiful work. This, alongside with Don Edward??s solar system project, is the most anticipated AddOn... I can hardly wait to see the release...

-rthorvald

Topic author
ElChristou
Developer
With us: 19 years 7 months

Post #185by ElChristou » 10.08.2005, 21:07

jgrillo2002 wrote:Tell you the truth ElChristou, I can use your model as the official Space Shuttle Mesh for Orbiter. that is the highest resolution Space Shuttle that I have ever seen. Keep it up pal and dave will bring the beast alive. :P

Hummm... Sorry, I don't really get the point... remember English is not my first language, and the way you have turned your phrase is a bit dim for me...

I have to be clear about the use of my models:

THEY ARE EXCLUSIVITY FOR and only FOR CELESTIA

(It's why I release them in cmod.)

If I spend time (lot of) in doing those models, it's my way to thanks the authors and to participate a bit in this wonderful project; I know models are not the most inportant thing in Celestia, but unfortunatly I'm not coder, nor physicist, so well... ...I do models...

I'm sad for the orbiter community, but... ...life is hard... (sometimes) :?

Bye

t00fri
Developer
With us: 22 years 6 months

Post #186by t00fri » 10.08.2005, 21:41

ElChristou,

really you are doing great with your model! Thanks also from me. We got to drink a bottle at Copacabana together when I will be in Rio beginning of November!

Bye Fridger

Spaceman Spiff
With us: 22 years 7 months

Post #187by Spaceman Spiff » 10.08.2005, 23:01

ElChristou

t00fri wrote:... I will be in Rio beginning of November!

So near, yet so far...

Spiff.

t00fri
Developer
With us: 22 years 6 months

Post #188by t00fri » 10.08.2005, 23:32

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
ElChristou

t00fri wrote:... I will be in Rio beginning of November!

So near, yet so far...

Spiff.

Not necessarily. ElChristou may well be on the move towards Copacabana according to some PM's. ;-) We'll see.

Bye Fridger

bh
With us: 21 years 9 months

Post #189by bh » 10.08.2005, 23:50

Fridger and Chris...We will share a couple of ESB's when this is done! Chris...don't be swayed...the amount of time, effort, and detail you've put in for US! well, it beggars belief.

Fridger...come and see us in dear old Oxford...we can talk some music and listen to a bit of Jazz if you like!

Chris...keep going with your fantastic model...If I can be of any help (Humble!)...keep in touch.

I'm going to re-install Celestia (for cmod) just for this model.

regards...bh.

jgrillo2002

Post #190by jgrillo2002 » 11.08.2005, 00:23

ElChristou wrote:
jgrillo2002 wrote:Tell you the truth ElChristou, I can use your model as the official Space Shuttle Mesh for Orbiter. that is the highest resolution Space Shuttle that I have ever seen. Keep it up pal and dave will bring the beast alive. :P

Hummm... Sorry, I don't really get the point... remember English is not my first language, and the way you have turned your phrase is a bit dim for me...

I have to be clear about the use of my models:

THEY ARE EXCLUSIVITY FOR and only FOR CELESTIA

(It's why I release them in cmod.)

If I spend time (lot of) in doing those models, it's my way to thanks the authors and to participate a bit in this wonderful project; I know models are not the most inportant thing in Celestia, but unfortunatly I'm not coder, nor physicist, so well... ...I do models...

I'm sad for the orbiter community, but... ...life is hard... (sometimes) :?

Bye

That sucks. becuase our shuttle meshes that Don made are not that accurate.
compared to yours and Don's Shuttle Mesh, I suggest you reconsider. think about it. Orbiter will be a great simulator with a your high poly mesh. You can get to pilot it and land it yourself. trust me. its your descision.

David Sunstrome of the orbiter community does the coding so you dont have to code it yourself. if you feel like distributing it and look at it's beauity, then just send me the mesh and we will get right on it

Topic author
ElChristou
Developer

Post #191by ElChristou » 11.08.2005, 02:10

jgrillo2002 wrote:That sucks. becuase our shuttle meshes that Don made are not that accurate...

Just for the info, try to use an English not so common when you talk to person with an English not very fluent... "that sucks" can be interpreted like an insult so... well... in our case, this don't help for what you want. :wink:

jgrillo2002 wrote:...Orbiter will be a great simulator with a your high poly mesh. You can get to pilot it and land it yourself. trust me. its your descision.

Yep... the problem is that as I'm a osX user and so, I don't have the privilege of using Orbiter...

jgrillo2002 wrote:David Sunstrome of the orbiter community does the coding so you dont have to code it yourself. if you feel like distributing it and look at it's beauity...

I can already do that, so people here will do soon...

jgrillo2002 wrote:...then just send me the mesh and we will get right on it

I'm sure of this.
The only solution I see, is that the Orbiter community send me a brand new pc (with the last pentium full of Ghz, lots of ram (by Go sure) a big HD and the last more powerfull graphic card), and then no problem, if the soft is good and to my taste, I will do a new shuttle exclusively for Orbiter...
I let you talk with your community... :wink:

More seriously, seems to me that the Orbiter community must be much bigger than the Celestia one, I'm sure someone will do better models soon or later.

Bye

Topic author
ElChristou
Developer

Post #192by ElChristou » 11.08.2005, 02:16

t00fri wrote:Not necessarily. ElChristou may well be on the move towards Copacabana according to some PM's. ;-) We'll see.

Yes, I will do my possible to be there for a fresh beer (november=summer) :P

jgrillo2002

Post #193by jgrillo2002 » 11.08.2005, 02:37

It is big. check for yourself
http://www.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/~martins/orbit/orbit.html
the program is updated to the realistic standards with new haza, reflections, and shadows. and yes the community is big.

Spaceman Spiff
With us: 22 years 7 months

Post #194by Spaceman Spiff » 11.08.2005, 08:04

t00fri wrote:Not necessarily. ElChristou may well be on the move towards Copacabana according to some PM's. ;) We'll see.

Phew! I didn't think the taxi ride back after the beers would be enjoyable...

There's no fresh beer in Paraguay!? ;)

Spiff.

Jeam Tag M
With us: 21 years 6 months

Post #195by Jeam Tag » 11.08.2005, 08:08

ElChristou wrote:More seriously, seems to me that the Orbiter community must be much bigger than the Celestia one, I'm sure someone will do better models soon or later.Bye
There is a large shuttle fleet, yes, with lot of separated elements for each model, because the goal of this game is to ride a complete astronautic scenario (from KSC to ISS, or launching sat for example) but some details are quite crude... and some of recent updated addons -seems to me that Discovery v3.8.2 is not really new and have some bugs for example, etc...
So, there are sometime nice detailled textures, I can send some shots to you (not mine, but in a french forum, lots of picts are shared). And the Orbiter model are in .msh format (a .cmod like format) and lot of guys of this communauty are particularily jalous about their creations, don't want to share them..:-) exchanges are very difficults. En r?©sum?©, je pr?©f??re voir un aussi beau mod??le fonctionner pour Celestia, si les Orbiter ?©taient plus partageurs, la question se poserait, mais comme ce n'est pas toujours le cas... Jeam
Edit: some picts of Challenger, fly STS 41d (captures by Mustard)
Catalogue des ajouts /Catalog for the Add-Ons in French
...PAGES LOSTS, SORRY

Topic author
ElChristou
Developer

Post #196by ElChristou » 11.08.2005, 16:18

Jeam Tag wrote:There is a large shuttle fleet, ...
...And the Orbiter model are in .msh format (a .cmod like format) and lot of guys of this communauty are particularily jalous about their creations, don't want to share them..:-) exchanges are very difficults. En r?©sum?©, je pr?©f??re voir un aussi beau mod??le fonctionner pour Celestia, si les Orbiter ?©taient plus partageurs, la question se poserait, mais comme ce n'est pas toujours le cas... Jeam

Mmmh it's also what I was thinking... but let's close the topic, after all are'nt we in the Celestia community? 8)

Topic author
ElChristou
Developer

Post #197by ElChristou » 11.08.2005, 16:58

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
t00fri wrote:Not necessarily. ElChristou may well be on the move towards Copacabana according to some PM's. ;) We'll see.

Phew! I didn't think the taxi ride back after the beers would be enjoyable...

In fact it's more a 2 hours flight to go back home... Distance on this continent are not really the same than in Europe...

Spaceman Spiff wrote:

There's no fresh beer in Paraguay!? ;)

Spiff.

Yes there are some good ones... (and surprisingly Pilsen a Paraguyan ale won this year the silver prize in Brusells in an international competition of beers...), but the national drink is "ter?©r?©" something similar to the wellknown "mat?©" from Argentina but cold...

Donamy
With us: 21 years 1 month

Post #198by Donamy » 12.08.2005, 01:28

That is a very sweet model. It is far more detailed than the one I made for Orbiter and I myself would love to see it in Orbiter. You are right to be protective of it. It's not being selfish like some people say. :wink:

Question ? About how many polys does it have ?? I think the FPS hit would be extreme in Orbiter. Any way, keep it up, it is beautiful.

Topic author
ElChristou
Developer

Post #199by ElChristou » 12.08.2005, 02:21

Donamy wrote:That is a very sweet model. It is far more detailed than the one I made for Orbiter and I myself would love to see it in Orbiter. You are right to be protective of it. It's not being selfish like some people say. :wink:

Question ? About how many polys does it have ?? I think the FPS hit would be extreme in Orbiter. Any way, keep it up, it is beautiful.

I see this model seems to attract people from the orbiter community...

For info I have just received this mail:

Code: Select all

Hello I totally saw your post.  You are saying something about you wont
release the mesh to orbiter until you get a freakin computer from the
community?  LOL, do you know who I am?  Probably not, but I am an advanced computer pro.  I will be taking you cmod mesh, and developing it into a msh orbiter file.  Sorry, but you are stubborn and useless to do so.  Have a nice day, and thanks again!

no comment :wink:

Donamy
With us: 21 years 1 month

Post #200by Donamy » 12.08.2005, 02:42

Believe me, theft is not something that is tolerated in the Orbiter community, and if you wish, I will bring it to their attention. If someone steals your model I will ask Martin personally, to ask that everyone not dowload it and the one who posts it should be banned from the Orbiter forum.

Return to “Add-on development”