Release: Postcards From Titan

Post requests, images, descriptions and reports about work in progress here.
Guckytos
With us: 20 years 4 months

Post #21by Guckytos » 12.07.2005, 07:39

Whoohoow,

thank you Runar for this wonderful addon. Just downloaded it and took the tours. Well i wanted eye-candy so i downloaded the bigger (100 MB) version.
But that has driven my poor small machine right against the wall, more or less. The framerate dropped to 0.54 when i was on Titan :(, But the view was worth it.
Hope i will be able to get a better machine soon, and then go to real high resolution :D

Keep up the very good work.

Regards,

Guckytos

Topic author
rthorvald
With us: 20 years 11 months

Post #22by rthorvald » 12.07.2005, 15:11

Guckytos wrote:But that has driven my poor small machine right against the wall, more or less. The framerate dropped to 0.54 when i was on Titan :(, But the view was worth it.

The three landscape models take a huge toll; just move two of them out of the models folder while viewing the third; it should speed things up a bit...

-rthorvald

Guckytos
With us: 20 years 4 months

Post #23by Guckytos » 13.07.2005, 07:00

The three landscape models take a huge toll; just move two of them out of the models folder while viewing the third; it should speed things up a bit...

Celestia really needs an easier method to turn on and off addons and models or reload them. It is really a sad that you have to stop the application, go to a folder change some things there and then restart Celestia and hope everything is fine.

Anyway, i will try what you suggested Runar.

Regards,

Guckytos

ElChristou
Developer
With us: 19 years 8 months

Post #24by ElChristou » 20.07.2005, 22:34

Finally I could download the first pack, and I must say that... ...it's too big for my config!!! :evil:...

The textures are really cool, and sure I love the clouds all over the 3 sites...

I met some problem with the Ulrich celx, in part 2 when the center of Huygens seems to go far in space while the model is in descent... Seems that I'm the only one to have this bug so I suppose it's due to my config...

I have also a problem with the organic explorer, but as my graphic card is a real shi.. I suppose it's normal :cry:...

Despite of those problems, I must confess I have been watching Saturn throw the clouds a loooonng time yesterday night :D, and once more I love!

BIG TX Runar for this wonderfull work!!

Return to “Add-on development”