Controlling brightness and/or gamma in Celestia

General discussion about Celestia that doesn't fit into other forums.
Topic author
scienceman
With us: 21 years 2 months

Controlling brightness and/or gamma in Celestia

Post #1by scienceman » 21.06.2005, 21:18

When I project Celestia for educational presentations, it comes out much dimmer and harder to view than other programs, even with a bright projector. This takes a bit of the impact away from an otherwise really great tool. (As a separate topic, it would be nice to have an archive of "really cool educational Celestia scripts" organized by astronomical area or topic.)

Can anyone describe a method of controlling the brightness or gamma of the Celestia displays?

t00fri
Developer
With us: 22 years 5 months

Re: Controlling brightness and/or gamma in Celestia

Post #2by t00fri » 21.06.2005, 21:39

scienceman wrote:When I project Celestia for educational presentations, it comes out much dimmer and harder to view than other programs, even with a bright projector. This takes a bit of the impact away from an otherwise really great tool. (As a separate topic, it would be nice to have an archive of "really cool educational Celestia scripts" organized by astronomical area or topic.)

Can anyone describe a method of controlling the brightness or gamma of the Celestia displays?

Did you tell us what OS you are using? No...

With a Linux X-server gamma can be set (for R,G,B separately) in the X-server configuration file and correspondingly will be fed through to the beamer /projector, I suppose.

In Windows, gamma can be adjusted in the GUI of the graphics card vendor, usually. At least it's true for NVIDIA.

Bye Fridger

Return to “Celestia Users”