World Wind

Tips for creating and manipulating planet textures for Celestia.
Topic author
Margüello
With us: 19 years 4 months

World Wind

Post #1by Margüello » 15.06.2005, 08:41

NASA WORLD WIND. Have you tried this program? It has textures detailed of the Earth. You can find it at: http://worldwind.arc.nasa.gov/

ElChristou
Developer
With us: 19 years 7 months

Post #3by ElChristou » 15.06.2005, 11:30

This soft seems impressive... Still only on Windows... :?

julesstoop
With us: 22 years 6 months

Post #4by julesstoop » 15.06.2005, 15:26

They are discussing cross-platform solutions though on their forums (or so I read over there a few weeks ago)
Lapinism matters!
http://settuno.com/

Jeam Tag M
With us: 21 years 5 months

Post #5by Jeam Tag » 15.06.2005, 18:21

ElChristou wrote:This soft seems impressive...
Tr??s, m??me si la nouvelle version (2005) semble avoir quelques bugs (changements de valeurs dans les ?©levations, il y a des hauteurs mal foutues sur Manhattan par ex, etc...) qui sont r?©par?©s patch apr??s patch, les cartes du nouveau serveur semblent diff?©rentes (et pour l'ancienne version, le serveur dedi?© semble injoignable) et la cartographie martienne qui ?©tait en cours d'addon ne semble pas avoir ?©t?© import?©e encore pour cette version: sinon oui, comme je le signalais dans mes pages, c'est un superbe sim cartographique.

Yes, even if the 2005 release isn't totally fixed, the tiles on the server not so complete and nice like those on the ancient version -notabily some blanks in the USGS-1m, curious elevations (Manhattan) and so on... IIRC (I speak about the new release, last January, but step by step it will be correct, i guess) and last but not least, the martian work-in-progress addon seemed don't work with this new version. But as I wrote in my links page, this is a great cartography sim.

BTW, I remember that Orbiter community (I'm speaking about french forums) tried to export lot of high level tiles from WW to O, the same stuff was discussed here for Celestia too...
Jeam
Catalogue des ajouts /Catalog for the Add-Ons in French
...PAGES LOSTS, SORRY

Return to “Textures”