Foundation Add-ons

Post requests, images, descriptions and reports about work in progress here.
Topic author
KeirenHalcyon92
With us: 19 years 6 months

Foundation Add-ons

Post #1by KeirenHalcyon92 » 13.04.2005, 11:13

Hey, has anyone thought of making I, Robot add-ons? Or even planets from from 'Foundation' saga by Isaac Asimov.

Donovan and Powell's space ship would be nice. :wink:
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish, but recive eternal life.

Tleilax

Post #2by Tleilax » 14.04.2005, 05:13

I haven't seen anything for the Foundation series, but I am working on a DUNE Universe addon. I havn't gotten around to reading much Asimov, I've been reading herbert for a while now. 8O DUNE is frickin' genius, It's becoming my sole sustinance...........LOL. Well, why don't you make your own Foundation Addons, I've heard that it's a really good series. Good luck...

trenner
With us: 22 years

Post #3by trenner » 15.04.2005, 02:28

Hmmmm..... Does the name "Selden" ring a bell?.....

hjw
With us: 20 years 8 months

Post #4by hjw » 15.04.2005, 06:07

Hmmmm..... Does the name "Selden" ring a bell?

crisis!

selden
Developer
With us: 22 years

Post #5by selden » 15.04.2005, 14:09

The spelling is a little different:
Seldon vs Selden

:)
Selden

ElChristou
Developer
With us: 19 years 7 months

Post #6by ElChristou » 15.04.2005, 20:49

Tleilax wrote:I haven't seen anything for the Foundation series, but I am working on a DUNE Universe addon. I havn't gotten around to reading much Asimov, I've been reading herbert for a while now. 8O DUNE is frickin' genius, It's becoming my sole sustinance...........LOL. Well, why don't you make your own Foundation Addons, I've heard that it's a really good series. Good luck...

Good news !!

Can you give us some screenshot of work in progress?
It's always good to see how the things are evolutioning in a creation process...

Bye

Topic author
KeirenHalcyon92

Post #7by KeirenHalcyon92 » 16.04.2005, 00:37

Hari Seldon>Hari Selden
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish, but recive eternal life.

Tleilax

Post #8by Tleilax » 16.04.2005, 04:13

ElChristou wrote:
Tleilax wrote:I haven't seen anything for the Foundation series, but I am working on a DUNE Universe addon. I havn't gotten around to reading much Asimov, I've been reading herbert for a while now. 8O DUNE is frickin' genius, It's becoming my sole sustinance...........LOL. Well, why don't you make your own Foundation Addons, I've heard that it's a really good series. Good luck...

Good news !!

Can you give us some screenshot of work in progress?
It's always good to see how the things are evolutioning in a creation process...

Bye

:? I have attempted to upload screenshots, but have failed. I don't want to put them on my art gallery http://tleilax.deviantart.com/

So, what is a good image hoster for showing screenshots on this forum?
Nothing suffocates you more than
the passing of everyday human events
Isolation is the oxygen mask you make
your children breath into survive

- Marilyn Manson

Topic author
KeirenHalcyon92

Post #10by KeirenHalcyon92 » 17.04.2005, 23:54

Hey, what about Foundation? :?

ElChristou
Developer
With us: 19 years 7 months

Post #11by ElChristou » 18.04.2005, 02:03

Tleilax wrote:...I have attempted to upload screenshots, but have failed. I don't want to put them on my art gallery http://tleilax.deviantart.com/

Hi,

Have you try the solution I gave you in PM??

Tleilax

Post #12by Tleilax » 19.04.2005, 03:11

I've been really busy. I havn't had time to sit in front of the computer much to work with my addon or post screenshots for that matter. I'll get around to it A.S.A.P.

But we must not forget the core question of this thread. What about Foundation addons?

Hey, KeirenHalcyon92, have you thought about making your own Foundation addons, that way, you could show everybody how you imagined it. If I had read it/them, I'm sure I would be underway with an addon. Just havn't read much Asimov yet. Frank Herbert is a genius and everybody should read at least DUNE before they die, lol.

- Marilyn Manson

Tleilax

Post #13by Tleilax » 19.04.2005, 03:31

Preliminary test DUNE addon screenshots...

- Marilyn Manson

Topic author
KeirenHalcyon92

Post #14by KeirenHalcyon92 » 19.04.2005, 10:12

Tleilax wrote: Hey, KeirenHalcyon92, have you thought about making your own Foundation addons?

Um... My last 3 add-ons were rejected, and I've been told that they will not even look at any add-ons I post in the future... :oops:

By the way, as it is diffucult to get my tone from reading typed words, I am not complaning, merely stating facts.

Jeam Tag M
With us: 21 years 6 months

Post #15by Jeam Tag » 19.04.2005, 12:26

Tleilax wrote:I haven't seen anything for the Foundation series, but I am working on a DUNE Universe addon...
There was the Icehunter's Duniverse, too... but the site seems always under reconstruction. (It is on the way, the look has recenttly changed - for testing?)
Maybe Harry could ask to Icehunter about hosting an old version of Duniverse on the Motherlode? I must have a little one (+- 5Mb) I had noticed http://jeam.tag.free.fr/CELESTIAhtml/CelestiaAddons-SF3.htm Duniverse Under Construction: http://mitglied.lycos.de/bonicehunter/ Jeam
Catalogue des ajouts /Catalog for the Add-Ons in French
...PAGES LOSTS, SORRY

Harry
With us: 21 years

Post #16by Harry » 19.04.2005, 15:10

KeirenHalcyon92 wrote:Um... My last 3 add-ons were rejected, and I've been told that they will not even look at any add-ons I post in the future... :oops:

1. "They" is me, in this case.
2. You forgot to mention that your last Addon didn't even work, so:
3. I wrote that I wouldn't look at your Addons for the near future until you had time to improve your skills, and I think I had a good reason to do this.
There is more I could write about this, but I won't unless I have to.

Harald

Tleilax

Post #17by Tleilax » 19.04.2005, 21:25

KeirenHalcyon92 wrote:
Tleilax wrote: Hey, KeirenHalcyon92, have you thought about making your own Foundation addons?

Um... My last 3 add-ons were rejected, and I've been told that they will not even look at any add-ons I post in the future... :oops:

By the way, as it is diffucult to get my tone from reading typed words, I am not complaning, merely stating facts.

"...as it is diffucult to get my tone from reading typed words..." I was not snapping, just simply restating my argument. LOL. It's all good.

So I assume your addons are Foundationa addons, INTENSE :D . If possible could you email the files to me, I would love to see them in Celelstia; unless, you have a site of your own or something where I can download your addon. :? Damn, ain't that the shits, I never realized that the Motherload would REALLY reject an addon unless it was really a piece of crap, like a Virus or something.

If you don't have a site, I'm sure there is some free webpage hoster where you could host your Celestia addons. I think geosites might offer something of that nature. All I have is Deviant ART, but that's a commercial host site for artists to post there draawings, etc, not for hosting files for others to download :x . Now I'm worried if the motherload will like my Dune Universe addon, hmm? Better luck to you in the future. "Live long, and Prosper."

- Marilyn Manson

Topic author
KeirenHalcyon92

Post #18by KeirenHalcyon92 » 19.04.2005, 23:02

Yeah. It was kind of a peace of crap.

And harry, I respect the fact that you are just doing your job.

tedjf
With us: 19 years 3 months

Post #19by tedjf » 20.02.2006, 07:32

Sorry for the late entry to this topic, but just finished re-reading the (many)
Robot-thru-Foundation-and-back-to-Robot series. I last read them 20=ish years ago
and thought it would be fun to re-visit.
In any case, I would point out that, in many cases, no addons are needed to follow
certain parts as much of it is in non-fiction space. There will almost certainly be some
corrections required (as ships going thru 'hyperspace' must make on occasion :wink: )
For example, the last known Foundation (Foundation and Earth) included a visit to 'alpha
centauri'. In my installation, no aplha, but there is a proxima. Go there, center on the sun
and it's placement with respect to Cassiopea is, well, respectable.... (matches the book
description, anyway)
I may eventually begin a 'hyperspace voyage', more closely following the series. If I keep
notes I can find the weaknesses (besides the lack of planets) and decide from there just
what addons are really needed...
Ted

Malenfant
With us: 19 years 1 month

Post #20by Malenfant » 20.02.2006, 08:08

Alpha Centauri is in the basic Celestia package... you have to type "ALF Cen" in the text entry window to go to it though, Celestia doesn't understand "alpha".

There's probably a list of the greek letters as Celestia knows them on the web somewhere.
My Celestia page: Spica system, planetary magnitudes script, updated demo.cel, Quad system

Return to “Add-on development”