Celestia 1.3.2 for MacOS X

The place to discuss creating, porting and modifying Celestia's source code.
hank
Developer
With us: 22 years 7 months

Post #81by hank » 17.12.2004, 18:54

Ron,

I'm also seeing display problems rendering some models, which may be the same thing you're seeing. Don't know what the cause might be yet.

As you've seen, there are some gaps in the existing preferences management code. A major revision is forthcoming that I hope will improve things significantly.

The Mac GUI for Celesta is written mostly in Objective-C++ in order to access the Celestia cross-platform core C++ code. You won't need to know a whole lot of C++ in order to work with the GUI, but you will need to become familiar with C++ in order to comprehend Celestia's internals.

We're working on getting the CVS source tree updated, and hopefully will do a better job of keeping it in sync going forward. If you're interested in contributing to development on the MacOS X version of Celestia, send me some e-mail (hramsey "at" users.sourceforge.net) and I'll keep you informed.

- Hank

Post #82by Guest » 05.01.2005, 01:00

Hank

Have you all gotten the rendering cycle bit worked out (mentioned earlier in the post)? I saw Chris check it out and give his OK but never saw an upload of the build with the fix. I snagged the 1.3.2-1 from SF over the holidays. Is there something newer and if so where is it? I am suffering from the psychedelic color vs seeing specular highlights and shadows bit myself.

Is the joystick function working on OS X yet? Didn?€™t see it listed as not working but I can?€™t seem to make it run.

BTW I am running on 10.3.7 and have not had a lick of trouble. Thanks for the continued hard and much needed Mac work.

Howard

howard
With us: 20 years 3 months

Post #83by howard » 05.01.2005, 01:07

Sorry, that was me!

hank
Developer
With us: 22 years 7 months

Post #84by hank » 05.01.2005, 01:59

Howard,

A new version of Celestia for MacOS X based on the latest Celestia 1.4.0 pre-release source should be available very shortly.

- Hank

howard
With us: 20 years 3 months

Post #85by howard » 05.01.2005, 04:00

Cool! Thanks Hank! I'll keep an eye out for it.

Howard

alollini

rendering osx celestia 1.3.2 nvidia geforce 4MX

Post #86by alollini » 05.01.2005, 12:00

rendering osx celestia 1.3.2 nvidia geforce 4MX

2x G4 1ghz quicksilver 2001 1.5 Gb ram
stock graphiccard nvidia geforce 4MX (the bad part)

no crash, exept with strange addons.
I can't make work the H-Alpha one

pretty slow, does not use the 2nd G4 cpu obviously.

I can see no bump, no specular on earth.

I tried the 32K VT full texture http://celestia.h-schmidt.net/earth-vt/
(great!)

But with this one I have no Nightlights, no specular, no bump

I think there is a multitexturing problem, and a problem with normals map. this should be due to the graphiccard ot its driver ?

same extras with my ugly w2k AMD box works ok.
(the x800 radeon is helping I think)

Return to “Development”