Images of the new Rabud system I am making.

Post requests, images, descriptions and reports about work in progress here.
Topic author
kikinho
With us: 20 years

Images of the new Rabud system I am making.

Post #1by kikinho » 02.10.2004, 00:31

Look at these images:

These are the images of a planet called Tihocanuaran orbiting Rabud, one of the many stars of a new cluster. Rabud is a G8V star, size is 0.88 Rsun. Also, this is the most beautifull image I have made until now.

I'm starting making one of it's moons. At least this system will take a long time to be finished.

Topic author
kikinho

Post #2by kikinho » 06.10.2004, 01:48

I made Tihocanuaran with another planet called Ourimia and a moon called Technorimia:
Tihocanuaran and Ourimia are the fourth planet.

And Technorimia:

You won't believe in what you will see now:
Yes, Technorimia orbiting the two planets.

Ourimia Map:

And one more beautiful image:

Another planet I made called Hibrocadim:
This is the first planet. In fact, it's a very hot ball of magma!

A planet called Heliomida:
This planet is the Hell! It's too hot that iron is liquid. This is the second planet.

Heliomida as seen from space:

The third planet called Sulberon:
The type of life here is sulphur-based life. The beings live in temperatures around 425K.

Sulberon has seen from space:

Alexkidabrilandia is the seventh planet. Is is bigger than Jupiter and I'm still making the moons. Here are the planet and two of it's moons:

Note:
All planets in this system orbit around a W5V star with a size of 0.25 RSun.
Last edited by kikinho on 06.10.2004, 15:11, edited 1 time in total.

selden
Developer
With us: 22 years

Post #3by selden » 06.10.2004, 03:31

They look great!
Selden

JimBim
With us: 20 years 3 months

JimBim

Post #4by JimBim » 06.10.2004, 06:10

COOL 8O
It sure loks great ! I can't wait to find a full compilation with all textures and planetary system data for downloading (or maybe it is already possible ?).
Space is huge, don't waste it...

Topic author
kikinho

Post #5by kikinho » 06.10.2004, 10:21

It still not possible, because I haven't make all the planets I want, and also I want to put an asteroid belt and spaceships and spacecrafts. You have to wait a time, or a long time to download it.

This system will be one of the most interesting systems, because all planets are orbiting a W5V star, and I presume that nobody here still made a planetary system with this type of star.

Also, I'm doing city lights in some planets.

Evil Dr Ganymede
With us: 21 years 3 months

Post #6by Evil Dr Ganymede » 06.10.2004, 16:31

kikinho wrote:This system will be one of the most interesting systems, because all planets are orbiting a W5V star, and I presume that nobody here still made a planetary system with this type of star.

W5 V? A Wolf-Rayet star?

Topic author
kikinho

Post #7by kikinho » 06.10.2004, 19:21

Yes, it is a Wolf-Rayet star. But..., what is a Wolf-Rayet star? It's a type of white dwarf, but hotter? It's because the temperature of this star is 44500K, and the temperature of a WD star is 10000K.

This system probably can't exist, because the temperature of the star is very high and it has strong ultraviolet radiation. But I created a system orbiting this type of star because one day I had a dream, and in this dream when I was looking the sky, the sun was white instead of yellow and then I saw many planets in this same system.

Also, the majority of planets are based in the levels of a game called Sonic 2 of MasterSystem III console. It's because some levels of this game have interesting cenario graphics for creating planets and it gave me the idea of creating this system.

It's mean that this system is based on a dream I had and in Sonic 2 cenario graphics.

Evil Dr Ganymede

Post #8by Evil Dr Ganymede » 06.10.2004, 20:39

kikinho wrote:Yes, it is a Wolf-Rayet star. But..., what is a Wolf-Rayet star? It's a type of white dwarf, but hotter? It's because the temperature of this star is 44500K, and the temperature of a WD star is 10000K.

This system probably can't exist, because the temperature of the star is very high and it has strong ultraviolet radiation.

No, a white dwarf what's left after a red giant throws off its outer layers as a planetary nebula - the WD is the core of the star. As such they're very very small (only about the size of Earth) but have between 0.5 and 1.4 solar masses in them. And their luminosities are very low.

A Wolf-Rayet star is basically a very massive main sequence star (over 20 solar masses, I think) whose solar wind is so powerful that they're actually losing mass at an incredible rate. They're invariably very young stars (a few million years old at most), and most likely can't have planets because the solar wind blows away all the planet-forming material around them before they have a chance to form (and anyway, the star will probably end up blowing up as a supernova before planets COULD even form around them).

So yeah, your system probably can't exist in reality - but hey, don't let that stop you ;)
Last edited by Evil Dr Ganymede on 06.10.2004, 20:46, edited 1 time in total.

Evil Dr Ganymede

Post #9by Evil Dr Ganymede » 06.10.2004, 20:45

BTW, where have all the images for your other Somaris system gone?
http://www.celestiaproject.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5818

Topic author
kikinho

Post #10by kikinho » 06.10.2004, 21:31

I had a problem with my website and I lost all my images. And the images are not more on my computer. Sorry for that.

Topic author
kikinho

Post #11by kikinho » 08.10.2004, 00:00

Don't worry, I will do a new system with some planets of Somaris system, but the graphics will be better and more customized than that I made with Lunarcell, that generate random textures.

Topic author
kikinho

Post #12by kikinho » 08.10.2004, 00:11

I did a new planet called Aqualakezome, is the fifth planet and have a biosphere similar to earth, but the color of jungles are bright pink, have many mountains, have a bigger radius than Earth, have many lakes and the color of sky is green instead of blue, due to the higher atmosphere pressure. The water is green because it reflects the color of the sky. The same thing happens in Earth.

The Rabud star looks like better than on what I did before. The star now has a disk around it and jets, similar to a pulsar.

I will do now a moon for this planet and a sixth planet.

Topic author
kikinho

Post #13by kikinho » 08.10.2004, 02:31

I intend to create a script describing all planets and major moons of this system. I'm creating now new moons to Alexkidabrilandia and a sixth planet.

My intention is to create a perfect system with a white hotter and bigger star than Sun, but with less ultraviolet radiation. This star has a special structure that break the helium atom, formed by the fusion of hidrogen, separating the protons and eletrons and transforming into hidrogen. This result in a star with infinite hidrogen fuel, using a process of recycling it's own fuel. This process also transform part of the emmited light in matter, transforming it in hidrogen. It's a perfect star that will live forever, and one day Rabud in a very big cluster of same stars with the size of a big galaxy will be the only part of the universe with life.

Topic author
kikinho

Post #14by kikinho » 08.10.2004, 03:49

I did the sixth planet called Jerivania. It's a big ball of ice bigger than our planet! The radius size ( 16435 ) is between Earth and Neptune.

And it's surface map:

Now, I'm starting doing it's tiny moons.

Topic author
kikinho

Post #15by kikinho » 08.10.2004, 20:53

I sad that a game called Sonic 2 and a dream I had gave me the idea to create this system.

Here are some images of this great old game I played a lot when I was child.

Topic author
kikinho

Post #16by kikinho » 13.10.2004, 15:42

What do you think of using these cenario textures in my planets?

Evil Dr Ganymede

Post #17by Evil Dr Ganymede » 13.10.2004, 16:42

Well, I'm pretty impressed that you can make planet textures out of a side-scrolling platform game :D

Cham M
With us: 20 years 8 months

Post #18by Cham » 13.10.2004, 17:41

O God ! This thread is so surealistic ! :roll:
"Well! I've often seen a cat without a grin", thought Alice; "but a grin without a cat! It's the most curious thing I ever saw in all my life!"

Post #19by Guest » 05.01.2005, 17:52

Awesome system. I hope it is for 1.4xx, cause I am currently using it, and dont know how to change it. :lol:

Perhaps you should set an nebulae behind the planet system, in the "Ran: Billow Maidens V2" it looked awesome.

Topic author
kikinho

Post #20by kikinho » 06.01.2005, 11:06

I am currenctly working on another system. Rabud system is so old. And the textures are not good as my recent add-ons. But I'll see if I can update this system. :)
One day we will swim in the subsurface ocean of Europa and take shower in ethane lakes of Titan.

Return to “Add-on development”