Translators wanted

General discussion about Celestia that doesn't fit into other forums.

Post #41by Guest » 07.10.2003, 15:45

Christophe wrote:I've put up a status page where translators can retrieve their message file merged with the latest strings in CVS.

It's not really necessary to keep your message file perfectly in sync with CVS, at least not before we're in a freeze before a release. You we'll be given a couple week's notice before a release to finish up your work.

Hi Christophe.
Do you already have the italian version?

Bye - Paolo

Topic author
Christophe
Developer
With us: 22 years 2 months

Post #42by Christophe » 07.10.2003, 16:14

Anonymous wrote:Hi Christophe.
Do you already have the italian version?

Nop, nobody has contributed an italian translation yet. You can go ahead!
Christophe

Paolo
With us: 22 years

Post #43by Paolo » 12.10.2003, 09:13

I've sent the italian version of PO file to you private address.
I hope that is correct. :)

Bye - Paolo
Remember: Time always flows, it is the most precious thing that we have.
My Celestia - Celui

Topic author
Christophe
Developer

Post #44by Christophe » 12.10.2003, 09:35

Paolo wrote:I've sent the italian version of PO file to you private address.
I hope that is correct. :)

Bye - Paolo

I haven't received it. My address is chris at teyssier.org.
Christophe

steffens

Post #45by steffens » 20.10.2003, 10:30

I still have no success translating these standard items. My example was the menu entry showing as "&Home" in untranslated Celestia and as "Dateianfang" in my german version.
I manually tried to add several msgid's to the de.po - without success. Maybe this is because "Home" is a KStdAction while other items are declared as "new KAction(i18n(...)...)"? Is there a way to give standard actions custom names? Or could this be modified to be a custom action as well?

steffens

jamarsa
With us: 21 years 5 months

Post #46by jamarsa » 22.10.2003, 00:16

steffens wrote:I still have no success translating these standard items. My example was the menu entry showing as "&Home" in untranslated Celestia and as "Dateianfang" in my german version.
I manually tried to add several msgid's to the de.po - without success. Maybe this is because "Home" is a KStdAction while other items are declared as "new KAction(i18n(...)...)"? Is there a way to give standard actions custom names? Or could this be modified to be a custom action as well?

steffens

Did you recompile and install the .po file? You must make a 'msgfmt <filename>.po' and then install the .mo in a directory used by the i18n routines (mine is /usr/share/locale/es/LC_MESSAGES/celestia.mo). That is, if you don't recompile the entire program...

Post #47by Guest » 22.10.2003, 13:00

jamarsa wrote:Did you recompile and install the .po file? You must make a 'msgfmt <filename>.po' and then install the .mo in a directory used by the i18n routines (mine is /usr/share/locale/es/LC_MESSAGES/celestia.mo). That is, if you don't recompile the entire program...

Yes, I did.

jamarsa
With us: 21 years 5 months

Post #48by jamarsa » 22.10.2003, 23:01

Sorry, I should have paid more attention to your previous posts.. You mean the 'standard' menu entries added by the standard KDE framework. I think you should go for the sources of the kde i18n files, find what one is including these standard actions (kdelibs.po, maybe?), recompile and install it. But the drawback is that you get all the 'Home' entries all over KDE applications translated to the new 'meaning'... Another way could be to change the kdeapp.cpp to create a KAction instead of a KStdAction. Christophe has the last word in this, of course.

steffens

Post #49by steffens » 23.10.2003, 08:39

jamarsa wrote:I think you should go for the sources of the kde i18n files, find what one is including these standard actions (kdelibs.po, maybe?), recompile and install it. But the drawback is that you get all the 'Home' entries all over KDE applications translated to the new 'meaning'... Another way could be to change the kdeapp.cpp to create a KAction instead of a KStdAction. Christophe has the last word in this, of course.

Well, the first one is no option of course, as the meaning of "home" in celestia is VERY special (go to our sun) and should not override the standard action for every kde app. You can't tell any user that wants translated celestia to mess with his standard messages anyway.
The second way, to create a KAction, was my proposal too, but I don't know if there might be other reasons for using KStdAction other than that these are predefined. Lets see what Christophe thinks about that.

steffens

Post #50by Guest » 25.10.2003, 23:53

I will be wiling to translate into ANDALUSIAN language. ?Ol? mis guevos peluos!

Post #51by Guest » 27.10.2003, 09:40

I can start translating Celestia into FINNISH as soon as I get Windows dumped and get Linux running... may take some time.. but anyway it's coming...

Ryhdyn ty?st?m??n suomenkielist? k??nn?st? Celestia:lle. Jos olet halukas auttamaan, yhteystietoni l?ytyv?t alla olevasta osoitteesta :)

Gaselli / http://sininen.kaisla.org

Topic author
Christophe
Developer

Post #52by Christophe » 27.10.2003, 22:09

Steffens, Jamarsa,

I've changed Home into a KAction and I've updated the pot and po files, translation now works for the menu entry.
Christophe

Topic author
Christophe
Developer

Post #53by Christophe » 27.10.2003, 23:35

Anonymous wrote:I will be wiling to translate into ANDALUSIAN language. ?Ol? mis guevos peluos!

If you can, then by all means please do!

Get the POT file here and send me the translated file (chris at teyssier.org)
Christophe

Return to “Celestia Users”