Leaving, too...

General discussion about Celestia that doesn't fit into other forums.
Topic author
t00fri
Developer
With us: 22 years 6 months

Leaving, too...

Post #1by t00fri » 05.06.2003, 15:55

????????????????????????????????????
Last edited by t00fri on 06.06.2003, 07:16, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
t00fri
Developer

Post #2by t00fri » 05.06.2003, 15:56

??????????????????????????????????
Last edited by t00fri on 06.06.2003, 07:17, edited 1 time in total.

Christophe
Developer
With us: 22 years 2 months

Re: That seems to be it...

Post #3by Christophe » 05.06.2003, 19:13

t00fri wrote:despite my offer for PEACE,

This is not really WAR, now is it? We all know what war is really about. This matter has been blown out of proportion, it's a tempest in a teapot!

t00fri wrote:Don has apparently decided not to delete his two offensive
posts with his unqualified "psycho analysis" about myself.

Don is often provocative and over-reacting, I can live with that. In any case giving him this ultimatum wasn't the best thing to do to resolve the matter, if there was indeed a matter.

Knowing Don did you really expect him to comply and apologize? The chances for this to succeed where very slim to say the least... Nobody's perfect and we should learn to live with it.

t00fri wrote:In a community where letters of Don's style remain posted, there is
definitely no place for me. So I shall proceed as announced above

and leave Celestia Development and the Forum as of tonight.

Despite my high professional work load recently, I have enjoyed
spending as much time as I could to work for the benefit of Celestia.

It was a most pleasant experience to work closely together with Chris, Christophe and more recently also Grant in the Celestia 'code' department.

I enjoyed working with you too, I can only hope that this is nothing but a knee-jerk reaction from a pissed-off guy after an over-heated argument.

If you were -- you and Don, for that matter -- to maintain your decision, I would find this very disappointing and disheartening. You've both spent a lot of your valuable spare time working on improving Celestia, so it and its community obviously means something to you, that you can leave it over so trivial disagreements is bewildering...
Christophe

jamarsa
With us: 21 years 5 months

Post #4by jamarsa » 05.06.2003, 19:52

Please fridger, don't go!!! You and Don are two of the most valuable and helpful people here, and it would be a terrible loss to all of us. Adding to the feeling I have of losing friends; I have been here too little time to become a friend of you, I know, and you can take this as a bit of presumption of me, but I say this to show that you are losing a lot of friends too, both de facto and potential ones. Please take a little break if you want, but I think you two MUST return and, perhaps in time, both of you could say sorry to each other. Both of you have room here, the reality and the imaginary - I like both, as I have said sometimes.

billybob884
With us: 22 years 1 month

Post #5by billybob884 » 06.06.2003, 02:56

oh, shit. something tells me this is my fault....
Mike M.

TacoTopia!

Don. Edwards
With us: 22 years

Post #6by Don. Edwards » 06.06.2003, 05:04

Fridger,
The massages have been removed :!:

billybob884,
You had nothing to do with what happened. This was a problem between Fridger and myself and I feel I made the right choice for all involved.

Peace :D

Don.
I am officially a retired member.
I might answer a PM or a post if its relevant to something.

Ah, never say never!!
Past texture releases, Hmm let me think about it

Thanks for your understanding.

Topic author
t00fri
Developer

Post #7by t00fri » 06.06.2003, 07:22

Don. Edwards wrote:Fridger,
The massages have been removed :!:

billybob884,
You had nothing to do with what happened. This was a problem between Fridger and myself and I feel I made the right choice for all involved.

Peace :D

Don.

I am happy to see you are back, Don!

I have also eliminated all my answers.
I suggest you also eliminate you last one (" tired of ...") in the Pluto thread, it is not "up to date" anymore!

So we are both back and this whole thread could also be eliminated by Chris as concerns myself. I cannot do it.

Bye Fridger

Don.

Post #8by Don. » 06.06.2003, 08:37

Fridger,
I am not back. I simply came into some house cleaning so to speak.
I said I would only return occasionally as a lurker and that’s how it will remain for now.

Don.

billybob884
With us: 22 years 1 month

Post #9by billybob884 » 06.06.2003, 11:25

I personally am VERY relieved to see fridger is back, for a while I almost considered leaving too. Now all we have to do is convince Don that he shouldn't have to scour the forum in secrecy. I guess we can only hope for the best now.
Mike M.

TacoTopia!

the bluemarble guy
With us: 21 years 7 months

Post #10by the bluemarble guy » 06.06.2003, 12:06

this is very great. everybody is all friends again.

jamarsa
With us: 21 years 5 months

Post #11by jamarsa » 06.06.2003, 12:26

I think there have to pass some time now, to allow the wounds to be healed... But there are steps in the right way already. I feel relieved too. I seek these days this place for peace and beauty, and yesterday I got very worried about this problem. Please Don, take a time to think before you do anything you could regret later. You know you will lose a lot by leaving, and we too...

-------------------------------------------------
Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you got till it's gone
They paved paradise, and put up a parking lot

Counting Crows&Vanessa Carlton, "Big Yellow Taxi"
-------------------------------------------------

Sum0

Post #12by Sum0 » 06.06.2003, 16:56

billybob884 wrote:I personally am VERY relieved to see fridger is back, for a while I almost considered leaving too.

I agree... I think if Fridger and Don both left totally, after the loss of Rassilon earlier, I'd certainly feel as if Celestia had lost most of its "gurus", so to speak, and it just wouldn't be the same. Luckily it seems as if that will not be the case.

Don, please maintain your activeness in this forum and project...
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Return to “Celestia Users”