The Grand Voyage: Cueball and other less interesting planets

The home for finished/released addons.
Topic author
trappistplanets
With us: 4 years 2 months

The Grand Voyage: Cueball and other less interesting planets

Post #1by trappistplanets » 13.03.2022, 01:51

Welcome to some cueball planets, Stellar Voyager
There are also systems out there that don't have anything to crazy around them, instead mostly normal planets and cueball planets orbit in these systems

Welcome to Kepler-90 and its 8 mysterious planets that lurk around Kepler-90
kepler-90.jpg
not to scale

the inner 3 planets are rocky super-earths
Kepler-90 c has the lowest chance of retaining a significant atmosphere, and so may sport a rather thin (0.1-1 bar) atmosphere, probably rich in sulfur compounds. In combination with a modest sulfurorganic haze, the surface would be partially obscured by a fuzzy dark orange atmosphere (similar to the opacity of Earth's atmosphere)
in contrast Kepler-90 i would be the most likely to sport a CO2 dominated atmosphere thick enough to fully obscure the surface (>20 bar). The nightside may have some visible alkali clouds, which would be slightly lighter and greyer than the grey-brown hazy atmosphere.
Kepler-90 b would lie somewhere in the middle, though probably leaning more towards an opaque atmosphere like Kepler-90 i.
(modified quote from dangerous_safety) NOTE:the 3rd rocky is called i because of discovery date, not orbital order

Close up shots of rocky planets
ROCKYS.jpg

Kepler-90 d through Kepler-90 g are acidian class planets with lots of haze, Kepler-90 g is a superpuff planet, but still look nearly identical as it's 3 closer in counterparts

Kepler-90 h is a hydronian class planet around the size of jupiter but not as massive, it may look like it doesn't belong in the system, but it does and here's why
In principle, d through h should form a rather smooth continuum between dark hazy titan and a lightly bleached Jupiter, as their H2SO4 and later H2O clouds rise to more visible heights. g however breaks that trend by being an especially hazy superpuff, which in turn causes h to stand out more.
(quote from dangerous_safety)

if you don't know what any of the planet classification terms mean, just look here https://orionsarm.com/eg-article/5e724eb65b934)

CREDITS
HUGE THANKS to dangerous_safety for helping me achieve scientific plausible planets
Requires Tom's exoplanet catalog to work!
Credits to FargetaNick, fyr, (2 unknown/forgotten sorces, parts of the rocky plane textures were from sources i forgot where they came from), and Juno (and the people who processes them on UMSF) (used juno data for planet H)
surface textures for D, E, F, G were hand painted using filters in gimp

DOWNLOAD AN ACCURATE KEPLER-90 BELOW!
kepler-90.zip
(13.21 MiB) Downloaded 136 times
Last edited by trappistplanets on 28.03.2022, 22:14, edited 4 times in total.
There is a limit to how far we can travel into the stars.
Owner of "The Grand Voyage" addon series
Collaborating with Dangerous_safety for the still developing Cer system

DrJMOS
With us: 4 years

Post #2by DrJMOS » 14.03.2022, 16:28

trappistplanets wrote:if you don't know what any of the planet classification terms mean, just look here https://orionsarm.com/eg-article/5e724eb65b934)

Hi Trappist, very interesting classification
My avatar is part of my custom splash viewtopic.php?f=5&t=20457#p151900
List of my addons here viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20724

Topic author
trappistplanets

Post #3by trappistplanets » 14.03.2022, 19:24

DrJMOS wrote:very
i think thats better than basic Sudarsky exoclass types
because it narrows down what your planet in question may look like even farther

Added after 25 seconds:
huh weird, quote came out weird

Topic author
trappistplanets

The Grand Voyage: 40 Eridani A b

Post #4by trappistplanets » 22.03.2022, 20:48

Welcome to 40 Eri A b, stellar voyager

40 Eri A b is a minineptune planet found using radial velocity, than later "disproven", than bright "back from the dead" thanks to Gurren Lagann, when he recovered the planet in the RV data he was looking at. 40 Eri A b is a sulfolian type planet around 0.026407 Jupiter masses (value from gurren's fit), the planet doesn't have any visible bands like Jupiter, it how ever has a chance of having some cloud streaking (think Neptune). This world orbits its host star every 42.3069 days (value from gurren's fit) with an orbital eccentricity of 0.334607 (value from gurren's fit). The planet's radial displacement (K) is 1.83 (value from gurren's fit)

40 Eri A b.png

DOWNLOAD A REALISTIC 40 Eridani A b
40 Eri A b.zip
(168.75 KiB) Downloaded 139 times

Thanks to Dangerous_safety (helping me with planet's looks) and Gurren Lagann (gave me his planet's fit values, NOTE: any given value may not be 100% as gurren is a amateur)

Return to “Add-on releases”