*- CELESTIA SOUND SYSTEM -*

The place to discuss creating, porting and modifying Celestia's source code.
Topic author
Borg Collective
With us: 21 years 10 months

*- CELESTIA SOUND SYSTEM -*

Post #1by Borg Collective » 17.05.2003, 17:21

We have finished the first stable version of Celestia Sound System ("CSS"). You can download it from here:

http://www.stuhli.inet.ba/CSS.zip

Current version supports 800x600 resolution and runs in fullscreen mode (others resolutions in the next version).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CELESTIA SOUND SYSTEM.EXE (with file BW.mod) MUST BE PLACED
IN CELESTIA'S MAIN DIRECTORY OR OTHERWISE IT WON'T WORK!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Report problems and suggestions here.
What am I doing? Ah, nothing much. Just laying on my bed, watching the stars, and sky, and keep asking myself: 'Where the Hell is my Roof?'.

Topic author
Borg Collective

Post #2by Borg Collective » 18.05.2003, 04:10

Additional information:
1. You copy Celestia Sound System into Celestia's main directory
2. You run Celestia Sound System INSTEAD Celestia

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would anyone dare to respond? Over 80 views and yet not even one of you individuals replied.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What am I doing? Ah, nothing much. Just laying on my bed, watching the stars, and sky, and keep asking myself: 'Where the Hell is my Roof?'.

alegator
With us: 21 years 9 months

Very unstable

Post #3by alegator » 18.05.2003, 05:12

Tested it and corrupted the whole screen. Sound was corrupted too. Had to uninstall.
I have Celestia v1.2.5 running on the following machine:
Dell Dimension8200
WinXP Pro/SP1
P4 2.53Ghz 533MhzFSB
2Gb RDRAM PC800
ATI RADEON8500 PRO 128MB videocard
Viewsonic VP230mb 23.1" LCD 1600x1200 native
2 HD 120Gb each

Topic author
Borg Collective

Post #4by Borg Collective » 18.05.2003, 10:03

We have removed background music (which means you have to open the music by yourself). Also, it doesn't run in FullScreen anymore.

This simplified version supports the playback of CDs.

Download link:
http://www.stuhli.inet.ba/CSS-CD.zip

All install instructions are the same. Tooltips are present on all buttons and thus providing the help needed.

ElPelado
With us: 21 years 5 months

Post #5by ElPelado » 18.05.2003, 10:12

i dont understand why you did that program or plug-in. i have the winamp and when i run celestia, it works perfect. i dont need another music program.
---------X---------
EL XENTENARIO
1905-2005

My page:
http://www.urielpelado.com.ar
My Gallery:
http://www.celestiaproject.net/gallery/view_al ... y-Universe

Topic author
Borg Collective

Post #6by Borg Collective » 18.05.2003, 10:21

Let's say you have a (big?) presentation with Celestia (remember ANDREA? He's having them). Surely it would look "very nice" while in the middle of presentation you switch to WinAMP to change the music.

We are developing the way of running Celestia files with Music (for one SCC file one music file). Andrea needs everything automated (he is giving the lecture about Solar System, NOT WinAMP).
Last edited by Borg Collective on 18.05.2003, 10:55, edited 1 time in total.

ElPelado
With us: 21 years 5 months

Post #7by ElPelado » 18.05.2003, 10:27

but in winamp you can program. you put the songs that you want and put play. and it works like a cd, when one song finish, the next one starts.
---------X---------

EL XENTENARIO

1905-2005

My page:

http://www.urielpelado.com.ar

My Gallery:

http://www.celestiaproject.net/gallery/view_al ... y-Universe

Topic author
Borg Collective

Post #8by Borg Collective » 18.05.2003, 11:10

You think we didn't thought about that?
Download this program... Our MP3 Player... Still in development...

http://www.stuhli.inet.ba/MP3.zip

Topic author
Borg Collective

Post #9by Borg Collective » 20.05.2003, 12:35

We need more testers. Try it and report any problems along with your computer configuration.

marc
With us: 22 years 6 months

Post #10by marc » 21.05.2003, 10:27

I tried it, yeah OK.....

I deleted it and then ran celestia again and found that the top part of the window was out of the screen!, I couldnt move it back to somewhere useful again.
I had to change to a higher resolution to fix it. I pity the person who tries this with their monitor already at its highest resoloution.

Ill stick to winamp and phoenix.

billybob884
With us: 22 years 1 month

Post #11by billybob884 » 21.05.2003, 11:32

my monitor is set as high as it will go, and i havent had this problem
Mike M.

TacoTopia!

marc
With us: 22 years 6 months

Post #12by marc » 21.05.2003, 13:54

I was using the first version.

Topic author
Borg Collective

Post #13by Borg Collective » 21.05.2003, 15:05

To the individual designated as "marc":

We have encountered the same problem. The repair is a too complex to repair it in this testing version. Once the overall usebility of program has increased to the acceptable level this error will be fixed also.

Problem: Celestia's Main window is off focus
Solution: Press ALT+SPACE combination of keys. This combination of keys will show a CONTOL MENU which can be normally activated by clicking on icon in Upper-Left corner of the window currently openedSelect "MOVE" option. Without moving or clicking with the mouse, press and hold SHIFT key while pressing the down and right arrows. This will result in a relocation of the window. Once you are satisfied with it's location press ENTER key.
Result: Window moves and becomes fully visible.

As you can see, a self-repair for this problem is not hard to achieve.

In 56 hours we are continuing development and these new feature will be present:
- Playlist creation, editing, and saving
- Slighlty improved interface
- Built in Web Browser
- Resolution setting

We can not guarantee that all of these features will be built in instantly, but you can expect an overall improvement.

Topic author
Borg Collective

Post #14by Borg Collective » 23.05.2003, 17:52

We are back and continuing the development. Post your suggestions and proposals here, now.

Return to “Development”