flat earth (continues ptolemaic thread)

General discussion about Celestia that doesn't fit into other forums.
Sum0
With us: 22 years 6 months

Post #41by Sum0 » 20.04.2002, 20:19

I wouldn't call algae pointless... ^_^ but I see your point. All of the Galilen moons, because of the strange gravity heating, could harbour life (and Callisto might also have an sub-ocean). However, from our previous record of predicting what we will find in the outer solar system, all our predictions will undoubtedly be wrong but they will be replaced by something even more amazing. We sent the Voyagers to study Io - we found a possible ocean on Europa. We send a probe to Europa... who knows what we might find? I love this solar system...
I like the volcano idea - any chance of doing it with that comet tail thing Chris (I think) is working on?
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Post #42by Guest » 21.04.2002, 12:09

I agree, we just don't know what's out there. Just exploring and explaining this solar system will probably take centuries more or longer, let alone what happens when we really get into space travel...
I think the volcanoes with the comet tail would depend on exactly what kind of results it produces, as well as whether or not it could be timed. I imagine- and hope- Chris will put the tails in only when they're near the Sun which might be a different kettle of fish to putting them in randomly, as for a volcano.

(Mad Boris)

Return to “Celestia Users”