About Celestia, WinAmp and Mp3 listening

The place to discuss creating, porting and modifying Celestia's source code.
Topic author
parduz
With us: 21 years 4 months

About Celestia, WinAmp and Mp3 listening

Post #1by parduz » 21.04.2003, 10:10

I've see in a topic that some ppl is searching a way to "sync" a MP3 player with Celestia. What i can say about it is that (theoretically) we don't need external programs, other than Winamp 2.xx

2 or 3 years ago i help a friend in building a Car Mp3Player , using Winamp 2.xx. Winamp can be controlled by messages; i can't remember now if DDE message or what, and again if with a plugin was needed, anyway it works.
What i don't know is if Celestia can send messages to other programs with scripts, nore if it's possible hacking, subclassing or whatever else Celestia to know when a message between Celestia and WinAmp is needed. But i think implementing WinAmp messages, or even MCI messages in Celestia is a ridicolous task for our great Celestia developers ;)

Borg Collective
With us: 21 years 9 months

Post #2by Borg Collective » 13.05.2003, 15:45

We were working on development of Music Background for Celestia for quite some time but due to limitations that existed we never completed it totaly. We were also away from the forums for a longer period of time. Now when we are back, the development is progressing again. In a week, you might cruising the space with 'phones on your ears...
What am I doing? Ah, nothing much. Just laying on my bed, watching the stars, and sky, and keep asking myself: 'Where the Hell is my Roof?'.

FXS
With us: 22 years 5 months

Post #3by FXS » 13.05.2003, 16:17

I think the BASS.DLL is one of the best Music and Sound - DLLs. This DLL is easy to use in own programms. This DLL is only for Free-Ware-Projects free.

bye,
FXS

Borg Collective

Post #4by Borg Collective » 13.05.2003, 16:47

Althought we came with our own solution that can play MP3, WAV, MID, MOD, CD and similar formats, we would like to further analyse the file you mentioned. Where is it located?
What am I doing? Ah, nothing much. Just laying on my bed, watching the stars, and sky, and keep asking myself: 'Where the Hell is my Roof?'.

Borg Collective

Post #5by Borg Collective » 17.05.2003, 18:03

As we said, but not in a week but in 5 days... We have completed first stable version of Celestia Sound System. Check the sticky thread under same name in Development section of Celestia Forums.

Matt McIrvin
With us: 22 years 6 months

and for Mac users...

Post #6by Matt McIrvin » 28.05.2003, 02:16

iTunes is also quite scriptable. I haven't explored this in much detail, but other people have written scripts to control just about every feature of its operation. It should be pretty easy to generate the events to make it do things from within a modified Mac Celestia, if some Mac hacker is so inclined.

(Personally, I'm satisfied with just queuing up some songs while I fly around in space, which doesn't require any interaction between the two at all!)

Return to “Development”