Latest Celestia Windows & macOS builds compiled from git (added a working macOS binary built with Qt5)

The place to discuss creating, porting and modifying Celestia's source code.
Chuft-Captain
With us: 18 years 6 months

Re: Latest Celestia from SVN Windows (Qt4 added), Mac (5044)

Post #61by Chuft-Captain » 27.09.2012, 00:08

FYI,

I just downloaded the latest build(s), and no problems at all with my virus program (NOD32, which has a reputation for being pretty strong).
Thanks for doing these builds Guillermo.

I also have some feedback for the DEVs about the new features, but I'll make those comments in a separate thread.

CC
"Is a planetary surface the right place for an expanding technological civilization?"
-- Gerard K. O'Neill (1969)

CATALOG SYNTAX HIGHLIGHTING TOOLS LAGRANGE POINTS

PlutonianEmpire M
With us: 19 years 9 months

Post #62by PlutonianEmpire » 27.09.2012, 02:19

abramson wrote:Oh, I see. I didn't mean that some improvements were removed. Just that there are no new improvements (that I am aware of). Actually, the new star renderer is not complete, it has some issues. But nobody would fix them. :(
Hmm, I do recall some teaser videos or screenshots a year or so ago of some improvements to how atmospheres are rendered in OpenGL 2.0, so when you said the quotes on the last page, I had assumed that maybe the improvements to the OGL2.0 atmospheres had been included at one point in time.
Terraformed Pluto: Now with New Horizons maps! :D

Mariusz Kuźmiński
With us: 11 years 11 months

Post #63by Mariusz Kuźmiński » 21.10.2012, 13:48

What about orbital parameters for important Solar System bodies in last build version? They are updated or are to be updated in full 1.7.0?

abramson
With us: 20 years 11 months

Post #64by abramson » 21.10.2012, 14:39

Mariusz Ku?mi?ski wrote:What about orbital parameters for important Solar System bodies in last build version? They are updated or are to be updated in full 1.7.0?
Orbital parameters, as well as any other parameters, textures, exoplanets, new moons, etc, are not included in the executable.

If you download the full SVN source you will have access to all the new stuff (the new Alf Cen Bb, for example). Even if you do not build the executable yourself, you can just drop mine in the proper folder and run it there. See the wikibook if you need assistance on downloading from SVN.

Return to “Development”