NEW addon : The volcanoes of the World

Post requests, images, descriptions and reports about work in progress here.
Topic author
Cham M
With us: 20 years 8 months

Re: NEW addon : The volcanoes of the World

Post #21by Cham » 14.08.2008, 14:27

Unfortunately, the database I used don't gives the dates.
"Well! I've often seen a cat without a grin", thought Alice; "but a grin without a cat! It's the most curious thing I ever saw in all my life!"

t00fri
Developer
With us: 22 years 6 months

Post #22by t00fri » 14.08.2008, 14:27

ElChristou wrote:Not a bad idea!

... as usual, I hope ;-)

Actually one might display the global quakes during the past week, say in flashing mode. This might even provide some suggestions about (timing) correlations and global propagations of quakes ...

Fridger
Last edited by t00fri on 15.08.2008, 14:05, edited 2 times in total.

t00fri
Developer

Post #23by t00fri » 14.08.2008, 14:29

Cham wrote:Unfortunately, the database I used don't gives the dates.

which dates? Are you referring to volcano eruptions now? I am sure that the data base I know about quakes has lots of detailed info for a great quake overlay.

Fridger

BillC
With us: 21 years 2 months

Post #24by BillC » 15.08.2008, 13:29

Ah Fridger, you're a tease!

I looked at Cham's volcano source (http://160.111.247.173/), and sure enough, there is a category for last-known eruption. The last 2000 years are divided into 6 groups, and the volcanoes are assigned to either one of these groups, or to unknown.

So the volcano base circle could be one of a range of 7 colors. The trick is how to do this. A blunt approach would be to create 7 different circle CMOD's of the 7 different colors, and assign them appropriately to each volcano SSC entry.

However, I'd love to have only one mesh, and somehow change its color for each entry. I understand that it can't be done through the SSC file, but can be done with a CELX script (http://www.shatters.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12482). Unfortunately, I'm a real beginner with Lua. I'll start with the blunt approach, and then maybe poke around with a script.

There are also several volcano types indicated - maybe I could adjust the diameter of the circle depending on the type while I'm at it.
BillC

t00fri
Developer

Post #25by t00fri » 15.08.2008, 14:10

BillC wrote:Ah Fridger, you're a tease!

I looked at Cham's volcano source (http://160.111.247.173/), and sure enough, there is a category for last-known eruption. The last 2000 years are divided into 6 groups, and the volcanoes are assigned to either one of these groups, or to unknown.

So the volcano base circle could be one of a range of 7 colors. The trick is how to do this. A blunt approach would be to create 7 different circle CMOD's of the 7 different colors, and assign them appropriately to each volcano SSC entry.

However, I'd love to have only one mesh, and somehow change its color for each entry. I understand that it can't be done through the SSC file, but can be done with a CELX script (http://www.shatters.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12482). Unfortunately, I'm a real beginner with Lua. I'll start with the blunt approach, and then maybe poke around with a script.

There are also several volcano types indicated - maybe I could adjust the diameter of the circle depending on the type while I'm at it.

Excellent news (being "a tease" is nothing new ;-) )!

Implementing this in a Lua script is really no big deal and surely provides some good practice ;-) . One of our Lua wizards will presumably be happy to help out a bit. E.g Vincent?...

Fridger

Vincent
Developer
With us: 19 years 8 months

Post #26by Vincent » 19.08.2008, 09:34

t00fri wrote:Implementing this in a Lua script is really no big deal and surely provides some good practice ;-) . One of our Lua wizards will presumably be happy to help out a bit. E.g Vincent?...
I'm just back from a two weeks holidays in the south of France.
I'll see if I can help here. Just give me a day or two to get back in the rythme... :wink:
@+
Vincent

Celestia Qt4 SVN / Celestia 1.6.1 + Lua Edu Tools v1.2
GeForce 8600 GT 1024MB / AMD Athlon 64 Dual Core / 4Go DDR2 / XP SP3

Vincent
Developer

Post #27by Vincent » 20.08.2008, 11:56

Changing the color of the circle models via a celx script is possible after applying the patch I posted a few weeks ago in SF:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.p ... tid=371302
Emissive and diffuse both need to be set to '0, 0, 0' in the cmod, though:

Code: Select all

#celmodel__ascii
 material
  emissive 0 0 0
  diffuse 0 0 0
  opacity 0.3
 end_material

Then, we would just need to add, e.g., an exclamation mark '!' to the name of active volcanoes, and the following short script would do the trick:

-- Title: Set active volcanoes color to red.

earth = celestia:find("Sol/Earth")
earth_children = earth:getchildren()

for k, child in pairs (earth_children) do
   if child:getinfo().type == "surfacefeature" and string.sub(child:name(), -1, -1) == "!" then
      child:setsurfacecolor(1, 0, 0)
   end
end

Of course, as suggested by BillC, we could easily modify the script to add a range of 7 colors.
Then, we would just have to use, e.g., '!1', '!2', ... in the ssc declaration.
@+
Vincent

t00fri
Developer

Post #28by t00fri » 20.08.2008, 12:31

Excellent Vincent!

Your solution is along the lines I vagueley remembered from my occasional activities in Lua.
I think the activity flag of volcanoes is a VERY important information for such a display. Similarly, I could imagine, some earthquake activity layer could be very informative besides the volcano display.

Fridger

Vincent
Developer

Post #29by Vincent » 20.08.2008, 17:53

An alternative would be to simply use markers:

-- Title: Mark active volcanoes.

celestia:unmarkall()
celestia:setrenderflags {markers = true}

earth_children = earth:getchildren()

for k, child in pairs (earth_children) do
   if child:getinfo().type == "surfacefeature" and string.sub(child:name(), -1, -1) == "!" then
      child:mark("red", "triangle", 5, 0.7)
   end
end

Markers won't fade with distance, though...

Also, I'm not entirely happy with the use of the exclamation mark in the name.
It may be more elegant to add a lua file containing the list of volcanoes in activity.
This would be also handier since we wouldn't have to edit the .ssc file to keep the
data up-to-date.

t00fri wrote:Similarly, I could imagine, some earthquake activity layer could be very informative besides the volcano display.
Definitely ! The combination of volcanoes, tectonic plates and earthquakes layers would be very interesting !
@+
Vincent

BillC

Post #30by BillC » 26.08.2008, 02:08

Thank you Vincent. I was thinking of using the Color attribute in the SSC as a way to carry color information for the CMOD - I think I saw something like that in one of your scripts. I don't think the Color attribute will have any effect on the circles, and thus would be a "safe" way to carry this information, which could then be accessed by the script.

I have been in touch with Martin, and we seem to have two databases. His is from Google Earth, and it relies heavily but not completely on the Smithsonian database. I am attempting to reconcile the databases now. Unfortunately my workload just escalated (back to school!), so I'll get to it as soon as I can. But I am planning on a range of 7 colors from white (last eruption unknown or B.C.) through yellow (18th c. eruption) to red (21st c. eruption). And I still would like the circle diameter to represent the volcano type (the different types have different average sizes) - but would different diameter circles be construed as actual diameters of the volcanoes themselves?

I'll update again soon.
BillC

BillC

Post #31by BillC » 03.09.2008, 12:59

I've reconciled the databases, and have created new SSC files:

volcanoes.zip

The zip folder contains: volcano_locs.ssc, volcano_bases.ssc, circle_yellow.cmod

I have not written the script yet that will alter the cmod colors - that's next. So all the volcano bases appear as yellow circles, but the color information has been built into the ssc entries, as well as InfoURL entries for each volcano.

The circles are all the same radii - I still am concerned about altering circle diameter based on volcano type. Some of the volcano locations refer to single volcanoes (or volcanic features), while many locations refer to fields or groups of associated volcanic features. It's not clear how I could associate a diameter with a type without confusing the viewer about the actual extent of a given volcano, or field of volcanic features (or chain of volcanoes, etc.). With impact craters, an actual diameter is available, but not so for volcanic features. Maybe it's best to use a single, generic circle diameter. I did include type information in the ssc, however.

I don't have a good hi-res Earth texture, so please check for any obvious problems.
BillC

BillC

Post #32by BillC » 07.09.2008, 20:47

Update:

So I've discovered that the Color attribute is not accessible in a celx script. This means I'll have to employ a hack - Vincent has used the trick of adding information to an object's name, but I don't want to do that. It turns out that Mass is accessible, and since Celestia doesn't do anything with the Mass attribute, I can safely place my color/date info there. Still a hack, though.

It occurs to me that it could be useful (certainly in this case) to have an SSC attribute called Custom, which could be either a string or a number. Celestia would ignore this attribute when rendering, but it would be accessible in a script (as in object:getinfo().custom). This could be a way for an author to encode information that might be unique to an object (or group of objects), as in this case where I want to employ the date of last eruption for these volcanoes.

I have a request: I don't have the wherewithal to build my own copy of Celestia - I've been relying on Cartrite's regular build (thank you!!), but his build apparently doesn't include Vincent's patch that allows for use of object:setsurfacecolor. Is there a copy of celestia.exe for Windows somewhere that includes this patch?

Good news - I may have just discovered a similar database for earthquakes. I'll check it out and report back.
BillC

Vincent
Developer

Post #33by Vincent » 07.09.2008, 21:20

BillC wrote:I have a request: I don't have the wherewithal to build my own copy of Celestia - I've been relying on Cartrite's regular build (thank you!!), but his build apparently doesn't include Vincent's patch that allows for use of object:setsurfacecolor. Is there a copy of celestia.exe for Windows somewhere that includes this patch?
BillC,

I should be able to provide an .exe file that includes the setcolor scripting feature by tomorrow.

As for the volcano_locs.ssc file, I'd suggest to change the Type from "MO" to "ER" (Eruptive Center = volcano).
This way, one will be able to toggle the volcano labelling using the new volcano checkbox that was recently added
to the different UIs, or via the corresponding celx function.
@+
Vincent

Vincent
Developer

Post #34by Vincent » 07.09.2008, 21:33

Just another suggestion: you could use the Beginning field in the .ssc declaration to define the date of last-known eruption.
This field is accessible in celx via the object:getinfo().lifespanStart call...
@+
Vincent

BillC

Post #35by BillC » 08.09.2008, 01:27

Hey Vincent,

Thanks! I didn't know there was an ER Type, it's definitely more appropriate (though my version of Celestia doesn't have the volcano checkbox. Is there a list somewhere of all the location types?)

I'll PM my email address to you, unless you want to upload celestia.exe in a zip file here.

I had thought of using the Beginning attribute, but the date I'm using is for the last known eruption. If you were to go back in time to before that eruption, wouldn't the volcano indicator disappear from view? That seems to me a problem (especially for 21st century eruptions), but maybe it isn't. I guess the location marker and label wouldn't disappear.

About earthquakes - It looks like I can get a dataset not unlike the volcano set. I've created a star-shaped CMOD for the earthquakes, and could color-code them by date to match the colors of the volcano eruption dates. I could also alter the diameters to signify the intensity of the earthquake. (Now here I definitely could use the Beginning attribute.)
BillC

t00fri
Developer

Post #36by t00fri » 08.09.2008, 08:47

Fun to watch what you guys are experimenting here ;-)

Fridger

BillC

Post #37by BillC » 10.09.2008, 13:28

Update: Thank you Vincent for supplying me with what I needed to work this out. Now I have a new problem. The script for changing the CMOD color works just fine, but not if Emissive is set to true in the SSC. Without Emissive true, I get colored circles, but they are visible only where the sun is shining on Earth.

Now this makes sense - a surface feature would be dark at night and lit during the day. But the original point of this exercise was not to make a surface feature as such. The surface feature is the volcano itself, visible on the Earth texture. What I wanted was more like a location feature, independent of the location label. The location feature would stay visible so you could see the distribution of volcanoes with respect to the tectonic plate boundaries (which are emissive as well).

So back to the blunt approach - 7 different colored cmods. This approach works just fine, and without any questionable hacks in the SSC.

I'll put a package together for download, but not until a bit later in the week.
BillC

Vincent
Developer

Post #38by Vincent » 10.09.2008, 14:11

Bill,

I wrote a script that toggles the visibility of the volcanoes and the volcano labels exclusively.
That means that other "surfacefeatures" won't be affected! :)

To do so, I had to include the volcano data base as a table inside the script.
There's an issue, though: some volcanoes are identically defined as "Unnamed"
in the list. Thus, the toggle visibility function doesn't work for these volcanoes.

So, would it be possible to rename these volcanoes as "Unnamed1", "Unnamed2", etc ?

Here's a first version of the script for testing:

obs = celestia:getobserver()

volcano_flag = obs:getlocationflags().volcano
volcano_flag = not(volcano_flag)
obs:setlocationflags{volcano = volcano_flag}

if volcano_flag then
   celestia:print("Volcanoes enabled")
else
   celestia:print("Volcanoes disabled")
end

volcano_list =
{
 "West Eifel Volcanic Field",  "Cha?ne des Puys",  "Olot Volcanic Field",  "Calatrava Volcanic Field",  "Larderello",  "Amiata",  "Vulsini",  "Alban Hills",  "Campi Flegrei",  "Vesuvius",  "Ischia",  "Stromboli",  "Panarea",  "Lipari",  "Vulcano",  "Etna",  "Campi Flegrei Mar Sicilia",  "Pantelleria",  "Methana",  "M?los",  "Santorini",  "Nisyros",  "Yali",  "Kos",  "Kula",  "Karapinar Field",  "Hasan Dagi",  "G?ll? Dag",  "Acig?l-Nevsehir",  "Erciyes Dagi",  "Karaca Dag",  "Nemrut Dagi",  "S?phan Dagi",  "Girekol",  "Tend?rek Dagi",  "Ararat",  "Kars Plateau",  "Elbrus",  "Kasbek",  "Kabargin Oth Group",  "Unnamed",  "Aragats",  "Ghegam Ridge",  "Dar-Alages",  "Porak",  "Tskhouk-Karckar",  "Jebel at Tair",  "Jebel Zubair",  "Zukur",  "Hanish",  "Jalua",  "Alid",  "Dallol",  "Gada Ale",  "Alu",  "Dalaffilla",  "Borale Ale",  "Erta Ale",  "Ale Bagu",  "Hayli Gubbi",  "Dubbi",  "Nabro",  "Mallahle",  "Sork Ale",  "Asavyo",  "Mat Ala",  "Tat Ali",  "Borawli",  "Afder?",  "Ma Alalta",  "Alayta",  "Dabbahu",  "Dabbayra",  "Manda Hararo",  "Groppo",  "Kurub",  "Manda-Inakir",  "Mousa Alli",  "Gufa",  "Assab Volcanic Field",  "Ardouk?ba",  "Garbes",  "Boina",  "Dama Ali",  "Gabillema",  "Yangudi",  "Ayelu",  "Adwa",  "Hertali",  "Liado Hayk",  "Dofen",  "Fentale",  "Beru",  "Kone",  "Boset-Bericha",  "Bishoftu Volcanic Field",  "Sodore",  "Gedamsa Caldera",  "Bora-Bericcio",  "Tullu Moje",  "East Zway",  "Butajiri-Silti Field",  "Alutu",  "O'a Caldera",  "Corbetti Caldera",  "Bilate River Field",  "Tepi",  "Hobicha Caldera",  "Chiracha",  "Tosa Sucha",  "Korath Range",  "Mega Basalt Field",  "North Island",  "Central Island",  "South Island",  "Marsabit",  "The Barrier",  "Namarunu",  "Segererua Plateau",  "Emuruangogolak",  "Silali",  "Paka",  "Bogoria",  "Korosi",  "Ol Kokwe",  "Nyambeni Hills",  "Menengai",  "Homa Mountain",  "Elmenteita Badlands",  "Ol Doinyo Eburru",  "Olkaria",  "Longonot",  "Suswa",  "Ol Doinyo Lengai",  "Chyulu Hills",  "Kilimanjaro",  "Meru",  "Igwisi Hills",  "SW Usangu Basin",  "Ngozi",  "Izumbwe-Mpoli",  "Rungwe",  "Kieyo",  "Fort Portal Field",  "Kyatwa Volcanic Field",  "Katwe-Kikorongo Field",  "Bunyaruguru Field",  "Katunga",  "May-ya-moto",  "Nyamuragira",  "Nyiragongo",  "Karisimbi",  "Visoke",  "Muhavura",  "Bufumbira",  "Tshibinda",  "Sao Tome",  "San Carlos",  "San Joaquin",  "Santa Isabel",  "Cameroon",  "Tombel Graben",  "Manengouba",  "Oku Volcanic Field",  "Ngaoundere Plateau",  "Biu Plateau",  "Todra Volcanic Field",  "Tin Zaouatene Volcanic Field",  "In Ezzane Volcanic Field",  "Tahalra Volcanic Field",  "Atakor Volcanic Field",  "Manzaz Volcanic Field",  "Haruj",  "Wau-en-Namus",  "Tarso T?h",  "Tarso Toussid?",  "Tarso Voon",  "Emi Koussi",  "Jebel Marra",  "Kutum Volcanic Field",  "Meidob Volcanic Field",  "Bayuda Volcanic Field",  "Jebel Umm Arafieb",  "Sharat Kovakab",  "Golan Heights",  "Es Safa",  "Jabal ad Druze",  "Al Harrah",  "Harrat ar Rahah",  "Harrat 'Uwayrid",  "Harrat Lunayyir",  "Harrat Ithnayn",  "Harrat Khaybar",  "Harrat Rahat",  "Harrat Kishb",  "Harrat al Birk",  "Jabal Yar",  "Harra of Arhab",  "Jabal el- Marha",  "Jabal Haylan",  "Harras of Dhamar",  "Harra es-Saw?d",  "Harra of Bal Haf",  "Bir Borhut",  "Sahand",  "Sabalan",  "Damavand",  "Qal'eh Hasan Ali",  "Bazman",  "Taftan",  "Dacht-i-Navar Group",  "Vakak Group",  "La Grille",  "Karthala",  "Ambre-Bobaomby",  "Nosy-Be",  "Ankaizina Field",  "Itasy Volcanic Field",  "Ankaratra Field",  "Piton de la Fournaise",  "Boomerang Seamount",  "Amsterdam Island",  "St-Paul",  "Heard",  "McDonald Islands",  "Kerguelen Islands",  "Ile de l' Est",  "Ile de la Possession",  "Ile aux Cochons",  "Prince Edward Island",   "Marion Island",  "Kaikohe-Bay of Islands",  "Whangarei",  "Auckland Field",  "Mayor Island",  "Taranaki [Egmont]",  "White Island",  "Whale Island",  "Rotorua",  "Okataina",  "Reporoa",  "Maroa",  "Taupo",  "Tongariro",  "Ruapehu",  "Clark",  "Tangaroa",  "Rumble V",  "Rumble IV",  "Rumble III",  "Rumble II West",  "Healy",  "Brothers",  "Volcano W",  "Curtis Island",  "Macauley Island",  "Giggenbach",  "Raoul Island",  "Monowai Seamount",  "Hunga Tonga-Hunga Ha'apai",  "Falcon Island",  "Tofua",  "Kao",  "Metis Shoal",  "Home Reef",  "Late",  "Fonualei",  "Tafahi",  "Curacoa",  "Niuafo'ou",  "Vailulu'u",  "Ta'u",  "Ofu-Olosega",  "Tutuila",  "Upolu",  "Savai'i",  "Wallis Islands",  "Taveuni",  "Koro",  "Nabukelevu",  "St-Andrew Strait",  "Baluan",  "Blup Blup",  "Kadovar",  "Bam",  "Boisa",  "Manam",  "Karkar",  "Yomba",  "Long Island",  "Umboi",  "Ritter Island",  "Sakar",  "Langila",  "Narage",  "Mundua",  "Garove",  "Dakataua",  "Bola",  "Garua Harbour",  "Garbuna Group",  "Lolo",  "Pago",  "Sulu Range",  "Hargy",  "Bamus",  "Ulawun",  "Lolobau",  "Rabaul",  "Tavui",  "Doma Peaks",  "Crater Mountain",  "Yelia",  "Koranga",  "Madilogo",  "Lamington",  "Hydrographers Range",  "Musa River",  "Managlase Plateau",  "Victory",  "Sessagara",  "Waiowa",  "Goodenough",  "Iamalele",  "Dawson Strait Group",  "Lihir",  "Tanga",  "Ambitle",  "Tore",  "Balbi",  "Billy Mitchell",  "Bagana",  "Takuan Group",  "Loloru",  "Nonda",  "Simbo",  "Kana Keoki",  "Coleman Seamount",  "Kavachi",  "Unnamed",  "Gallego",  "Savo",  "Tinakula",  "Motlav",  "Suretamatai",  "Gaua",  "Mere Lava",  "Aoba",  "Ambrym",  "Lopevi",  "Epi",  "Kuwae",  "Unnamed",  "North Vate",  "Traitor's Head",  "Yasur",  "Aneityum",  "Eastern Gemini Seamount",  "Matthew Island",  "Hunter Island",  "Unnamed",  "Newer Volcanics Prov",  "Narcondum",  "Barren Island",  "Pulau Weh",  "Seulawah Agam",  "Peuet Sague",  "Geureudong",  "Bur ni Telong",  "Kembar",  "Sibayak",  "Sinabung",  "Toba",  "Helatoba-Tarutung",  "Imun",  "Sibualbuali",  "Lubukraya",  "Sorikmarapi",  "Talakmau",  "Sarik-Gajah",  "Marapi",  "Tandikat",  "Talang",  "Kerinci",  "Kunyit",  "Hutapanjang",  "Sumbing",  "Pendan",  "Belirang-Beriti",  "Bukit Daun",  "Kaba",  "Dempo",  "Patah",  "Bukit Lumut Balai",  "Besar",  "Ranau",  "Sekincau Belirang",  "Suoh",  "Hulubelu",  "Rajabasa",  "Krakatau",  "Pulosari",  "Karang",  "Perbakti-Gagak",  "Salak",  "Gede",  "Patuha",  "Wayang-Windu",  "Malabar",  "Tangkubanparahu",  "Papandayan",  "Kendang",  "Kawah Kamojang",  "Guntur",  "Tampomas",  "Galunggung",  "Talagabodas",  "Kawah Karaha",  "Cereme",  "Slamet",  "Dieng Volcanic Complex",  "Sundoro",  "Sumbing",  "Ungaran",  "Telomoyo",  "Merbabu",  "Merapi",   "Muria",  "Lawu",  "Wilis",  "Kelut",  "Kawi-Butak",  "Arjuno-Welirang",  "Penanggungan",  "Malang Plain",  "Semeru",  "Tengger Caldera",  "Lamongan",  "Lurus",  "Iyang-Argapura",  "Raung",  "Ijen",  "Baluran",  "Bratan",  "Batur",  "Agung",  "Rinjani",  "Tambora",  "Sangeang Api",  "Wai Sano",  "Poco Leok",  "Ranakah",  "Inierie",  "Inielika",  "Ebulobo",  "Iya",  "Sukaria Caldera",  "Ndete Napu",  "Kelimutu",  "Paluweh",  "Egon",  "Ilimuda",  "Lewotobi",  "Leroboleng",  "Ilikedeka",  "Iliboleng",  "Lewotolo",  "Ililabalekan",  "Iliwerung",  "Batu Tara",  "Sirung",  "Yersey",  "Emperor of China",  "Nieuwerkerk",  "Gunungapi Wetar",  "Wurlali",  "Teon",  "Nila",  "Serua",  "Manuk",  "Banda Api",  "Colo [Una Una]",  "Ambang",  "Soputan",  "Sempu",  "Tondano Caldera",  "Lokon-Empung",  "Mahawu",  "Klabat",  "Tongkoko",  "Ruang",  "Karangetang [Api Siau]",  "Banua Wuhu",  "Awu",  "Unnamed",  "Tarakan",  "Dukono",  "Tobaru",  "Ibu",  "Gamkonora",  "Todoko-Ranu",  "Jailolo",  "Hiri",  "Gamalama",  "Tidore",  "Mare",  "Moti",  "Makian",  "Tigalalu",  "Amasing",  "Bibinoi",  "Bombalai",  "Jolo",  "Balut",  "Parker",  "Matutum",  "Apo",  "Leonard Range",  "Makaturing",  "Latukan",  "Ragang",  "Kalatungan",  "Musuan",  "Malindang",  "Balatukan",  "Camiguin",  "Paco",  "Cuernos de Negros",  "Kanlaon",  "Mandalagan",  "Silay",  "Cabal?an",  "Mahagnao",  "Biliran",  "Bulusan",  "Pocdol Mountains",  "Mayon",  "Masaraga",  "Malinao",  "Iriga",  "Isarog",  "Labo",  "Malindig",  "Panay",  "Banahaw",  "San Pablo Volcanic Field",  "Taal",  "Laguna Caldera",  "Mariveles",  "Natib",  "Pinatubo",  "Arayat",  "Amorong",  "Santo Tomas",  "Patoc",  "Ambalatungan Group",  "Cagua",  "Camiguin de Babuyanes",  "Didicas",  "Babuyan Claro",  "Unnamed",  "Iraya",  "Hainan Dao",  "Leizhou Bandao",  "C?-Lao R? Group",  "Toroeng Prong",  "Haut Dong Nai",  "Bas Dong Nai",  "Ile des Cendres",  "Veteran",  "Popa",  "Lower Chindwin",  "Singu Plateau",  "Tengchong",  "Unnamed",  "Unnamed",  "Unnamed",  "Unnamed",  "Kueishantao",  "Tatun Group",  "Unnamed",  "Pengchiahsu",  "Zengyu",  "Iriomote-jima",  "Iwo-Tori-shima",  "Yokoate-jima",  "Akuseki-jima",  "Suwanose-jima",  "Nakano-shima",  "Kogaja-jima",  "Gaja-jima",  "Kuchino-shima",  "Kuchinoerabu-jima",  "Kikai",  "Ibusuki Volcanic Field",  "Sakura-jima",  "Sumiyoshi-ike",  "Kirishima",  "Fukue-jima",  "Unzen",  "Aso",  "Kuju",  "Tsurumi",  "Abu",  "Sanbe",  "Oki-Dogo",  "Izu-Tobu",  "Hakone",  "Fuji",  "Kita Yatsuga-take",  "On-take",  "Haku-san",  "Norikura",  "Yake-dake",  "Washiba-Kumonotaira",  "Tate-yama",  "Niigata-Yake-yama",  "Myoko",  "Asama",  "Kusatsu-Shirane",  "Shiga",  "Haruna",  "Akagi",  "Hiuchi",  "Nikko-Shirane",  "Nantai",  "Omanago Group",  "Takahara",  "Nasu",  "Numazawa",  "Bandai",  "Adatara",  "Azuma",  "Zao",  "Hijiori",  "Narugo",  "Onikobe",  "Kurikoma",  "Chokai",  "Akita-Komaga-take",  "Iwate",  "Hachimantai",  "Akita-Yake-yama",  "Kanpu",  "Megata",  "Iwaki",  "Towada",  "Hakkoda Group",  "Osore-yama",  "Mutsu-Hiuchi-dake",  "Oshima",  "To-shima",  "Nii-jima",  "Kozu-shima",  "Miyake-jima",  "Mikura-jima",  "Kurose Hole",  "Hachijo-jima",  "Aoga-shima",  "Myojin Knoll",  "Bayonnaise Rocks",  "Smith Rock",  "Tori-shima",  "Sofugan",  "Suiyo Seamount",  "Mokuyo Seamount",  "Doyo Seamount",  "Nishino-shima",  "Kaikata Seamount",  "Kaitoku Seamount",  "Unnamed",  "Kita-Iwo-jima",  "Ioto [Iwo-jima]",  "Kita-Fukutokutai",  "Fukutoku-Okanoba",  "Minami-Hiyoshi",  "Nikko",  "Fukujin",  "Kasuga",  "Minami Kasuga",  "NW Eifuku",  "Daikoku",  "Unnamed",  "Unnamed",  "Farallon de Pajaros",  "Ahyi",  "Supply Reef",  "Maug Islands",  "Asuncion",  "Agrigan",  "Pagan",  "Alamagan",  "Guguan",  "Zealandia Bank",  "Sarigan",  "Anatahan",  "East Diamante",  "Ruby",  "Esmeralda Bank",  "NW Rota-1",  "Forecast Seamount",  "Seamount X",  "Oshima-Oshima",  "E-san",  "Komaga-take",  "Nigorigawa",  "Usu",  "Niseko",  "Yotei",  "Shiribetsu",  "Kuttara",  "Shikotsu",  "Rishiri",  "Tokachi",  "Daisetsu",  "Nipesotsu-Maruyama",  "Shikaribetsu Group",  "Akan",  "Kutcharo",  "Mashu",  "Rausu",  "Shiretoko-Iwo-zan",  "Golovnin",  "Mendeleev",  "Smirnov",  "Tiatia",  "Berutarube",  "Lvinaya Past",  "Atsonupuri",  "Bogatyr Ridge",  "Unnamed",  "Grozny Group",  "Baransky",  "Chirip",  "Golets-Tornyi Group",  "Medvezhia",  "Demon",  "Ivao Group",  "Rudakov",  "Tri Sestry",  "Kolokol Group",  "Unnamed",  "Chirpoi",  "Unnamed",  "Milne",  "Goriaschaia Sopka",  "Zavaritzki Caldera",  "Prevo Peak",  "Urataman",  "Ketoi",  "Ushishur",  "Srednii",  "Rasshua",  "Unnamed",  "Sarychev Peak",  "Raikoke",  "Chirinkotan",  "Ekarma",  "Kuntomintar",  "Sinarka",  "Kharimkotan",  "Tao-Rusyr Caldera",  "Nemo Peak",  "Shirinki",  "Fuss Peak",  "Karpinsky Group",  "Lomonosov Group",  "Chikurachki",  "Vernadskii Ridge",  "Ebeko",  "Alaid",  "Mashkovtsev",  "Kambalny",  "Koshelev",  "Unnamed",  "Diky Greben",  "Kurile Lake",  "Ilyinsky",  "Zheltovsky",  "Kell",  "Belenkaya",  "Ksudach",  "Ozernoy",  "Olkoviy Volcanic Group",  "Khodutka",  "Piratkovsky",  "Ostanets",  "Otdelniy",  "Golaya",  "Asacha",  "Visokiy",  "Mutnovsky",  "Gorely",  "Opala",  "Unnamed",  "Tolmachev Dol",  "Vilyuchik",  "Barkhatnaya Sopka",  "Unnamed",  "Unnamed",  "Bolshe-Bannaya",  "Koryaksky",  "Avachinsky",  "Dzenzursky",  "Zhupanovsky",  "Veer",  "Kostakan",  "Bakening",  "Zavaritsky",  "Akademia Nauk",  "Karymsky",  "Maly Semiachik",  "Bolshoi Semiachik",  "Taunshits",  "Uzon",  "Kikhpinych",  "Krasheninnikov",  "Kronotsky",  "Schmidt",  "Gamchen",  "Komarov",  "Vysoky",  "Kizimen",  "Unnamed",  "Tolbachik",  "Udina",  "Zimina",  "Bezymianny",  "Kamen",  "Kliuchevskoi",  "Ushkovsky",  "Shiveluch",  "Piip",  "Khangar",  "Cherpuk Group",  "Ichinsky",  "Maly Payalpan",  "Bolshoi Payalpan",  "Plosky",  "Akhtang",  "Kozyrevsky",  "Romanovka",  "Uksichan",  "Bolshoi-Kekuknaysky",  "Kulkev",  "Geodesistoy",  "Anaun",  "Krainy",  "Kekurny",  "Eggella",  "Unnamed",  "Verkhovoy",  "Alney-Chashakondzha",  "Cherny",  "Pogranychny",  "Zaozerny",  "Bliznets",  "Kebeney",  "Fedotych",  "Shisheika",  "Terpuk",  "Sedankinsky",  "Leutongey",  "Tuzovsky",  "Gorny Institute",  "Kinenin",  "Bliznetsy",  "Titila",  "Mezhdusopochny",  "Shishel",  "Elovsky",  "Alngey",  "Uka",  "Kaileney",  "Plosky",  "Bely",  "Nylgimelkin",  "Snezhniy",  "Iktunup",  "Spokoiny",  "Ostry",  "Snegovoy",  "Severny",  "Iettunup",  "Voyampolsky",  "Sikhote-Alin",  "Udokan Plateau",  "Vitim Plateau",  "Tunkin Depression",  "Oka Plateau",  "Azas Plateau",  "Taryatu-Chulutu",  "Khanuy Gol",  "Bus-Obo",  "Dariganga Volcanic Field",  "Middle Gobi",  "Turfan",  "Tianshan Volcanic Group",  "Kunlun Volcanic Group",  "Unnamed",  "Honggeertu",  "Keluo Group",  "Wudalianchi",  "Jingbo",  "Longgang Group",  "Changbaishan",  "Xianjindao",  "Ch'uga-ryong",  "Ulreung",  "Halla",  "Buldir",  "Kiska",  "Segula",  "Davidof",  "Little Sitkin",  "Semisopochnoi",  "Gareloi",  "Tanaga",  "Takawangha",  "Bobrof",  "Kanaga",  "Moffett",  "Adagdak",  "Great Sitkin",  "Kasatochi",  "Koniuji",  "Sergief",  "Atka",  "Korovin",  "Seguam",  "Amukta",  "Chagulak",  "Yunaska",  "Herbert",  "Carlisle",  "Cleveland",  "Tana",  "Uliaga",  "Kagamil",  "Vsevidof",  "Recheschnoi",  "Okmok",  "Bogoslof",  "Makushin",  "Akutan",  "Westdahl",  "Fisher",  "Shishaldin",  "Isanotski",  "Roundtop",  "Amak",  "Frosty",  "Dutton",  "Emmons Lake",  "Pavlof",  "Pavlof Sister",  "Dana",  "Stepovak Bay 2",  "Stepovak Bay 3",  "Kupreanof",  "Veniaminof",  "Black Peak",  "Aniakchak",  "Yantarni",  "Chiginagak",  "Kialagvik",  "Ugashik-Peulik",  "Ukinrek Maars",  "Unnamed",  "Martin",  "Mageik",  "Trident",  "Katmai",  "Novarupta",  "Griggs",  "Snowy Mountain",  "Denison",  "Steller",  "Kukak",  "Kaguyak",  "Fourpeaked",  "Douglas",  "Augustine",  "Iliamna",  "Redoubt",  "Spurr",  "Hayes",  "St-Paul Island",  "Nunivak Island",  "Ingakslugwat Hills",  "St-Michael",  "Kookooligit Mountains",  "Imuruk Lake",  "Buzzard Creek",  "Sanford",  "Wrangell",  "Gordon",  "Churchill",  "Edgecumbe",  "Duncan Canal",  "Tlevak Strait-Suemez Is",  "Behm Canal-Rudyerd Bay",  "Fort Selkirk",  "Alligator Lake",  "Atlin Volcanic Field",  "Tuya Volcanic Field",  "Heart Peaks",  "Level Mountain",  "Edziza",  "Spectrum Range",  "Hoodoo Mountain",  "Iskut-Unuk River Cones",  "Tseax River Cone",  "Crow Lagoon",  "Milbanke Sound Group",  "Satah Mountain",  "Nazko",  "Wells Gray-Clearwater",  "Silverthrone",  "Bridge River Cones",  "Meager",  "Garibaldi Lake",  "Garibaldi",  "Baker",  "Glacier Peak",  "Rainier",  "Adams",  "St-Helens",  "West Crater",  "Indian Heaven",  "Hood",  "Jefferson",  "Blue Lake Crater",  "Sand Mountain Field",  "Belknap",  "North Sister Field",  "South Sister",  "Bachelor",  "Davis Lake",  "Newberry",  "Devils Garden",  "Squaw Ridge Lava Field",  "Four Craters Lava Field",  "Cinnamon Butte",  "Crater Lake",  "Diamond Craters",  "Jordan Craters",  "Shasta",  "Medicine Lake",  "Brushy Butte",  "Twin Buttes",  "Silver Lake",  "Tumble Buttes",  "Lassen Volcanic Center",  "Eagle Lake Field",  "Clear Lake",  "Mono Lake Volcanic Field",  "Mono Craters",  "Inyo Craters",  "Long Valley",  "Mammoth Mountain",  "Ubehebe Craters",  "Golden Trout Creek",  "Coso Volcanic Field",  "Lavic Lake",  "Shoshone Lava Field",  "Craters of the Moon",  "Wapi Lava Field",  "Hell's Half Acre",  "Yellowstone",  "Soda Lakes",  "Steamboat Springs",  "Santa Clara",  "Bald Knoll",  "Markagunt Plateau",  "Black Rock Desert",  "Dotsero",  "Uinkaret Field",  "Sunset Crater",  "Carrizozo",  "Zuni-Bandera",  "Valles Caldera",  "Endeavour Ridge",  "Cobb Segment",  "CoAxial Segment",  "Axial Seamount",  "Cleft Segment",  "North Gorda Ridge",  "Escanaba Segment",  "Unnamed",  "Loihi",  "K?lauea",  "Mauna Loa",  "Mauna Kea",  "Hualalai",  "Haleakal?",  "Unnamed",  "Unnamed",  "Teahitia",  "Rocard",  "Moua Pihaa",  "Mehetia",  "Adams Seamount",  "Macdonald",  "Northern EPR-Segment RO2",  "Northern EPR-Segment RO3",  "Unnamed",  "Unnamed",  "Gal?pagos Rift",  "Unnamed",  "Southern EPR-Segment K",  "Southern EPR-Segment J",  "Southern EPR-Segment I",  "Antipodes Island",  "Unnamed",  "Unnamed",  "Cerro Prieto",  "Pinacate",  "San Quint?n Volcanic Field",  "Isla San Luis",  "Jaraguay Volcanic Field",  "Coronado",  "Guadalupe",  "San Borja Volcanic Field",  "Unnamed",  "El Aguajito",  "Tres V?rgenes",  "Isla Tortuga",  "Punta P?lpito",  "Comond?-La Pur?sima",  "B?rcena",  "Socorro",  "Durango Volcanic Field",  "Sangang?ey",  "Ceboruco",  "Mascota Volcanic Field",  "Sierra la Primavera",  "Colima",  "Michoac?n-Guanajuato",  "Los Azufres",  "Zit?cuaro-Valle de Bravo",  "Jocotitl?n",  "Nevado de Toluca",  "Chichinautzin",  "Papayo",  "Iztacc?huatl",  "Popocat?petl",  "La Malinche",  "Serd?n-Oriental",  "Los Humeros",  "Los Atlixcos",  "Naolinco Volcanic Field",  "Cofre de Perote",  "La Gloria",  "Las Cumbres",  "Pico de Orizaba",  "San Mart?n",  "El Chich?n",  "Tacan?",  "Tajumulco",  "Santa Mar?a",  "Almolonga",  "Santo Tom?s",  "Atitl?n",  "Tolim?n",  "Acatenango",  "Fuego",  "Agua",  "Pacaya",  "Cuilapa-Barbarena",  "Tecuamburro",  "Jumaytepeque",  "Moyuta",  "Flores",  "Tahual",  "Cerro Santiago",  "Suchit?n",  "Chingo",  "Ixtepeque",  "Ipala",  "Chiquimula Volcanic Field",  "Quezaltepeque",  "San Diego",  "Cerro Sing?il",  "Apaneca Range",  "Santa Ana",  "Izalco",  "Coatepeque Caldera",  "San Salvador",  "Cerro Cinotepeque",  "Guazapa",  "Ilopango",  "San Vicente",  "Apastepeque Field",  "Taburete",  "Tecapa",  "Usulut?n",  "El Tigre",  "Chinameca",  "San Miguel",  "Laguna Aramuaca",  "Conchagua",  "Conchag?ita",  "Isla el Tigre",  "Isla Zacate Grande",  "Lake Yojoa",  "Utila Island",  "Cosig?ina",  "San Crist?bal",  "Telica",  "Rota",  "Cerro Negro",  "Las Pilas",  "Momotombo",  "Apoyeque",  "Nejapa-Miraflores",  "Masaya",  "Granada",  "Mombacho",  "Zapatera",  "Concepci?n",  "Maderas",  "Estel?",  "Cerro el Ciguatepe",  "Las Lajas",  "Volc?n Azul",  "Oros?",  "Rinc?n de la Vieja",  "Miravalles",  "Tenorio",  "Arenal",  "Platanar",  "Po?s",  "Barva",  "Iraz?",  "Turrialba",  "Bar?",  "La Yeguada",  "El Valle",  "Romeral",  "Cerro Bravo",  "Nevado del Ruiz",  "Santa Isabel",  "Nevado del Tolima",  "Mach?n",  "Nevado del Huila",  "Purac?",  "Sotar?",  "Petacas",  "Do?a Juana",  "Galeras",  "Azufral",  "Cumbal",  "Cerro Negro de Mayasquer",  "Soche",  "Cuicocha",  "Imbabura",  "Mojanda",  "Cayambe",  "Reventador",  "Pululagua",  "Guagua Pichincha",  "Atacazo",  "Chacana",  "Antisana",  "Sumaco",  "Illiniza",  "Cotopaxi",  "Quilotoa",  "Chimborazo",  "Tungurahua",  "Licto",  "Sangay",  "Fernandina",  "Ecuador",  "Wolf",  "Darwin",  "Alcedo",  "Sierra Negra",  "Cerro Azul",  "Pinta",  "Marchena",  "Genovesa",  "Santiago",  "Santa Cruz",  "San Crist?bal",  "Quimsachata",  "Cerro Auquihuato",  "Sara Sara",  "Coropuna",  "Andahua-Orcopampa",  "Huambo",  "Sabancaya",  "Nevado Chachani",  "Cerro Nicholson",  "El Misti",  "Ubinas",  "Huaynaputina",  "Ticsani",  "Tutupaca",  "Yucamane",  "Nevados Casiri",  "Tacora",  "Taapaca",  "Parinacota",  "Guallatiri",  "Tambo Quemado",  "Isluga",  "Tata Sabaya",  "Puchuldiza",  "Laguna Jayu Khota",  "Nuevo Mundo",  "Irruputuncu",  "Pampa Luxsar",  "Olca-Paruma",  "Aucanquilcha",  "Ollag?e",  "Cerro del Azufre",  "San Pedro",  "Uturuncu",  "El Tatio",  "Putana",  "Sairecabur",  "Licancabur",  "Guayaques",  "Purico Complex",  "Colachi",  "Acamarachi",  "Cerro Overo",  "Chiliques",  "L?scar",  "Cord?n de Puntas Negras",  "Mi?iques",  "Cerro Tujle",  "Caichinque",  "Tilocalar",  "El Negrillar",  "Pular",  "La Negrillar",  "Socompa",  "Llullaillaco",  "Cerro Escorial",  "Lastarria",  "Cord?n del Azufre",  "Cerro Bayo",  "Sierra Nevada",  "Falso Azufre",  "Nevado de Incahuasi",  "Nevados Ojos del Salado",  "El Solo",  "Copiap?",  "Cerro Tuzgle",  "Aracar",  "Unnamed",  "Antofagasta de la Sierra",  "Cerro el C?ndor",  "Peinado",  "Robledo",  "Tipas",  "San F?lix",  "Easter Island",  "Robinson Crusoe",  "Unnamed",  "Tupungatito",  "San Jos?",  "Maipo",  "Palomo",  "Caldera del Atuel",  "Risco Plateado",  "Tinguiririca",  "Planch?n-Peteroa",  "Calabozos",  "Descabezado Grande",  "Cerro Azul",  "Laguna del Maule",  "San Pedro-Pellado",  "Nevado de Longav?",  "Lomas Blancas",  "Resago",  "Pay?n Matru",  "Domuyo",  "Nevados de Chill?n",  "Cochiquito Volcanic Group",  "Tromen",  "Puesto Cortaderas",  "Antuco",  "Trocon",  "Copahue",  "Callaqui",  "Laguna Mari?aqui",  "Tolguaca",  "Lonquimay",  "Llaima",  "Sollipulli",  "Caburgua-Huelemolle",  "Villarrica",  "Quetrupillan",  "Lan?n",  "Huanquihue Group",  "Mocho-Choshuenco",  "Carr?n-Los Venados",  "Puyehue-Cord?n Caulle",  "Cerro Pantoja",  "Antillanca Group",  "Puntiagudo-Cord?n Cenizos",  "Osorno",  "Tronador",  "Cayutu?-La Viguer?a",  "Calbuco",  "Cuernos del Diablo",  "Yate",  "Hornopir?n",  "Apagado",  "Crater Basalt Volcanic Field",  "Huequi",  "Minchinm?vida",  "Chait?n",  "Corcovado",  "Yanteles",  "Palena Volcanic Group",  "Melimoyu",  "Puyuhuapi",  "Mentolat",  "Cay",  "Maca",  "Cerro Hudson",  "R?o Murta",  "Arenales",  "Lautaro",  "Viedma",  "Aguilera",  "Reclus",  "Monte Burney",  "Palei-Aike Volcanic Field",  "Fueguino",  "Saba",  "The Quill",  "Liamuiga",  "Nevis Peak",  "Soufri?re Hills",  "Bouillante Chain",  "Soufri?re Guadeloupe",  "Morne aux Diables",  "Morne Diablotins",  "Morne Trois Pitons",  "Morne Watt",  "Morne Plat Pays",  "Pel?e",  "Qualibou",  "Soufri?re St-Vincent",  "Kick 'em Jenny",  "St-Catherine",  "Snaefellsj?kull",  "Lysuh?ll",  "Lj?sufj?ll",  "Reykjaneshryggur",  "Reykjanes",  "Kr?suv?k",  "Brennisteinsfj?ll",  "Hengill",  "Gr?msnes",  "Prestahnukur",  "Langj?kull",  "Hofsj?kull",  "Kerlingarfj?ll",  "Vestmannaeyjar",  "Eyjafj?ll",  "Katla",  "Tindfjallaj?kull",  "Torfaj?kull",  "Vatnafj?ll",  "Hekla",  "Gr?msv?tn",  "Loki-F?grufj?ll",  "B?rdarbunga",  "Tungnafellsj?kull",  "Kverkfj?ll",  "Askja",  "Fremrinamur",  "Krafla",  "Theistareykjarbunga",  "Tj?rnes Fracture Zone",  "?raefaj?kull",  "Esjufj?ll",  "Kolbeinsey Ridge",  "Jan Mayen",  "Unnamed",  "Unnamed",  "Unnamed",  "Unnamed",  "Unnamed",  "Flores",  "Corvo",  "Fayal",  "Pico",  "San Jorge",  "Graciosa",  "Terceira",  "Don Joao de Castro Bank",  "Sete Cidades",  "Picos Volcanic System",  "Agua de Pau",  "Furnas",  "Monaco Bank",  "Madeira",  "La Palma",  "Hierro",  "Tenerife",  "Gran Canaria",  "Fuerteventura",  "Lanzarote",  "Fogo",  "Brava",  "Sao Vicente",  "Unnamed",  "Unnamed",  "Unnamed",  "Unnamed",  "Ascensi?n",  "Trindade",  "Tristan da Cunha",  "Bouvet",  "Thompson Island",  "Buckle Island",  "Young Island",  "Sturge Island",  "The Pleiades",  "Unnamed",  "Melbourne",  "Unnamed",  "Erebus",  "Royal Society Range",  "Berlin",  "Andrus",  "Waesche",  "Siple",  "Toney Mountain",  "Takahe",  "Hudson Mountains",  "Peter I Island",  "Deception Island",  "Penguin Island",  "Bridgeman Island",  "Paulet",  "Seal Nunataks Group",  "Thule Islands",  "Bristol Island",  "Montagu Island",  "Michael",  "Candlemas Island",  "Hodson",  "Leskov Island",  "Zavodovski",  "Protector Shoal",   
}

for k,volc in pairs(volcano_list) do
   volcano = celestia:find("Sol/Earth/"..volc)
   volcano:setvisible(volcano_flag)
end
@+
Vincent

Topic author
Cham M
With us: 20 years 8 months

Post #39by Cham » 10.09.2008, 16:01

There's a problem with this script (and some others I tested) : If you quit Celestia while the location labels are ON, and restart Celestia, it will remember that the labels were ON (and the layer is OFF, of course). Then, using the script will switch OFF the labels while activating the models (circles). Of course, this is annoying since you want to see the models and the labels at the same time.

The script should check if the labels are already ON and leave them ON if you switch ON the models. But then, you want to use the same script (!?) to switch OFF all the layer. I don't see how to solve this problem without using a second script to turn OFF the layer. Is there a way, using a single script only ?

EDIT : The script should turn ON the models only if the labels are ON too, so there should be some condition in the script. To switch OFF the layer, the same condition should turn both the labels and models OFF. I don't know if this could be done with a single script.
"Well! I've often seen a cat without a grin", thought Alice; "but a grin without a cat! It's the most curious thing I ever saw in all my life!"

Vincent
Developer

Post #40by Vincent » 10.09.2008, 17:02

Martin,

This script was not intended to be used within your layers script.
Bill's circles are visible by default, so the script above works perfectly.

If the volcano-circles are defined as invisible when Celestia starts,
like in your addons, you just need to add the following lines at the
beginning of the above script to make the labels off by default:

obs = celestia:getobserver()
obs:setlocationflags{volcano = false}
@+
Vincent

Return to “Add-on development”