Frame revisions in Celx

All about writing scripts for Celestia in Lua and the .cel system
BobHegwood
With us: 16 years 7 months

Re: Frame revisions in Celx

Post #21by BobHegwood » 25.04.2008, 22:50

I know I probably shouldn't do this, but I'm going to anyway... :roll:
I have offered this advice to others, and mayhap you two geniuses could benefit from it... :wink:

"If you are not enjoying what you are doing for Celestia, then you should NOT be doing it."

Please keep this in mind while trying to beat these theories and stratagems into shape.
Perhaps a friendly meeting in Hamburg for a brewski or two would help? :D
I'll go away and mind my own business now, but it does seem as if a bit of humor could help here.

Thanks, Bob
Brain-Dead Geezer Bob is now using...
Windows Vista Home Premium, 64-bit on a
Gateway Pentium Dual-Core CPU E5200, 2.5GHz
7 GB RAM, 500 GB hard disk, Nvidia GeForce 7100
Nvidia nForce 630i, 1680x1050 screen, Latest SVN

bdm
With us: 18 years 9 months

Re: Frame revisions in Celx

Post #22by bdm » 30.04.2008, 00:08

chris wrote:In SSC files, Celestia's internal coordinate system is hidden: positions in FixedPositions, SampledOrbits, etc. are all given in standard astronomical coordinates. But, the non-standard coordinates are still used in celx scripts. I'd like to address this problem without breaking existing scripts. It's particularly important, because the coordinates generated by ScriptedOrbits (and the rotations produced by ScriptedRotations) are all in the standard coordinate system.

--Chris
Let the user select the co-ordinate frame in the script. This will allow the user to use whatever frames that Celestia supports.

Have a default co-ordinate frame that is the same as the legacy default. This won't break existing scripts.

Return to “Scripting”