seting Locations in startup.cel?

All about writing scripts for Celestia in Lua and the .cel system
Topic author
ncc1701d
With us: 18 years 5 months

seting Locations in startup.cel?

Post #1by ncc1701d » 18.04.2008, 20:15

Is there a way in startup.cel or elsewhere to pre set the Locations like cities,Landing Sites, Montes,Maria and label Features to either be on or off at startup of celestia?
I find I am always having to manually set these up everytime I start up celestia

I want only cities to be checked on startup and Label features set at 1 at startup.
startup.cel didnt talk about this option
thanks
steve

BobHegwood
With us: 16 years 8 months

Re: seting Locations in startup.cel?

Post #2by BobHegwood » 19.04.2008, 05:47

ncc1701d wrote:Is there a way in startup.cel or elsewhere to pre set the Locations like cities,Landing Sites, Montes,Maria and label Features to either be on or off at startup of celestia?
I find I am always having to manually set these up everytime I start up celestia

I want only cities to be checked on startup and Label features set at 1 at startup.
startup.cel didnt talk about this option
thanks
steve

Yes, simply download the commented start.zip file at the Motherlode, or my newer version (4.0) on my personal website by clicking HERE. Then, go to the bottom of the page and download the Modified Start CEL Script package. After unzipping the file, open the start.cel file using Notepad, and read the instructions. At the # Text labels: section, add the following line:

labels {set "cities"}

Then, comment out the unmarkall { } line so that it reads # unmarkall { }. If you use this approach, you can then display or not display the options you've selected by pressing the SHIFT-& keys. You will only have to do this once, since the setting will be retained between Celestia sessions.

Hope that helps, Bob
Brain-Dead Geezer Bob is now using...
Windows Vista Home Premium, 64-bit on a
Gateway Pentium Dual-Core CPU E5200, 2.5GHz
7 GB RAM, 500 GB hard disk, Nvidia GeForce 7100
Nvidia nForce 630i, 1680x1050 screen, Latest SVN

Return to “Scripting”