All of the above
40%

Total votes: 10

Topic author
WildMoon
With us: 19 years

I'll be back

Post #1by WildMoon » 22.09.2005, 00:48

Guess where I live? Hint: There's a hurricane about to hit it.

Yup. I'm in Houston. So after today (Wensday) I'm going to some place 2 hours from Houston (not counting current traffic :cry: ) so I'll probably be back Sunday. The only reason I'm leaving is because of the inevitable power outage, otherwise I would stay because my house is awesome and has been through category 3s without creaking nor showing any sign of being damaged in the slightest bit. Also my yard has never flooded nor has my street so I'd be perfectly safe. Anyways, I won't be here till Sunday, but when I come back I'm gonna "boldy go where no one has gone before" in Celestia. 8)

8) See Ya'll Later! 8)
Pi does not equal 3.14159265, it equals "yum!"

A world without Monty Python, gnomes, news crews that make a big deal out of a celebrity breathing, Star Trek, & Coca-Cola? That is impossible! IMPOSSIBLE!

Topic author
WildMoon

Post #2by WildMoon » 22.09.2005, 18:10

Dangit. Since there's so much traffic I'm stuck at home. Since I'm stuck at home I might as well keep my computer on until the storm hits and the power goes off. Meaning I'll be eating stuff that doesn't have to go in the fridge (pop-tarts, candy, cookies, junk food time! :twisted: ) while everything in the fridge goes bad (and also all of my Coca-Colas get warm :cry: ).

So technically this is still a good-bye and I'll probably be back on Sunday. Thanks for the votes! Makes me feel abit safer. 8)

A world without Monty Python, gnomes, news crews that make a big deal out of a celebrity breathing, Star Trek, & Coca-Cola? That is impossible! IMPOSSIBLE!

Andy74 M
With us: 20 years 2 months

Post #3by Andy74 » 23.09.2005, 13:41

Hope you are safe ...

Topic author
WildMoon

Post #4by WildMoon » 25.09.2005, 18:48

I'm back! FINALLY! Ok, here's the story:

Where I live in Houston there was only a few occasional gusts of wind that were pretty weak for going so fast. But when the final gust blew by my house from Rita, the stupid thing knocked out the power. So for 1 day we went without power. For the first 30 seconds I thought "Darn. Oh well." Then after that, it started getting hot, nothing to do other than listen to the radio or play board games with someone else or by yourself. It took me forever to fall asleep because when it's hot, it's impossible for me to sleep, even if I've been awake for a long time. So eventually I fell asleep. Then this morning I ate breakfast and sat around some more then, it happened. THE POWER CAME ON! We were all yelling happily then I found out that my mom wanted me to practice my clarinet and pick up my room before got on my computer. :cry: I picked up but I made a deal that I'd practice the clarinet at 2:00 (1:41 right now :cry: ).

So, through all that I've been very bored. But atleast I don't live in a low lying area, didn't evacuate (and get stuck in traffic) and don't live where Rita would've hit. The unfortunate thing: it barely rained. :x Our grass is dying and the only "rain" the hurricane brought was barely any sprinkles. :?

Anyways, I'm back. 8)

Thanks for the votes and thanks to Andy74 for posting! 8)

Bluespace
Location: Cosmos - MilkyWay- Solar System- Earth- Asia- India- Kerala- Kochi (All Aliens R Invited)

Post #5by Bluespace » 28.09.2005, 07:11

great to hear,you are safe , but as everybody in the earth has witnessed there is nothing we can do with natural calamities, like here at INDIA where it tsunami waves took thousands of innocnet lives, and the KATRINA at neworleans, as i have made a new post in Physics/astronomy for the magentic field reversal, is this what makes theses things happens, i searched and i found, it is (may be not) no one knows why,

also i have heard that there is more category 5 storms heading to US within 1-2 years, what makes this sudden climatic change occurs in EARTH

selden
Developer
With us: 22 years

Post #6by selden » 28.09.2005, 12:11

It's not really sudden. Hurricanes have about a 50 year cycle in number and strength. See the section "Long term trends in cyclone activity" in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane
Selden

Return to “Petit Bistro Entropy”