I'm sorry.

The only place for all Non Celestia Discussion/Stuff
Topic author
Joey P. M
With us: 6 years 7 months

I'm sorry.

Post #1by Joey P. » 03.06.2020, 05:59

I've checked my posts; it seems like I haven't made a downright-full apology yet.

Around late last year I and the moderators have noticed that my behavior had noticeably deteriorated, to the point that nearly everyone wanted me gone. Necromancing? I've stopped that, and in fact I've had to privately deal with another user about a new necromancer. Bumping topics without merging into recent posts? I've stopped that as well.

But my largest offenses were due to my former obsession with Martha Speaks.

Yes, I was obsessed about that pile of overrated garbage, starting in mid-early 2018. I also caused trouble on other parts of the internet due to my obsession with Martha Speaks. I made a sockpuppet account, "Danny Lorraine II", and caused trouble in a thread. That account has been deleted now. I caused even more trouble due to my trying to force Martha Speaks on others (but also because of my former necromancing behavior).

So, I'm here to say that I'm sorry, and that I will not obsess over Martha Speaks again. We can just forget about this show entirely and focus on Celestia and astronomy. Thanks to those who forgive me.

Thanks for your time.
Joey P.

Lafuente_Astronomy
With us: 5 years 9 months

Post #2by Lafuente_Astronomy » 04.06.2020, 10:30

Well, I'm not sure if everyone else is going to easily forgive you for all that. However, I forgive you

Honestly, I barely knew you. I've been a new member for almost 2 years now, and I've only had few interactions with you, so I'm not as affected as the other members are. But still, I can forgive you, and in time, I hope they will forgive you too.

That being said, you must stay true to your words that you have said earlier. But to be honest, it's not your "Martha Speaks" or "Danny Phantom" obsession that are the biggest things you've ever did. It's the fact that you engaged in a long and toxic edit war with Wikipedia over the "List of Largest Stars" article. If you are still doing that, I recommend that you Stop that, and let actual, proven and authentic research papers made by serious and credible personnel from prestigious and authentic astronomical organizations speak for themselves.

That being said, the way to repentance and penance is a long one indeed, so you must be patient if not everyone trusts you yet.
Official Administrator of the Celestia Discord Server.
Invite: https://discordapp.com/invite/WEWDcJh
If you don't have a Discord account, register here: https://discordapp.com/register
Have a blessed day.

Topic author
Joey P. M

Post #3by Joey P. » 05.06.2020, 22:30

Thanks very much.

Lafuente_Astronomy wrote:But to be honest, it's not your "Martha Speaks" or "Danny Phantom" obsession that are the biggest things you've ever did.
Well, on this forum only, it was Martha Speaks to be honest; it was far larger than my Danny Phantom and Fairly OddParents obsessions, considering the Danny Lorraine II sockpuppet account I made in 2018. I also did chaos on Martha Speaks that year on Wikipedia; mocking Danny Phantom by using his real name in usernames because his show was far more notable than Martha Speaks, and that the characters of Danny Phantom, Fairly OddParents, South Park, et al met Wikipedia's notability policies and not the characters of Martha Speaks. But I've changed now, I deem Martha Speaks to be non-notable and refer to it as "overrated garbage". Actually, I hate all of PBS Kids with legitimate reasons and do not advice children and parents to watch that network. Martha Speaks also copied a bunch of elements from Danny Phantom and Fairly OddParents (Danny Lorraine and Chuck Nebula should seem straight-forward), but let's not go off-topic.

Lafuente_Astronomy wrote:If you are still doing that, I recommend that you Stop that, and let actual, proven and authentic research papers made by serious and credible personnel from prestigious and authentic astronomical organizations speak for themselves.
The page has now been protected so that only admins could edit it. Additionally, there are newer edit wars and sockpuppets over there, to the point that administrator Primefac wants to nominate it for deletion...

However, I have a positive suggestion: why don't you make a new rule blacklisting all Martha Speaks-related material (or even better and to stay-on topic: all PBS Kids-related material), including in usernames and Petit Bistro Entropy, ensuring that no bad children's programs infiltrate our site again?
If you're okay with that, then I'll (on a different thread due to the different topics) make another thread here on Petit Bistro Entropy with users coming to a consensus on whether Martha Speaks (or all PBS Kids)-related content will be banned permanently on this site.
Joey P.

SevenSpheres
With us: 4 years 7 months

Post #4by SevenSpheres » 05.06.2020, 23:19

Joey P. wrote:However, I have a positive suggestion: why don't you make a new rule blacklisting all Martha Speaks-related material (or even better and to stay-on topic: all PBS Kids-related material), including in usernames and Petit Bistro Entropy, ensuring that no bad children's programs infiltrate our site again?
If you're okay with that, then I'll (on a different thread due to the different topics) make another thread here on Petit Bistro Entropy with users coming to a consensus on whether Martha Speaks (or all PBS Kids)-related content will be banned permanently on this site.

Why, given that you're the only member who brings up that content? If you don't want posts about it, then don't post about it.

As for the rest, I agree with everything Lafuente_Astronomy said.
My Addons: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=19978 • Discord server admin
Celestia versions: 1.5.1, 1.6.1, 1.6.2, 1.7.0, and some unofficial versions like Celestia-ED

Topic author
Joey P. M

Post #5by Joey P. » 06.06.2020, 06:04

SevenSpheres wrote:Why, given that you're the only member who brings up that content? If you don't want posts about it, then don't post about it.
To prevent similar incidents from happening in the future. May be from different people and about Arthur, Cyberchase, Wild Kratts, etc. But we don't want that; we want Celestia.
Joey P.

Return to “Petit Bistro Entropy”