Hello from Manchester

The only place for all Non Celestia Discussion/Stuff
Topic author
Mateo313
With us: 4 years 1 month

Hello from Manchester

Post #1by Mateo313 » 15.04.2020, 08:34

Hello everyone, just joined the forum and wanted to say hello :)

I'm from sunny Manchester in the UK. I started my stargazing journey when I was 15 (a long time ago...) when I went on holiday in the south of France with my family.

We went somewhere in the countryside, in the middle of nowhere, and I remember being able to see the milky way for the first time. And so my love for astronomy began.

I spend most of my free time reading books about space or watching documentaries about it. I like to write and I sometimes post on my amateur website StarLustwhenever I feel inspired and have the time.

I have been wanting to play with a space simulator for a long time, so I'm really looking forward to getting my hands dirty and see what I can do with Celestia!

Thanks for reading, have a lovely day everyone.

Lafuente_Astronomy
With us: 5 years 9 months

Post #2by Lafuente_Astronomy » 15.04.2020, 08:48

Welcome to the Celestia Community

You are indeed welcome to use it as you please.

While Celestia is old and simple, it has nonetheless remained one of the best space simulators of all time, and despite the presence of better, more advance giants such as Universe Sandbox, SpaceEngine, StarryNight and the like, our simplicity and ease of acess ensures that we still remain as popular as ever

Not to mention, it is also modifiable. You can create your own addons in Celestia, provided you read the Wikibooks on how each of the data files work, and on how it renders the object. You can also do some simple stargazing in Celestia as well, however we also have the added bonus of travelling to any object in Celestia, meaning that you can see the skies and stargaze from anywhere else in Celestia's simulated universe

I hope you will have a great experience with Celestia, and most of all, a good day
Official Administrator of the Celestia Discord Server.
Invite: https://discordapp.com/invite/WEWDcJh
If you don't have a Discord account, register here: https://discordapp.com/register
Have a blessed day.

Topic author
Mateo313
With us: 4 years 1 month

Post #3by Mateo313 » 16.04.2020, 15:29

Thank you very much for the warm welcome :)

Return to “Petit Bistro Entropy”