I saw huge Neptune in the sky ( a dream I had )

The only place for all Non Celestia Discussion/Stuff
Topic author
Enio
With us: 19 years 10 months

I saw huge Neptune in the sky ( a dream I had )

Post #1by Enio » 22.07.2008, 21:28

Long time ago when I was a little boy, I had a strange and curious dream. It was night and I was at my grandparents apartment. It was a very clear sky full of bright and also dim stars. And, as I remember, suddenly I saw a huge blue ball in the sky that had many details, like many small white clouds and also some dark clouds. One of them was big. I don't remember if I saw any of its moons, because I only remember of that huge blue and beautiful world. And also, I was only about 5 years old! Now I have 21 and many years passed since I had that dream, but I still remember that not very well clearly. :lol: :roll:

At that moment, I was curious and fascinated about that. If I remember well, it was, well... about 5 or 10 times bigger than the Moon in the sky. It also moved many times faster than the moon, but not so fast, since I saw well its details. 8O :D

Now, after many years since that dream, I'm thinking now if would be cool if Earth orbited Neptune, but being at the same distance of Earth to the Sun. Maybe Mars and Venus should be moons as Earth, based in my dream. And being moons, maybe they would also have life. Imagine seeing Neptune on the sky from your garden at night with a blue Venus, Mars, our Moon and Triton!!! :D 8O :!: :roll: 8)

I don't know if Neptune, with its mass could have many massive moons. Maybe only Earth, I don't know. But one thing I know... it would be so cool!!! 8) 8) 8)

And you? Someone had dreams like this? And would that be possible, if our Solar System formed in a different way?

LordFerret M
With us: 17 years 10 months

Re: I saw huge Neptune in the sky ( a dream I had )

Post #2by LordFerret » 25.07.2008, 07:00

No dreams, just nightmares. :(

Hungry4info
With us: 18 years 9 months

Post #3by Hungry4info » 26.07.2008, 16:03

About a week or two ago, I dreamed that I was outside (which in itself is unusual) and upon looking up, I saw a large streak of smoke being led by a bright object -- An asteroid. I immediately ran inside, gathered my family and the cat into a closet we have near the centre of our house. The idea was to try to survive the asteroid impact from there, with as many walls for protection as possible. After a short while, there was a very loud "crack" almost like a short lightning-strike. We ventured outside, and found very little destruction. Nothing was destroyed, no trees obliterated, nothing. Later that day, while reading the news, we find out that Mars Express detected the asteroid, which apparently bounced off Earth and landed on Mars. The spacecraft's instruments revealed it was a large donut.

... :roll:
Current Setup:
Windows 7 64 bit. Celestia 1.6.0.
AMD Athlon Processor, 1.6 Ghz, 3 Gb RAM
ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics

Topic author
Enio
With us: 19 years 10 months

Post #4by Enio » 26.07.2008, 23:15

Interesting. Maybe you had sort like a premonition. I never had such type of dream. In fact, for me, any event from space in my dreams are very rare!

To tell the truth, I don't really remember if the Neptune in the sky was really a dream or just my imagination when I was awake. It's because I do normally have many imaginations, since when I was small. And one more thing that I remembered now. I only had 3 years when I saw that, not 5. Yes, I really have a good visual memory!

I'm in doubt if I will do an add-on based on my dream, with Earth, Venus, Mars, Moon and Mercury orbiting Neptune in the same distance of Earth to the Sun. It's because now I'm doing my Solaris System. I'm remaking the Solar System with such project and I'm doing it to be a future add-on that may have good info about each world in separate files.

PlutonianEmpire M
With us: 19 years 9 months

Post #5by PlutonianEmpire » 27.07.2008, 03:57

In a dream I had this past week, I started innocently enough flying around Earth in the A-380. Next thing I know, the world is a flat map, and I have to turn when I reach the north pole. After some event which is now hazy, I'm at pluto, and orbiting pluto is a giant alien weapon that encompasses earth, but unknown to the aliens, the earth the alien weapon is holding is fake, while the real earth continues orbiting merrily around the sun. Then the dream timewarps backwards, and this time, the alien weapon is aiming at the real earth, and I'm collecting items for the alien weapon.

Ultimate lulz. :lol:

EDIT: Hah, I still remember a Nightmare I had from when I was young. A cloud with a mean face. lulz.
Terraformed Pluto: Now with New Horizons maps! :D

herryjohn
With us: 15 years 10 months

nice

Post #6by herryjohn » 25.08.2008, 15:36

nice..back later

PlutonianEmpire M

Post #7by PlutonianEmpire » 14.09.2008, 18:00

Okay, I just had my first "Belle Hades" dream about my Belle Hades planet. I'm in a low orbit, and I'm not allowed on the surface, but I wind up on the surface anyway, and I'm pointing this satellite reciever dish at Belle Hades' sun, which in the dream, is a blue O star. Then I blast off in a 50's syle sci-fi rocket, and I'm in a much higher orbit so I don't end up on the surface again. Then I go to a globular cluster orbiting another galaxy using celestia.

:lol:

Hungry4info

Post #8by Hungry4info » 18.09.2008, 20:02

Yeah, I've had at least one Celestia-inspired dream myself...
Current Setup:

PlutonianEmpire M

Post #9by PlutonianEmpire » 20.09.2008, 18:15

Ooh, would you like to share?

Hungry4info

Post #10by Hungry4info » 21.09.2008, 04:20

It wasn't a very detailed dream. I just remember being in a spacecraft of some sort, and traveling to some star... then trying to press Shift+1 to return to normal time to compensate for time dilation.
Current Setup:

PlutonianEmpire M

Post #11by PlutonianEmpire » 28.03.2009, 03:59

Okay, I just had my fourth Belle Hades dream. (Go me. :P ) In that dream, they blew up on of Belle Hades' Moons.

Can you tell I'm obsessed with Belle Hades? ;) :mrgreen:

Michael_k
With us: 14 years 8 months

Post #12by Michael_k » 03.10.2009, 09:24

I had a lucid dream where I fell into the sky and approached the Moon once. It felt cold and lonely in space and so I got creeped out and woke up before I landed. :lol:

freiza667
With us: 14 years 3 months

Post #13by freiza667 » 19.06.2010, 20:48

i had a dream of the day of 2012 and a brown dwarf star was to close to earth
he1hhhhhhhhhhhhhh.jpg

W0RLDBUILDER
With us: 14 years 1 month

Post #14by W0RLDBUILDER » 26.06.2010, 16:53

Whoa, epic bump. :mrgreen:
I remember lurking these forums years ago when I first started with Celestia and reading this thread. Giant bump.

Return to “Petit Bistro Entropy”