Infinity:The Quest For Earth

The only place for all Non Celestia Discussion/Stuff
Topic author
sanctus
With us: 16 years 5 months

Infinity:The Quest For Earth

Post #1by sanctus » 01.07.2008, 15:24

A new spectacular space sim mmo game is going to be released by the very early of 2009!!However there is a combat prototype but it's not the game not even an alpha.The good news is (at least for me) they're planning to release an offline mode which you are able the to do most of the features that are listed below:

Features:# Open ended gameplay: unlike many other games, Infinity does not force you to play in any specific way. The game is race-less, class-less and skill-less. You can play as a merchant, trade, mine asteroids or minerals on planets, explore the galaxy, do scientific research, create your own industrial corporation.. or, if you are more into action, play as a space pirate.. at your own risk.

# Real-time fighting: most MMORPGs today use a turn-based approach to combat. In Infinity, you are directly controling your spaceship movements and lasers. Your own skills and dexterity will make the difference, not a bunch of stats on your character!

# Persistent universe: infinity is a massively, multiplayer online game. The universe is persistent. When you are not playing online, the game does not stop. Other players continue to play, the universe evolves, and new things are always happening.

# Procedural universe: procedural programming is a technique to let the computer generate the game universe on-the-fly, in real-time on request, rather than manually building everything. Because of this, the generated universe can be absolutely huge. In Infinity, billions of worlds, most of them never explored by any player, are awaiting the adventurous soul.

# Seamless engine: Infinity's engine features a completely seamless experience. You can fly in space and land on planets.. without any loading times or unnatural transitions.

# Planet landing: you are not restricted as to where you can land. Explore every square centimeter of your home planet! On planets you can see the flora and fauna, find oceans, hills, mountains, cities, and a lot of other details.

# Unique quests: Infinity offers a wide range of missions available in space stations or cities. But sometimes you might want to try something more challenging. Discover the storyline's quests. Unlike missions, quests follow a real story, and can only be accomplished by one player (or a group of players). Once the quest is done, it disappears forever from the game and is no longer available to other players. Be the first to complete a quest, and you'll get fame, money... and much more.

# Newtonian physics: rigid body physics are used to simulate the game objects. However, the newtonian space flight will be controlled by a computer, which will simplify the navigation. The amount of inertia is automatically adjusted. It will be very easy to travel in space, land on a planet, or dock to a station in manual mode.

# Astrophysics: Unlike most other games, Infinity respects the relative scales and distances one could find in space. Realistic orbits are used, and planets move in real-time. Many systems have multiple suns, with a complete hierarchy of celestial bodies orbiting around each other. You will find moons and asteroids in orbit of larger planets, themselves orbiting the sun(s).

Also you can take a look at the videos
Here are the links below.Must see!!! :

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8fU451Oiv9E

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0Dn76lJ082I&feature=related

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mPCGJtLX6oU&feature=related

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6BZNJOj3Sv0&feature=related
Celestia 1.6.1
Windows vista 7 32-bit
ati radeon 5850 (1gb)
intel core 2 duo 3.00 GHz
4GB of ram

Topic author
sanctus

Re: Infinity:The Quest For Earth

Post #2by sanctus » 04.07.2008, 09:32

Tell me your opinion
Celestia 1.6.1
Windows vista 7 32-bit
ati radeon 5850 (1gb)
4GB of ram

ElChristou
Developer
With us: 19 years 7 months

Post #3by ElChristou » 04.07.2008, 09:45

It's a game...

Topic author
sanctus

Post #4by sanctus » 04.07.2008, 15:59

So what?

Do you like it or not?
Celestia 1.6.1
Windows vista 7 32-bit
ati radeon 5850 (1gb)
4GB of ram

Hungry4info
With us: 19 years

Post #5by Hungry4info » 04.07.2008, 19:29

sanctus wrote:So what?

Do you like it or not?

I personally have been lurking around their forum and have been quietly watching the progress of the games development, and I will admit to a bit of excitement over it.

I'll make any judgments after I play the game though.

How much is it going to cost to play? Is it like a subscription sort of thing?
Current Setup:
Windows 7 64 bit. Celestia 1.6.0.
AMD Athlon Processor, 1.6 Ghz, 3 Gb RAM
ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics

ElChristou
Developer
With us: 19 years 7 months

Post #6by ElChristou » 05.07.2008, 08:23

sanctus wrote:So what?

... not much to do with Celestia... (we are not free to do eye candy stuff just for the fun)

t00fri
Developer
With us: 22 years 6 months

Post #7by t00fri » 05.07.2008, 12:38

I also wonder,

is this a covered up ad for that game? Celestia has conceptionally NOTHING to do with games. Also the display accuracy of celestial objects and the correctness of the respective rendering in Celestia is orders of magnitude beyond what that game is addressing. So why do we bother here?

@sanctus: Just praise your favorite game elsewhere.

Fridger

Topic author
sanctus

Post #8by sanctus » 08.07.2008, 16:25

I thought it was general talk here (games,etc) apparently i was wrong
sorry for bothering you anyway,it was waste of time posting it
Celestia 1.6.1
Windows vista 7 32-bit
ati radeon 5850 (1gb)
4GB of ram

Reiko
With us: 17 years 11 months

Post #9by Reiko » 08.07.2008, 21:43

This looks very interesting! I'll definitely give it a try when it comes out. :D

Andy74 M
With us: 20 years 2 months

Post #10by Andy74 » 09.07.2008, 21:54

sanctus wrote:I thought it was general talk here (games,etc) apparently i was wrong
sorry for bothering you anyway,it was waste of time posting it

sanctus,

of course you are free to talk about non Celestia-related topics here in the Purgatory board.
Don't move back too early. People here are used to express their opinions very outspokenly and I think it is good this way.

Bye
Andy

Return to “Petit Bistro Entropy”