PC Hardware Issues

The only place for all Non Celestia Discussion/Stuff
Topic author
MrSpace43
With us: 6 years 6 months

PC Hardware Issues

Post #1by MrSpace43 » 13.01.2022, 17:52

So about 2 days ago, my PC started having problems with its hardware, and the screen turned black without having the PC respond to anything. I have tried restarting it several times, but nothing has worked at all, not even restarting it after a full day. I feel this means that I need to send my laptop off to be repaired. Until my PC is repaired and returned to me, all projects I have been working on are postponed until further notice. Unfortunately I haven't backed up any of the files as this came quite literally out of nowhere, so if any of my major addons (like the Onis system) get corrupted or messed up, then I'm afraid to say that those projects will be canceled. Let's hope that everything will be ok.
Been into Astronomy since the age of 3 or 4. Started making planetary textures back in late 2016. 3D animator who makes high quality animations in Cinema 4D. Likes to sometimes, deliberately torment myself with the stupid green screaming apatosaurus that is Arlo.

My addons page: https://celestiaproject.space/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=22167

rydidop
With us: 2 years 4 months

Post #2by rydidop » 10.02.2022, 08:51

I think you need to reinstall your Windows, but the fact that you have important projects to do is disappointing. I don't even know what to do in this situation.

Topic author
MrSpace43

Post #3by MrSpace43 » 02.03.2022, 17:41

rydidop wrote:I think you need to reinstall your Windows

I can't because the PC's screen shows weird artifacts sometimes when I turn it on, and then about 15-20 seconds after I turn it on, it shuts off on its own. Most of the times when I turn it on, the screen doesn't turn on, and sometimes, the caps lock key, flashes 3 times slowly, then 2 times quickly. No startup loading screen appears at all.

I am currently planning on getting a new PC and having my data transferred from my old PC to the new one, but unfortunately I haven't gotten around to doing it as my Mom has been busy with work, and on the occasions she is not busy and has time, she brushes it off, saying that "We'll get to it soon."
Been into Astronomy since the age of 3 or 4. Started making planetary textures back in late 2016. 3D animator who makes high quality animations in Cinema 4D. Likes to sometimes, deliberately torment myself with the stupid green screaming apatosaurus that is Arlo.

ILikeSaturn
With us: 3 years 9 months

Post #4by ILikeSaturn » 03.03.2022, 04:22

Hello, I looked up your caps lock key's flashing sequence, and it seems that your PC (I assume you use HP) is most likely suffering from a RAM-related error.
If it's severe, you might have to replace the RAM.
I'm not a professional technician, this is what I can find on the internet.
ILikeSaturn Image
Currently working on Project VEAR.
My website: TinyURL.com/ILikeSaturn

Topic author
MrSpace43

Post #5by MrSpace43 » 21.06.2022, 22:44

Brought my PC to a local computer hardware place a few days ago so the guys can check it out, and we're currently waiting on what the status of my laptop is, as to whether it can be repaired, if it's unfixable but the data can be saved and transferred, or whatever it is. Again, this was only fairly recently and I don't have an update on how it's going.

Topic author
MrSpace43

Post #6by MrSpace43 » 27.06.2022, 23:17

Ok so I went to see the computer guy today, and he said that the main problem has been dealt with, and that all the laptop needs now is a new battery so I can charge it. Once it arrives and has been installed, I’ll be back in business making addons and textures again!

Topic author
MrSpace43

Post #7by MrSpace43 » 15.07.2022, 00:34

Good news! The computer technician called today saying that my laptop has been fully repaired and that it’s ready to be picked up. The only problem is that I’m currently out of town, so I’m gonna have to wait until Monday before I can get it back. Other than that, I’ll be back making addons for Celestia!

Topic author
MrSpace43

Post #8by MrSpace43 » 18.07.2022, 18:21

Ladies and gentlemen, I am very excited and proud to say that my laptop is now back in my possession, and everything is now back to normal for me! I'm so excited because now I can get back to making addons, textures, and 3D renderings!

Topic author
MrSpace43

Post #9by MrSpace43 » 20.07.2022, 03:21

Ok never-mind. Scratch that completely. I just need to get a new computer and move everything from my old laptop to that computer (or maybe I’ll need to get an external hard drive).

Edit: Ok so it apparently had a BIOS update and has returned to normal (I think). However for good measure, I'll have to back up everything on this laptop so I can transfer it to a new one should this one break again.

Return to “Petit Bistro Entropy”