I believe I owe everyone here an apology.

The only place for all Non Celestia Discussion/Stuff
Topic author
PlutonianEmpire M
With us: 19 years 9 months

I believe I owe everyone here an apology.

Post #1by PlutonianEmpire » 17.09.2013, 07:13

It has been weighing on my mind for many months, that I feel like I am solely responsible for the multiple incidents regarding Star Trek and the rest of the science fiction and science fantasy genres, resulting in the collapse of activity and decline in the quality of the discussions here.

Yes, the other trolls here played their hands in these incidents, but in spite of that, I feel a lot of guilt and regret about it, so I can't help but think that I'm the reason this all started and eventually drove people away. It is especially hard since in all honesty, I'm a huge Star Trek fan myself, so I really had no excuse to behave the way I did. Not to mention my other rude behavior towards other members, and taking passive-aggressive "pot-shots" at them.

Admittedly, this is probably too little, too late, with all the damage already done; but I think this is the least I could do.

So therefore, I sincerely apologize for my behavior. I do hope for a brighter future for this community again; even if sometimes the probability is nil.

Best Regards,
~ PlutonianEmpire
Terraformed Pluto: Now with New Horizons maps! :D

Hungry4info
With us: 18 years 9 months

Re: I believe I owe everyone here an apology.

Post #2by Hungry4info » 17.09.2013, 09:00

PlutonianEmpire,

I don't think you are nearly as at fault as you seem to believe. I've always thought highly of you and your work and I continue to do so.

I, too, am a Star Trek fan (despite lodgy et al's recent attempts to drive everyone away from it :lol: ), and there's no shame to be had in that. Celestia had a thriving science-fiction population and many interesting works were made for it. I don't think you're in any way responsible for the death of the signal-to-noise ratio on the forum or the subsequent evacuation.

From what I've been able to piece together, the major reason for the decay of the forum may not even really be entirely the fault of the trolls. The Celestia community has been decaying for a while due to some "politics" between various members, and Chris's long-time absence left the project feeling dead. Furthermore, for whatever reason, the moderators for this forum have been AWOL.

But the community itself isn't necessarily dead. We're alive and kicking and helping t00fri with Celestia.Sci. The forum has active moderation to keep the trolls out, and I'm sure you're more than welcome to join us.
http://forum.celestialmatters.org/

- Hungry4info
Current Setup:
Windows 7 64 bit. Celestia 1.6.0.
AMD Athlon Processor, 1.6 Ghz, 3 Gb RAM
ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics

Topic author
PlutonianEmpire M

Post #3by PlutonianEmpire » 18.09.2013, 02:57

Hey, thanks for the reply, and thanks for the support. :)

And I do check on CM every now and then, because I do find the topics there interesting, not to mention the greater quality of the addons there. :)

Cheers,
~ PlutonianEmpire

MiR
With us: 14 years 4 months

Post #4by MiR » 19.09.2013, 02:46

PE,

You're a person of "good will". "Good-will" persons are an enrichment for every community.

Michael

fungun
With us: 16 years 11 months

Post #5by fungun » 19.09.2013, 20:58

PlutonianEmpire, I agree with the crowd. You do not have to apologize for anything.
I also agree with Hungry4info.
I too am a "big" Star Trek fan. That is/was the driving force to really get into Celestia.
But
despite lodgy et al's recent attempts to drive everyone away from it
Pretty much sums it up.
I also go to CM every now and then.
I also have a ton of new ST stuff I have been doing, but won't discuss or show here anymore for the trolls to pick apart :roll:

I really like your stuff too, so keep it up.

Tim

John Van Vliet
With us: 21 years 10 months

Post #6by John Van Vliet » 19.09.2013, 21:50

One of the bridge commander mesh creators posted basically a cease and desist
on those ST stolen meshes and images

farshot
With us: 15 years 2 months

Post #7by farshot » 20.09.2013, 02:22

One of the bridge commander mesh creators posted basically a cease and desist
on those ST stolen meshes and images
(WileyCoyote speaking)
It is the fact that "olyv" has taken my work and others work and re-releasing it without our/their permission.

This is the second time this has happened and the administrators have done nothing to resolve this issue. <----

I have been in contact with many other people who have converted my work to other space simulations, and they care about the original author's work. They make an effort to contact the original author FIRST for permission BEFORE release.

In this case, olyv sets a bad example to everyone else that wants good scifi ships in their game.

Topic author
PlutonianEmpire M

Post #8by PlutonianEmpire » 20.09.2013, 03:55

Thank you, MiR and Fungun for your kind words; they are much appreciated. :)

WileyCoyote, I agree with your assessment that olyv et al is/are a bad example, and it is regrettable that you had to resort to your new measures you mentioned in the other thread; but what must happen must happen. I hope things turn out better eventually. :?

fungun
With us: 16 years 11 months

Post #9by fungun » 20.09.2013, 21:11

yeah, a deflated ! :(

Even his website is no longer updated since ??? :roll:
http://home.mchsi.com/~wilsonta/

That maybe because mchsi.com (my isp) has dropped the free web space that you got when you signed up for their service.
There fore I cannot get into my site to add/ delete anything, but the space is still there. :roll:
Just hanging out in no-man's land :lol:

Do you have any sites or addons we can check out?

Tim

Return to “Petit Bistro Entropy”