Comet Lulin

General physics and astronomy discussions not directly related to Celestia
Topic author
Johaen
With us: 18 years 8 months

Comet Lulin

Post #1by Johaen » 23.02.2009, 05:09

Anyone checking out Comet Lulin? It's been visible for a couple weeks now with a good telescope, and is now visible with a small telescope or good binoculars. Tonight I went out to my local self-designated star gazing spot (which is still horribly light polluted :() to take a look. The only instrument I have for star gazing is my Celestron SkyMaster Giant 15x70 Binoculars. With them, I found Comet Lulin a few degrees South-East of Saturn. It looked like a dim fuzzy patch in the sky, about 1/3 the width of a full moon. Not really much to look at with my binoculars combined with the poor visibility due to all the lights in the area. But I was still pretty excited to see it. I'd imagine it looks much better in a nice sized telescope, or even in my binoculars if I was able to get out of the city lights.

Anyone else taken a look at the comet?
AMD Athlon X2 4400+; 2GB OCZ Platinum RAM; 320GB SATA HDD; NVidia EVGA GeForce 7900GT KO, PCI-e, 512MB, ForceWare ver. 163.71; Razer Barracuda AC-1 7.1 Gaming Soundcard; Abit AN8 32X motherboard; 600 watt Kingwin Mach1 PSU; Windows XP Media Center SP2;

Return to “Physics and Astronomy”