Rndssc - Coming Soon

Post requests, images, descriptions and reports about work in progress here.
Topic author
Rassilon
With us: 22 years 4 months

Rndssc - Coming Soon

Post #1by Rassilon » 21.06.2004, 03:42

Rndssc will be the newest addition to random star systems and globular cluster generation in Celestia. Version 1.0 will contain the ability to generate a small cluster of stars complete with planets all randomly generated. V2.0 will have the ability to generate Globular Clusters and small galactic clusters and a possible ability to generate random nebulae. V3.0 I have hopes to generate random textures and other neat creations that I might come up with...

So far heres a peek into what I hope to have up for grabs in a week or two...maybe sooner...

A horizon over a planet circling a black hole.

A closeup of my new black holes. Far better than the ones in Globular Cluster Generator...

Something interesting about this star? Does it seem brighter just for a moment?

It does...Because its a Pulsar...A better mesh for the pulsars gave me quite a suprise...As seen above...

There is yet more improvements to this first release...Including stellar nebulae and other variations of black holes pulsars and neutron stars yet to come...
I'm trying to teach the cavemen how to play scrabble, its uphill work. The only word they know is Uhh and they dont know how to spell it!

jherschmann
With us: 20 years 1 month

Post #2by jherschmann » 21.06.2004, 08:22

Rassilon,

this looks very promising! Can't wait to get my hands on that...

Keep up the good work!

Joachim

ElPelado
With us: 21 years 2 months

Post #3by ElPelado » 21.06.2004, 08:59

WOW your work is getting better and better!
---------X---------
EL XENTENARIO
1905-2005

My page:
http://www.urielpelado.com.ar
My Gallery:
http://www.celestiaproject.net/gallery/view_al ... y-Universe

eburacum45
With us: 20 years 7 months

Post #4by eburacum45 » 21.06.2004, 10:53

These are remarkable images; well done.

something tells me my graphics card might baulk at them, but I might be wrong..

Topic author
Rassilon
With us: 22 years 4 months

Post #5by Rassilon » 21.06.2004, 13:16

The texture pack[s] that will be included with rndssc will be a maximum of 2k [2048x1024] resolution. You shouldnt have a problem...

You are also able to change the textures to use with rndssc's models and planets. The planet filename structure is configurable in the config file. The models however are not as they are hardcoded in the 3ds file...but by saving your new texture as the same filename as the model, you will change the model's skin.

Jets and pulsars are the exception.

I will release this addon with low resolution and high resolution texture packs seperately...so everyone should be able to use this...With the sourcecode you should have hardly any problems porting to Linux or Mac as I did not use any dll's or MFC...

I am interested in how the project will compile under linux...so since I have a new computer now I figure in a month or less I will take my old system and load mandrake on it...
I'm trying to teach the cavemen how to play scrabble, its uphill work. The only word they know is Uhh and they dont know how to spell it!

don
With us: 20 years 11 months

Re: Rndssc - Coming Soon

Post #6by don » 26.06.2004, 07:45

Rassilon wrote:So far heres a peek into what I hope to have up for grabs in a week or two...maybe sooner...

You big TEASER! 8O :lol: :P

They LOOK GREAT Rassilon!
-Don G.
My Celestia Scripting Resources page

Avatar: Total Lunar Eclipse from our back yard, Oct 2004. Panasonic FZ1 digital camera (no telescope), 36X digital zoom, 8 second exposure at f6.5.

Return to “Add-on development”