Skilled Model Creator wanted...

Post requests, images, descriptions and reports about work in progress here.
Topic author
dalmatian_fanatic
With us: 17 years 9 months

Skilled Model Creator wanted...

Post #1by dalmatian_fanatic » 27.06.2008, 02:13

Hi. I would like a person who is good at Celestia Model making to help me out here. As i am no good with Model Making. But I was hoping someone could be nice enough to create a model for a space craft for a fictional System of mine...as well as a couple specail models for an asteroid belt for that system.

I already have the textures for the models that i could send you to associate with them.

If you are willing to do this for me, my email address is caninegardener87@aol.com

Thanks for hearing me out! :D

ElChristou
Developer
With us: 19 years 4 months

Re: Skilled Model Creator wanted...

Post #2by ElChristou » 27.06.2008, 07:56

5 cents of euro by poly is fine for you?

BobHegwood
With us: 16 years 8 months

Post #3by BobHegwood » 27.06.2008, 12:00

This gentleman is also looking for a Vic Viper model which was originally created by Jestr, I believe.
Does anyone have this model still available on their system somewhere?

And, how much is 5-cents in Euro Poly's? :D
Brain-Dead Geezer Bob is now using...
Windows Vista Home Premium, 64-bit on a
Gateway Pentium Dual-Core CPU E5200, 2.5GHz
7 GB RAM, 500 GB hard disk, Nvidia GeForce 7100
Nvidia nForce 630i, 1680x1050 screen, Latest SVN

MKruer
With us: 21 years 9 months

Post #4by MKruer » 27.06.2008, 18:57

ElChristou wrote:5 cents of euro by poly is fine for you?
ElChristou wern't you the one that created the 1,000,000 poly model a while back? :mrgreen:

zhar2
With us: 16 years 3 months

Post #5by zhar2 » 27.06.2008, 21:59

wow a 50,000 euro model.

ElChristou
Developer

Post #6by ElChristou » 28.06.2008, 06:58

MKruer wrote:
ElChristou wrote:5 cents of euro by poly is fine for you?
ElChristou wern't you the one that created the 1,000,000 poly model a while back? :mrgreen:

Nope, this kind of abuse could only be Cham's work! :wink:
But I won't spit over a 500k model! :wink:

BobHegwood

Post #7by BobHegwood » 28.06.2008, 14:34

Okay, you asked for it...

This gentleman is busting his talents and wasting all of his time in order to provide the Celestia community with a very
nice fictional add-on, and all he's getting here, is grief. Why do you people do this?

Please let me explain something to you here...
This person has a severe disability which causes problems for him, and he cannot get his head around some problems
as well as the rest of you geniuses can do. He was simply asking for some help. Now, maybe it didn't sound like he was
asking in the proper manner, but I can assure you that the request was an honest plea for help.

I know that this add-on is worth the effort, because I have already packaged most of it for him. In fact, if he will
allow me to do so, I will upload the package (as it is so far) to the ML, so that you can see the effort he has put
into this creation. Now, all of you Star Trek geniuses out there might wish to help here because this add-on is for
your own personal world. You know, the one where Captain Kirk battles every other race in the universe? :wink:

I personally cannot stand this kind of add-on for Celestia, and yet I have helped out where I could in order to help
some of you people get your Star Trek stuff packaged correctly, and posted on the ML.

Don't you suppose that this person deserves at least a polite inquiry or note explaining why he isn't going to
receive any help here? Now maybe you all didn't understand this, and I apologize if I am offending again, but we
all contribute to this effort in our own ways, and using the talents which are available to each of us.
Please try to keep this in mind for the sake of the entire community.

Sorry, but as you know, I'm just some Brain-Dead Bozo from nowhere, and you still put up with me.
How about showing a bit of compassion to another person who is simply interested in helping us all in
exploring the (albeit fictional) universe. :roll:

ElChristou
Developer

Post #8by ElChristou » 28.06.2008, 15:08

Bob, relax, nobody was rude here, just ironic but for good reasons (should I have to explain why?). Again and again the question of the noob asking for x y or z without asking himself first if his request had really a point.

Now if people need some special treatment due to whatever reasons, what would be nice would be to present themselves when entering the board, simply to prevent any eventual post that could be offensive vis a vis a certain stage of the being. Now a basic rule is that people in general (not only here) must think a bit before talking/asking. It's a basic and important rule of life, no? (My grandmother had a special french expression for this that sounds like "you must roll your tongue seven times in your mouth before talking"... 8O)

Topic author
dalmatian_fanatic

Post #9by dalmatian_fanatic » 28.06.2008, 15:20

Yes, as bob has stated...because of my condidion...I am sometimes not the BRIGHTEST star in the galaxy :wink: , but if you give me a chance, you can see that I am not a COMPLETE idiot either, LOL!!

For instance, I am pretty skilled with making textures for things...although not the absoulte BEST, I still do a good job with them when I see the textures of other systems and stuff, and compare them with my own.

BobHegwood

Post #10by BobHegwood » 28.06.2008, 16:32

ElChristou wrote:Bob, relax, nobody was rude here, just ironic but for good reasons (should I have to explain why?). Again and again the question of the noob asking for x y or z without asking himself first if his request had really a point.

Now if people need some special treatment due to whatever reasons, what would be nice would be to present themselves when entering the board, simply to prevent any eventual post that could be offensive vis a vis a certain stage of the being. Now a basic rule is that people in general (not only here) must think a bit before talking/asking. It's a basic and important rule of life, no? (My grandmother had a special french expression for this that sounds like "you must roll your tongue seven times in your mouth before talking"... 8O)

I am very sorry, but I did indeed speak without "rolling my tongue in my mouth first." :roll:
What can I tell you... I just react first, then think later. I am, after all, Brain-Dead Bob. :wink:

ElChristou
Developer

Post #11by ElChristou » 28.06.2008, 19:50

dalmatian_fanatic wrote:Yes, as bob has stated...because of my condidion...I am sometimes not the BRIGHTEST star in the galaxy :wink:...
Neither I! (unfortunatly! :wink:)
Now, instead of asking for workforce that is greatly missing those days, try searching the forum for asteroids models (you'll find some), for the rest search the web, you will probably find what you need.

zhar2
With us: 16 years 3 months

Post #12by zhar2 » 28.06.2008, 22:32

Well as a modeler im bellow average since it takes me a while longer to complete them (ive improved since last time although still need ), but i can do some ok stuff so as bob intriged me (could that addon be triskelion? ), so i would volunteer if im wanted but also id like a bit more info on the addon.

Asteroids i can do as spacecrafts.

Topic author
dalmatian_fanatic

Post #13by dalmatian_fanatic » 29.06.2008, 02:36

i dont think there will be any type of asteroid model that i would need that already exists...what im after would have to be made up. In my addon, there is an asteriod belt some 35-36 AU's from the star...but with a twist...the asteriods all have those Easter Island Moai heads imbedded on their surface...and i was asking if someone might edit a couple of asteroid models to have these rock heads attached to them. Silly it may seem, but this is how the asteroids all are in the game that i am basing my fictional system on.

BobHegwood

Post #14by BobHegwood » 29.06.2008, 02:49

dalmatian_fanatic wrote:Silly it may seem, but this is how the asteroids all are in the game that i am basing my fictional system on.
Sorry, but now you lost me... :wink:
Is this NOT a Star Trek add-on? Just need to know before we place it on the ML in the correct place.

Thanks, Brain-Dead

Topic author
dalmatian_fanatic

Post #15by dalmatian_fanatic » 29.06.2008, 03:24

Oh, i thought i had mentioned to you that this addon was based on a game i had Bob, LOL! It is based on an older game called Gradius 3. I am a major fan of that series of games...they have kept this title going from the very FIRST Nintendo, even up to the recent consoles such as playstation2. And i figure that with Celestia being freeware--that i would not break any copyright rules, and that this was a safe way to recreate the worlds from those games. Hope that makes sense.

rthorvald
With us: 20 years 8 months

Post #16by rthorvald » 29.06.2008, 08:40

3D model search engine:
http://3d.csie.ntu.edu.tw/~dynamic/cgi- ... index.html
You must check each instance, but most of the content seems to be freeware.

large 3D model database:
http://www-c.inria.fr/gamma/download/download.php
This is just a list of downloadables available on the web, but the host have no copyright information on the individual files, so if you find a model you like, you have to hunt down the info for yourself. Downloadable asteroids in this list: http://www-c.inria.fr/gamma/search.php? ... ut=graphic

Some moai models that appears to be public (from the FIRST page of a google search for "moai 3d model"; i am sure you can do better than me):
http://www.3dvia.com/shadows44/media/442D687A4C5E7042
http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/ ... 5d2605b63f

So, you can just open some of these in Anim8or and put them together simply. No great modelling skills necessary, just some googling and perhaps a few e-mails if you should need permissions from an original author.

- rthorvald

BobHegwood

Post #17by BobHegwood » 29.06.2008, 16:04

This add-on is now available on the Motherlode HERE.

Thanks for those resources Runar. Mayhap I can learn something here too. :wink:

Topic author
dalmatian_fanatic

Post #18by dalmatian_fanatic » 30.06.2008, 01:03

Just a quick note, that although Bob has already sent the addon of the system to the Motherlode, there will most certainly be a couple of future updates for it. :)

Topic author
dalmatian_fanatic

Post #19by dalmatian_fanatic » 30.06.2008, 01:12

Oh and thanks for those links to those models! The second link actually took me to JUST the type of Moai heads that i was looking for! :D

BobHegwood

Post #20by BobHegwood » 01.07.2008, 04:54

Mr. Noob has also created an asteroid (or moon) which looks very much like what you'd want to start with for your unique asteroids. Check out the link HERE, and read down through the posts until you find where you can download the zip file. Take a close look at Moon III of Venoes V. This would be a very nice starting place for the creation of your asteroids. :wink:

Thanks, Bob

Return to “Add-on development”