Some more Trek addons in the works

Post requests, images, descriptions and reports about work in progress here.
ANDREA
With us: 22 years

Re: Some more Trek addons in the works

Post #61by ANDREA » 21.12.2008, 01:23

BobHegwood wrote:The Enterprise Pack IS available HERE.
Yes Bob, thank you, but it didn't appear in the "List of New Addons", probably because it's been considered as an upgrade, without even changing its name. :(
If I can, I would suggest to release it once again, with a new name (e.g. NEW Enterprise Pack, or Enterprise Pack #2, or something else), eliminating at the same time the actually shown one.
This way there will be evidence that the Pack is at all new, even if regarding previous stuff. :wink:
Just an opinion, obviously, but after many days I was still waiting for it in the List of New Addons, where it never appeared, and only after Reiko's suggestion I found it with the old name.
Bye

Andrea :D
"Something is always better than nothing!"
HP Omen 15-DC1040nl- Intel® Core i7 9750H, 2.6/4.5 GHz- 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD+ 1TB SATA 6 SSD- 32GB SDRAM DDR4 2666 MHz- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB-WIN 11 PRO

Topic author
Reiko
With us: 17 years 8 months

Post #62by Reiko » 23.01.2009, 04:26

The orbital office from the first movie along with a redone Enterprise in dock.
This addon is not meant to replace fungun's wonderful earth orbit but instead is meant to emulate the first movie. It includes a new Enterprise model, drydock with TMP colors and the orbital office complex. :)

BobHegwood
With us: 16 years 8 months

Post #63by BobHegwood » 23.01.2009, 14:27

ANDREA wrote:If I can, I would suggest to release it once again, with a new name (e.g. NEW Enterprise Pack, or Enterprise Pack #2, or something else), eliminating at the same time the actually shown one.
This way there will be evidence that the Pack is at all new, even if regarding previous stuff. :wink:
Just an opinion, obviously, but after many days I was still waiting for it in the List of New Addons, where it never appeared, and only after Reiko's suggestion I found it with the old name.

Would love to accommodate Andrea, but I don't have any control over that stuff.
Would suggest that you send an e-mail to Ulrich concerning these matters. I wouldn't
hold your breath while waiting for changes though. Ulrich is extremely busy in his
professional life at the moment. :wink:

Thanks, Brain-Dead
Brain-Dead Geezer Bob is now using...
Windows Vista Home Premium, 64-bit on a
Gateway Pentium Dual-Core CPU E5200, 2.5GHz
7 GB RAM, 500 GB hard disk, Nvidia GeForce 7100
Nvidia nForce 630i, 1680x1050 screen, Latest SVN

Adirondack M
With us: 20 years 3 months

Post #64by Adirondack » 25.01.2009, 23:17

ANDREA wrote:...but it didn't appear in the "List of New Addons", probably because it's been considered as an upgrade, without even changing its name.
Andrea,
when you look at the "List of New addons", there is a link "Click here to show addons which were modified since your last visit."
If you would have clicked that link, you would have seen the "Enterprise Pack".

In the catalogs you can hover of the name of the addon (white letters) to get a balloon tip with last modification date.

Adirondack
We all live under the same sky, but we do not have the same horizon. (K. Adenauer)
The horizon of some people is a circle with the radius zero - and they call it their point of view. (A. Einstein)

ANDREA
With us: 22 years

Post #65by ANDREA » 25.01.2009, 23:49

Adirondack wrote:
ANDREA wrote:...but it didn't appear in the "List of New Addons", probably because it's been considered as an upgrade, without even changing its name.
Andrea,
when you look at the "List of New addons", there is a link "Click here to show addons which were modified since your last visit." If you would have clicked that link, you would have seen the "Enterprise Pack".
In the catalogs you can hover of the name of the addon (white letters) to get a balloon tip with last modification date.
Adirondack
Adirondack, I know and always push that button. :)
What I was meaning is that due to the unchanged name, I didn't understand it as new, as normally all modified addons have a modified name.
Therefore I was asking for a change of the name of the modified addon, e.g. Enterprise Pack New, in order to clearly show that they are two different things.
If tomorrow someone will go to the Sci-Fi box, or in Reiko's creators page, he will find two addons with different date but the same name.
Bye and thank you.

Andrea :D
"Something is always better than nothing!"
HP Omen 15-DC1040nl- Intel® Core i7 9750H, 2.6/4.5 GHz- 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD+ 1TB SATA 6 SSD- 32GB SDRAM DDR4 2666 MHz- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB-WIN 11 PRO

BobHegwood
With us: 16 years 8 months

Post #66by BobHegwood » 26.01.2009, 00:28

Just so's you know about it...

fungun's new add-ons can now be found HERE, and HERE.
We aim to please. :roll:

Thanks, Brain-Dead
Brain-Dead Geezer Bob is now using...
Windows Vista Home Premium, 64-bit on a
Gateway Pentium Dual-Core CPU E5200, 2.5GHz
7 GB RAM, 500 GB hard disk, Nvidia GeForce 7100
Nvidia nForce 630i, 1680x1050 screen, Latest SVN

fsgregs
With us: 21 years 8 months

Post #67by fsgregs » 26.01.2009, 01:21

Reiko:

Your new models of the orbiting office from TMP are great looking. :)

Regarding the spacedock recoloring, it looks a bit too orange in the screen shot. I would combine it with a touch of gray to tone down the color a bit. Also, in making my Enterprise scripted departure scenes, I recolored the lights on the space dock to make them look a much paler yellow-white rather than a bright yellow. I have attached the revised light color as two files below, in the event you wish to use it.

Can't wait to download the new models.

Frank

Topic author
Reiko
With us: 17 years 8 months

Post #68by Reiko » 26.01.2009, 23:23

fsgregs wrote:Reiko:

Your new models of the orbiting office from TMP are great looking. :)

Regarding the spacedock recoloring, it looks a bit too orange in the screen shot. I would combine it with a touch of gray to tone down the color a bit. Also, in making my Enterprise scripted departure scenes, I recolored the lights on the space dock to make them look a much paler yellow-white rather than a bright yellow. I have attached the revised light color as two files below, in the event you wish to use it.

Can't wait to download the new models.

Frank

The lights do need to be recolored but as for the dock itself, I think the color is correct. I remember seeing a behind the scenes photo in a book (maybe The Art of Star Trek, not sure) of the model and it was very orange. I think it looks toned down in the movie because of how it's lit. They didn't light it very brightly like the sun does in celestia. That's why the Enterprise also doesn't look like it's actual color in many shots in the film. Sometimes it looks orange-brown, sometimes grey and sometimes pearl white.

Return to “Add-on development”