New Shuttle...

Post requests, images, descriptions and reports about work in progress here.
Spaceman Spiff
With us: 22 years 4 months

Post #201by Spaceman Spiff » 12.08.2005, 08:02

That's right, put his e-mail address onto a web page for the nuts and 'bots to find! ;)

Code: Select all

Hello I totally saw your post.

I wonder if 'partially seeing a post' is implied as the norm. What would 'partially saw' mean?

Spiff.

rthorvald
With us: 20 years 8 months

Post #202by rthorvald » 12.08.2005, 09:38

Spaceman Spiff wrote:I wonder if 'partially seeing a post' is implied as the norm. What would 'partially saw' mean?

It means you aren??t an Advanced Computer Pro, and can only read partially.

-rthorvald :-)

t00fri
Developer
With us: 22 years 3 months

Post #203by t00fri » 12.08.2005, 11:47

rthorvald wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:I wonder if 'partially seeing a post' is implied as the norm. What would 'partially saw' mean?

It means you aren??t an Advanced Computer Pro, and can only read partially.

-rthorvald :-)

H?¶, h?¶.... :D

Bye Fridger

PS: Bye the way I found that letter to ElChristou, really a shame and I seriously hope that this guy is kind of a singularity over there...

BigJimW
With us: 18 years 10 months

Post #204by BigJimW » 12.08.2005, 21:58

Hi gang,

I want to assure you all that like what Donamy says, we do not and will not tolerate someone stealing others work for Celestia (or from any other application or simulator) for use in Orbiter.

Martin is aware of the situation and has let the admins and moderatos know on the Orbiter board to be on the lookout if this mesh should get heisted and a link posted to it.

I personally will ban the one who attempts to pull this stunt. I can imagine the amount of work involved in making this mesh and it is totally wrong if this crackpot desides to convert it to Orbiter mesh format and not get permission, or worse still, claim it as their own.

And knowing the Orbiter community as well as I do, the minute the mesh hits the streets (if it does so), the person responsible will probably not last an hour (after getting flamed to a crisp and permanently IP banned afterwards)

We as a community will be quite vigilant regarding this. And as a warning to the person who is attempting this, we will act accordingly.

I personally like to think that Orbiter and Celestia are sims that should get along. Neither one of us needs some rogue crackpot to spoil it for everyone.

Thats all. BTW - NICE mesh! :)

- Jim Williams
M6 Orbiter Board Moderator

Cham M
With us: 20 years 5 months

Post #205by Cham » 12.08.2005, 22:06

Man, all this story is getting seriously funny ! ;-)

Passion, emotivity and jealousy for a Celestia model, from some guys playing with another soft, this is just too much. LOL
"Well! I've often seen a cat without a grin", thought Alice; "but a grin without a cat! It's the most curious thing I ever saw in all my life!"

BigJimW

Post #206by BigJimW » 12.08.2005, 22:12

Cham wrote:Man, all this story is getting seriously funny ! ;-)

Passion, emotivity and jealousy for a Celestia model, from some guys playing with another soft, this is just too much. LOL

Dude, we just don't PLAY another soft, we fly 'er. :)

http://www.moonport.org/Freedom7-Flight.ram

symaski62
With us: 20 years 2 months

Post #207by symaski62 » 12.08.2005, 23:52

BigJimW wrote:
Cham wrote:Man, all this story is getting seriously funny ! ;-)

Dude, we just don't PLAY another soft, we fly 'er. :)

http://www.moonport.org/Freedom7-Flight.ram

yes orbiter 2005 :wink: ^^
windows 10 directX 12 version
celestia 1.7.0 64 bits
with a general handicap of 80% and it makes much d' efforts for the community and s' expimer, thank you d' to be understanding.

Topic author
ElChristou
Developer
With us: 19 years 5 months

Post #208by ElChristou » 13.08.2005, 03:40

BigJimW wrote:Hi gang,

I want to assure you all that like what Donamy says, we do not and will not tolerate someone stealing others work for Celestia (or from any other application or simulator) for use in Orbiter.

Martin is aware of the situation and has let the admins and moderatos know on the Orbiter board to be on the lookout if this mesh should get heisted and a link posted to it.

I personally will ban the one who attempts to pull this stunt. I can imagine the amount of work involved in making this mesh and it is totally wrong if this crackpot desides to convert it to Orbiter mesh format and not get permission, or worse still, claim it as their own.

And knowing the Orbiter community as well as I do, the minute the mesh hits the streets (if it does so), the person responsible will probably not last an hour (after getting flamed to a crisp and permanently IP banned afterwards)

We as a community will be quite vigilant regarding this. And as a warning to the person who is attempting this, we will act accordingly.

I personally like to think that Orbiter and Celestia are sims that should get along. Neither one of us needs some rogue crackpot to spoil it for everyone.

Thats all. BTW - NICE mesh! :)

- Jim Williams

Many tx to Martin and Mods from the Orbiter team for the support.

Jeam Tag M
With us: 21 years 3 months

Post #209by Jeam Tag » 13.08.2005, 07:33

BigJimW wrote:I personally like to think that Orbiter and Celestia are sims that should get along. Neither one of us needs some rogue crackpot to spoil it for everyone.- Jim Williams
Hello all, I am agree with this, thanks to the Orbiters to clarify. The 2 progs have not the same goal (universe simulation for a hand, driving astronautical missions for the other), but they are complementary softs.
So, they can have some common interrest: they have so many works to do that they can have a good look for each one... (Like the evolutive ISS ported into Celestia, or the Jestr meshes/textures ported into Orbiter, all with credits...but these links are quite rares). The guy who send to you the message, Chris, is a 'mauvais plaisant qui ne represente pas la communaut?© Orbiter'. So, first, you have to do your great model for Celestia, 'course. Jeam

Ps: Brain Jones has just modeled a RMO launch mission for Orbiter: when the mars trajectory will be occure, it will nice to have this probe installed in Celestia too, yes?
I take this example to explain that the first goal of Orbiter is to recreate first the launch, manipulate the elements of the mission, and conduct it. In Celestia, this is the coordonates and good positionning for a good representation of the entire solar sys that are needed first. If there is a good model, it is 'La cerise sur le gateau' :-)
Catalogue des ajouts /Catalog for the Add-Ons in French
...PAGES LOSTS, SORRY

jgrillo2002
With us: 21 years 11 months

Post #210by jgrillo2002 » 13.08.2005, 16:53

Guys. I know this is off topic but here is the truth. it was kevin martin that wrote that email. I was the one that told him to do it so its my fault :cry:
I take full responsibility for these actions and I ask that I must be punished for this crime. you may do your worst (ban me) :cry:

Good Bye everyone

Topic author
ElChristou
Developer

Post #211by ElChristou » 13.08.2005, 17:16

jgrillo2002 wrote:Guys. I know this is off topic but here is the truth. it was kevin martin that wrote that email. I was the one that told him to do it so its my fault :cry:
I take full responsibility for these actions and I ask that I must be punished for this crime. you may do your worst (ban me) :cry:

Good Bye everyone

Mmmh I was thinking in something like this... Saying it was a real stupidity won't serve...

Now at least, your actitude is good enough to "save" your friend from being banned from the Orbiter community.

Now about our community I let people over there to take a decision.

Cham M
With us: 20 years 5 months

Post #212by Cham » 13.08.2005, 17:19

The guy admited his crime. If he learn from that and pay respect to other people creations, I dont think we should ban him. We must have a VERY serious reason to ban someone here.
"Well! I've often seen a cat without a grin", thought Alice; "but a grin without a cat! It's the most curious thing I ever saw in all my life!"

BigJimW

Post #213by BigJimW » 13.08.2005, 21:56

ElChristou wrote:Now at least, your actitude is good enough to "save" your friend from being banned from the Orbiter community.

Kevin Martin is the proverbial "King of the Ban" on the Orbiter board. Not much saves this dude. :lol:

Ask anyone there. 8)

Donamy
With us: 20 years 10 months

Post #214by Donamy » 13.08.2005, 22:16

jgrillo2002 wrote: it was kevin martin that wrote that email.

Why am I not surprised??? :roll:

bh
With us: 21 years 6 months

Post #215by bh » 14.08.2005, 23:19

Hello peeps...just thought I would drop my half an ESB in here. I've had nothing but support from members of the Orbiter community when setting up the shuttle and iss models, many of which are direct translations from orbiter meshes (notably, Andrew Farnaby's superb ISS model).

Many thanks go to Donamy, Andrew, Orbiterfan and others.

I reckon we have alot to offer each other with these two great sims, so lets cut the crap and enjoy and share!

Chris...your model is looking supreme btw!

regards...bh.

Topic author
ElChristou
Developer

Post #216by ElChristou » 27.10.2005, 18:39

Nope unfortunatly it's not yet the release of the payload bay open...

On ML (here) you will find the last released of:

Atlantis v1.1 = the shuttle whitout Flight Deck, but with improved cuttings, less poly, new thrusters,

Atlantis v2.0 = with Flight Deck (just CRT textured), improved cuttings, less poly...

All previous download links in this post are now dead.
Bye.

Return to “Add-on development”