My First Add-On (coming soon)

Post requests, images, descriptions and reports about work in progress here.
Topic author
bobdolesrevenge1
With us: 18 years

My First Add-On (coming soon)

Post #1by bobdolesrevenge1 » 26.01.2007, 22:06

Hi, everybody.

I'm relatively new to Celestia, I've only had the program for a few months. Nonetheless, I love to create new systems and have been working on one now for about five weeks. I am so pleased with it that I would like to share my add-on with the Celetia community. This is a very large and ambitious project, with 14 planets and 116 moons orbiting a single star known as "Heaven's Gate." Here are pictures of some of the textures I created for this project.

This is still a work in progress, but all the planets and moons are in place. All that needs to be done is adding a few asteroids and comets, writing the read-me and credits, and creating the info-URLs. I'm hoping to be done by the end of February.

The main reason I created this post, though, is how the heck do you upload big files like this onto the forum for others to download? If someone could help me out with this, I'd be greatful.

Thanks!

selden
Developer
With us: 22 years 1 month

Post #2by selden » 26.01.2007, 22:16

The Celestia Forum itself doesn't support uploading of files. One has to provide them on a Web server, just as you did with the pictures.

If you can't provide the Web space yourself, the Celestia MotherLode can provide space for most types of Addons. Unfortunately the lead time can be significant since there's only one person handling it at the moment. Also, you should provide something unique in your Addon, so that it is not "just another fictional solar system."

http://www.celestiamotherlode.net/
Selden

Captain Nephilim
With us: 18 years 11 months

Post #3by Captain Nephilim » 01.02.2007, 14:56

I really like your planets, especially the ones in pictures 4, 6 and 7. I look forward to downloading your system. But be sure to create low/med resolution version(s), because many people balk at the idea of downloading someone else's 100 meg monster.
-------------------------
---------------------------------
-----Cpt----------------------------------
---------Nephilim--------------------------------------
--------------------------------
--------------------
----------

Return to “Add-on development”