Spaceship Cockpit

Post requests, images, descriptions and reports about work in progress here.
Topic author
Dreamofgilgamesh
With us: 18 years 11 months

Spaceship Cockpit

Post #1by Dreamofgilgamesh » 02.11.2006, 15:01

Dear Group, i've returned to Celestia after a long absence and i still like it just as much as i used to.

However, i seem to remember that "Boux" was indeed working on such a thing, in fact i found the post, i think this is it,,,

http://www.celestiaproject.net/forum/viewtopic ... ip+cockpit

Now i've read through the post and got myself confused.

I've copied this extract from the post,,,

"To get there, you will have to make some changes both in "celestiacore.h" and "celestiacore.ccp".
All the changes are fully documented in the files themselves and very easy to figure out.
First, the change in the header file "celestiacore.h". We have to put in there a variable that can be used globally in "celestiacore.ccp" where the main loop of Celestia is sitting.
Look at the very bottom of "celestiacore.h" for the lines:"

But where do i find "celestiacore.ccp" or "celestiacore.h" or have i not understood it correctly. I just have the standard Celestia installed with no add-ons or patches.

Can some kind soul give me a few pointers as to how to overlay the cockpit into Celestia?

Many Thanks

Starshipwright
With us: 18 years 1 month

Post #2by Starshipwright » 02.11.2006, 20:19

The cockpit overlay was coded into the ecucation version of Celestia. This version incorporates some features not in the offical release to make it better for instructional use. You can find it at at the education section of the Celestia Motherlode:

http://www.celestiamotherlode.net/catalog/educational.php

Topic author
Dreamofgilgamesh
With us: 18 years 11 months

Post #3by Dreamofgilgamesh » 02.11.2006, 21:05

Oh thank you very much for that

fsgregs
With us: 21 years 11 months

Post #4by fsgregs » 05.11.2006, 23:17

As pointed out by Starshipwright, the educational version of Celestia, known as "Celestia-141-ED", is available on the Motherlode educational page at http://www.celestiamotherlode.net/creators/fsgregs/educational/CED-141-WIN_setup.zip.

It contains a cockpit. To see it, simply download and unzip the file to your desktop, then click on it to install it into your computer. It will install the educational version of Celestia into a new folder named "Celestia-ED". Launch Celestia-ED, and press the [F9] key to toggle the cockpit on or off.

In 2003, a Celestia hyperdrive "spaceship" was created for the educational series in Celestia. It is based on the Orion spaceplane from the movie, "2001, a Space Odyssey", with some modifications. It looks pretty sleek.

Here is a screenshot of it, showing both the external view of the ship, and the internal cockpit view from inside the ship:

The Celestia spaceship has been available only as a part of a large add-on on the education page known as the "General Educational Add-on". However, based upon popular demand, I have just sent it to the Motherlode as a separate add-on. Look for it in the "Spacecraft/Other" category. You can download it into your extras folder, with or without the use of Celestia-ED. Check out the read-me file for instructions.

It should appear on the Motherlode in a few days.

Enjoy

Frank

With us: 17 years 9 months

Post #5by 114211 » 03.12.2006, 18:55

wow that's a really good pic is that incorporated in the style somewhere? don't you think it wuld take too much time for regular users to load it?

fsgregs
With us: 21 years 11 months

Post #6by fsgregs » 06.12.2006, 01:52

112411:

The Celestia spaceship is now available on the motherlode at this address:

http://www.celestiamotherlode.net/catalog/fictional.php#1700

Download it to your computer, unzip it into your extras folder, and you're ready to begin flying through space. Note that the cockpit feature is not part of the external ship. The cockpit is part of a different version of Celestia (called patch 3).

Enjoy the ship.

Frank

Return to “Add-on development”