New probes models from old models, for 1.5.0

Post requests, images, descriptions and reports about work in progress here.
Starshipwright
With us: 18 years 1 month

Post #21by Starshipwright » 16.10.2006, 13:27

You need to make a new folder (call it what ever you like) in extras.

Place the models and texture folders into it.

Now open the probes folder and select all of the contents (Should be a folder called data and a lot of .ssc files) and paste them into the new folder with the models and textures folder. You should end up with a new folder that has the 3 folders: models, textures, data and a lot of separate .ssc files in it.

I think that the problem is that the way that you have it Celestia is reading the .ssc files and because the models and textures are in a different folder Celestia is not finding them so the objects "disappear".

danielj
With us: 21 years 1 month

Post #22by danielj » 16.10.2006, 23:36

Finally it worked.But some models don??t have textures.And separate addons don??t work anymore.For example,MGSf or MGStf.Can??t wait to see the remainder models in the package...

Starshipwright wrote:You need to make a new folder (call it what ever you like) in extras.

Place the models and texture folders into it.

Now open the probes folder and select all of the contents (Should be a folder called data and a lot of .ssc files) and paste them into the new folder with the models and textures folder. You should end up with a new folder that has the 3 folders: models, textures, data and a lot of separate .ssc files in it.

I think that the problem is that the way that you have it Celestia is reading the .ssc files and because the models and textures are in a different folder Celestia is not finding them so the objects "disappear".

Topic author
Cham M
With us: 20 years 8 months

Post #23by Cham » 16.11.2006, 20:46

I'm doing some corrections to the "Orion" model (from Kubrick's 2001) and the Moonbus. They are much better now, in Celestia 1.5.0 (and of course in 1.4.1). The Orion shuttle was full of holes, and its specular reflection was way too strong. The moonbus needed some smoothing corrections to its mesh, and needed a pilot. The feet and propulsors are much better too. I didn't added a copilot since this would alter the framerate too much. I think it's enough like this.

I'll publish both models here, when I'll be back home tonight. Here's a cookie (notice the pilot inside the moonbus) :

"Well! I've often seen a cat without a grin", thought Alice; "but a grin without a cat! It's the most curious thing I ever saw in all my life!"

Topic author
Cham M

Post #24by Cham » 17.11.2006, 01:56

Here's a link to the new models :

http://nho.ohn.free.fr/celestia/Cham/2001.zip (3.9 MB zip file)

This package includes both models : the Orion shuttle and the moonbus, with all their textures.

Enjoy !
"Well! I've often seen a cat without a grin", thought Alice; "but a grin without a cat! It's the most curious thing I ever saw in all my life!"

Topic author
Cham M

Post #25by Cham » 06.12.2006, 06:22

Here's a new generic satellite model, from an old one. The file is half the size of the original, and yet the mesh is better.

http://nho.ohn.free.fr/celestia/Cham/Satellite3.3ds.zip (265 KB zip file)

Use it for your geostationnary satellites, or any other one...

Preview :

Return to “Add-on development”