Ross 128 System (1.1 update, 3rd post)

Post requests, images, descriptions and reports about work in progress here.
Topic author
Kitteh
With us: 18 years 5 months

Ross 128 System (1.1 update, 3rd post)

Post #1by Kitteh » 21.05.2006, 02:57

I have a friend named Ross, so I decided to make a joke system about him :)

The planets are Fernwood, Redwood, and Arrogant. Redwood has a moon called Honors Geometry.

Fernwood is a planet much like mercury. However, one side is always facing Ross 128. Thus, one half is nearly completely molten, and has a thick atmosphere of rock vapor.

Redwood is a bit smaller than Earth, and is similar to Mars. It has an ocean of rust (if that's even possible) Honors Geometry is Redwood's rocky moon.

Arrogant is a very small icy outer planet. I don't know why I made it blue.

Fernwood, Arrogant, and Honors Geometry are made from many planet textures edited together. Redwood was made from scratch. Redwood and Arrogant use spec maps. They all use bump maps. They're all 1k except for Redwood, which is 2k.
Download it here. It's only 5 MB :) It may take a while for my FTP to respond, sorry about that.

Remember, I did this as a joke (and it's my first poke into creating a system) so don't take it seriously or anything. If I do expand and make more planets, they'll be gas giants.

Redwood
Fernwood
Fernwood against the star Ross 128
Honors Geometry, Redwood's moon
Arrogant
Last edited by Kitteh on 21.05.2006, 21:39, edited 1 time in total.

bh
With us: 21 years 9 months

Post #2by bh » 21.05.2006, 10:51

Very nice!
regards...bh.

Topic author
Kitteh

Post #3by Kitteh » 21.05.2006, 20:08

Thanks!

I've done another planet, a ringed gas giant called Albino with a radius of 63000km. It has an earthlike moon called British Child Actors, with a radius of 4340km. I'm going to make more moons later. I'm not happy with the texture. It seems very blurry. I think my next attempt at a gas giant will be better, though.

I've unintentionally given the planet lunar and solar eclipses. I have no picture of the lunar eclipse, because the moon is simply pitch black. Because Ross 128 is so small and faint, the corona is covered during solar eclipses. :lol: From Arrogant, it just looks like a nearby star.

Get version 1.1 update here.

I forgot to say this earlier: Extract the .rar files to Celestia\extras.

Rassilon
With us: 22 years 8 months

Post #4by Rassilon » 22.05.2006, 22:00

The eye on the ringed planet is bigger than my jovian's!

Nice work...
I'm trying to teach the cavemen how to play scrabble, its uphill work. The only word they know is Uhh and they dont know how to spell it!

Topic author
Kitteh

Post #5by Kitteh » 22.05.2006, 22:29

Rassilon wrote:The eye on the ringed planet is bigger than my jovian's!

Nice work...

Thank you :) Your Jovian is awesome, may I ask how you did it?

Rassilon
With us: 22 years 8 months

Post #6by Rassilon » 23.05.2006, 00:49

Don Edwards should appreciate this... I learned from him...

A gradient A distort filter like jiggle or ripple and liquify all done in Photoshop... :mrgreen:
I'm trying to teach the cavemen how to play scrabble, its uphill work. The only word they know is Uhh and they dont know how to spell it!

Return to “Add-on development”